Ever since I saw this car on the cover of April 1973 Car Model magazine I have been enamored with it! It illustrates a high point of graphic design in the beautiful “Sundance” paintwork along with marking the last of the brass 'n wire plumber chassis. And then powered by a Bob Green motor besides, how cool is that?
Well, I strove to make it as close to the MCM cover car as possible and only had to make a couple of concessions . . . however the next one will be better . . . Enjoy!

Yeah, I know that it's not polished to a mirror finish like some project cars are. But the joints are strong, the motor spins up smoothly, and I bet on the track (with glue of course) this baby would really move! This is an honest handbuilt slot car. A replica of one built by an icon of the hobby, not a museum piece . . .

This close-up is to demonstrate the aid and help that the many Slotblog members have provided me over the past year with regard to soldering techniques. Of course breathing all those fumes will probably shorten my life . . . but who wants to live forever? Thank you, guys . . .

Motor parts laid out just like Lee did in the Jan ’73 CM.

The glue shield formed and mounted just like Mr. Gilbert did it, turned out to be way easier than I thought it would be.

This car is now posted on a local auction site if anyone wants it...