28 32.94%
  • P.A. Watson - Slotcars of Katy Raceway

48 56.47%
  • Frank Sarkella - Rhonert Park Raceway

9 10.59%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Location Preference for 2008 USRA Wing Car Nats

Question Location Preference for 2008 USRA Wing Car Nats

This is unofficial. State your preference for where you would like the nats will be held next year.....
    Last edited by ncsercs; 05-07-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Poll Vaulting

It's not only unnoficial, but it's a tad premature as well!

Have any of these raceways indicated they are bidding for the 2008 Nats yet???

Have any others not in your poll???

Also - I'm moving this thread to the "Poll Position" forum - that's where the polls go (hence the name)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Submission Posted

Hi Paul,

Benny, after the submission date closed, posted the names of the three raceways that put in a bid of the 2008 wing nats prior to this poll.

Kenny
    K3
    Kustom Kolors by Kenny

A bit out of the loop...

DOH!!

And about now the question comes up....

Am I still the USRA Wing Div communication Director???

I guess I read the thread in the USRA forum - where it asks for submissions - but no updates.

Now I found the one stickied on the main forum with the updates... it should probably be in the USRA forum... a bit confusing (maybe only to me?)
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 05-09-2007 at 07:28 PM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Ok, time for me to voice my opinion LOL

I have to say PA's... and I'll even give my reasons:
    1. He deserves a Nats. Its his time to shine
    2. One of the nicest guys in our racing world
    3. His track is all legit, lets see how fast we can go
    4. I have a hot blonde friend that i wanna see and hang out with while i'm there

Josh B
    Boola Racing

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Quickerthanu
    4. I have a hot blonde friend that i wanna see and hang out with while i'm there

Josh B

What is HIS name?
    Remember the lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

Other Considerations

Josh,

I agree with the important points that you have said, but consider these other aspects:

By the design of the track you will loose sight of your car. Ask Carlos and John Torrie about their experience at the manufacture's cup that was hosted there a few years back.

Texas in late July to early August, the temperature can be brutal.

If you want to see your lust interest, why do you need a race as an excuse?

I'm also sure that PA will address my two questions when he does his presentation at the Nats.

Kenny
    K3
    Kustom Kolors by Kenny

Reply to K3

Kenny,

I respectfully disagree with part of your comment.

I've raced on P.A.'s track an 12-15 times since it was new. I had more difficulty keeping up with my car at Gaithersburg and I don't mean that to slight The Track. I'm sure a large part was that I had not raced in a while and thus my car preparation plus hand/eye coordination were less than adequate. I suspect what happened at the Manufacturer's Cup was that the racers nor the cars were ready to go that fast. It's definitely different now.

The weather is beyond our control............remember Chicago. It could be up or down 20 degrees. He is in a new building with a new high efficiency HVAC system.

Milton

Viewing the track

Hi Milton,

Just to be clear, when you stand at the drivers panel you have a clear view of your car on all lanes? That there are not portions of the track that obscure your view of the car? I realize that you can loose you car for all kindsí reasons at Gaithersburg or Buena Park, what I have been told by several drivers it that there are sections of PA's track that obscure seeing the car during a lap. Is this observation correct?

Thanks,

Kenny
    K3
    Kustom Kolors by Kenny

PA's track:

Last edited by Chasegtp1590; 05-16-2007 at 06:45 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by K3 Slotworks
    Hi Milton,

Just to be clear, when you stand at the drivers panel you have a clear view of your car on all lanes? That there are not portions of the track that obscure your view of the car? I realize that you can loose you car for all kindsí reasons at Gaithersburg or Buena Park, what I have been told by several drivers it that there are sections of PA's track that obscure seeing the car during a lap. Is this observation correct?

Thanks,

Kenny
    by all means, lets not have the nats somewhere different!
    it's not always the one with the fastest car, but the one that refuses to lose R.E.

Just curious, who built PA's King? One more question. Is the yellow box in the infield a transformer from the locale power company???
    Last edited by SpaceCowboy; 05-16-2007 at 08:19 PM.
    Byron

USRA member #380013

"Pain Heals
    Chicks Dig Scars
    Glory Last Forever"

http://www.victorylaneraceway.com

Kenny, by design of the track, its one of a kind. That makes anything and everything about it different, and more even to all racers.

Temperature? Was it not hot in Chicago? and California is always hot. Does PA have a A/C unit that will handle it? I bet he does.

Race is no excuse for me. I had planned on attending, since i cant go to this years nats. Her being ther is just an added bonus

Besides, PA is one of the most successful wing racers of all time, I think he can handle a Nats, and to add to that, IMO, he DESERVES it.

Josh Bauer
    Boola Racing

Obscured Vision

Kenny,

Black in the deadman is likely what is being referred to. I don't remember it being a problem when racers are standing on a step or booster plus there does not seem to be a lot of crashing in that turn. Besides, with monitors in front of the driver's panel, I don't think racers look at there cars anyway.

Regarding the heat, I too thought about Chicago. Maybe it's time we considered moving the race to a cooler season. I thought we moved from Labor Day to August so racers with kids could bring the family. Now kids are in school by mid-August and some go all year long.

Milton

California is always hot.

California is always hot.

Josh, SoCal is not hot. Death Valley, yes, Barstow somewhat, Buena Park? NOT! You need to travel more son. George W will provide you with an all expense paid vocation in a little place that is hot in many descriptions of the word. Just visit your friendly Army Recruiter

PA does deserve to host the Nats, but then so does Doug at Port Jeff (no application for next year unfortunately as I would have voted for him) and Frank at Slot Car Raceway. Raceways deserving the Nats are not exclusive to one location.

Kenny
    K3
    Kustom Kolors by Kenny

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast