Thread: WizzTrack re-assembly tips

WizzTrack re-assembly tips

We're looking at re-assembling a Wizztrack,the track's been sitting unused in the back corner of a hobby shop for about a year now.
    Has anybody got any tips on re-assembling it.
    We're wondering if we should wipe the track joiner slots out with vinegar and maybe brake clean,then apply some rail zip to each key and rail.
    Anybody got any Pro's or Con's against trying this.
    Open to any and all suggestions on how to put this sucker back together.
    Thanks guys

Hornet, Why not just go to the Wizzard site and request the info from Bob himself. I'm sure he and others who own Wizz tracks will give you a wealth of information.

I wanna see that.

Mick,lol.
    That's easier said then done Stez .

Hornet, Have you stung the Wizz lately? Stez

Hornet, I've never seen a Wizz track in person but I understand that they are real nice. I live about 500 feet from the Atlantic Ocean and 500 feet from Boston Harbor so I'm sandwiched between two great bodies of water and a ton of salt air. On a few occations over the years the track sat for more than a year. Once six years. I cleaned the contacts with a dremel wire brush and cleaaned the top of the rails with a green scour pad then rail zipped. Worked perfect. That was a Tyco track. I did the same to a Bowman track years later. I did the same thing to remove the rust using the green pad and rail zip worked great. The only problem was that the white lane turned pink! Now I use WD40 with the green pad and have no rust problems, Stez

I guess you could say Bob and i have had our differances over the last coupl'a years .
    Thanks for the tips Stez,i'd never really gave much thought to a green pad and WD-40,thanks for the heads up on that one.

Goodluck, Stez