• Mike Swiss - Chicagoland Raceway

28 32.94%
  • P.A. Watson - Slotcars of Katy Raceway

48 56.47%
  • Frank Sarkella - Rhonert Park Raceway

9 10.59%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Location Preference for 2008 USRA Wing Car Nats

I was also wondering why Doug did not put in for the Nats. Pa's track looks killer though ........... ;-)
    Kevan Taylor
    Just another Camen racer in the Mid-Atlantic .......... Home to some of the world's greatest keyboard racers.

Question: Would PA's track be eligible for "world records"?
    ‎‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Wr.....

here we go again.............

Who cares if it is legal for world records......the nats have been on non king tracks in the past.....that does not make them not count for your glory. A nats win is a nats win. why not change it up some.
    [COLOR="Black"]TEAM ACES AND 8's http://f2000.us/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by M G Brown
    Question: Would PA's track be eligible for "world records"?
    That's a good question, because without a doubt every world record would be broken on that track.

I am a local racer here at PA's and I dont believe that the temp would be an issue unless you just cant handel the walk from the parking lot to inside. PA's location is excellent with plenty of hotels within 10 minutes or less and plenty of restraunts all around.

As far as the big yellow box, that is what houses the batteries.

One question got answered so I will ask this one again, who built PA's King?? Also why wouldn't his track be eligible for "world records"? Is it too short, to long, to swoopie or too bright????? Just thought I would ask.

One other thing I wanted to add it is a great looking track also.
    Last edited by SpaceCowboy; 05-17-2007 at 08:30 PM.
    Byron

USRA member #380013

"Pain Heals
    Chicks Dig Scars
    Glory Last Forever"

http://www.victorylaneraceway.com

PA needs to answer that question, but I think it's a Hasse .......... ;-)
    Kevan Taylor
    Just another Camen racer in the Mid-Atlantic .......... Home to some of the world's greatest keyboard racers.

Nats site

The only reason Port jeff cant bid on the nats is because its in the next reigon, A nats cant be held in a reigon next to the nats of that year, so if the nats go to chicago next year Dougie still cant bid on the nats, in order for him to bid, Pa`s track could get the nats next year then Dougie can bid, Seems stupid but it is what it is did you understand that one Kev? see ya soon buddy, hey you testin soon? ill be living at the track before the shootout, let me no J.D.
    When will you guys ever get your car to go around YFS

JD,
    If it went to us,Port Jeff certainly could bid. His region is not adjacent to us.
    The region with Indiana,Michigan & Ohio are clearly in between Illinois & New York.

Also there is virtually no way you can say a place can handle a Nat's crowd until it actually happens. Having A/C able to keep with 15 racers and 15 soldering irons going is not the same as 70 racers with 60 irons going and all those extra people going in and out the doors.
    Along with the extra irons & lights,each body puts out a certain amount of BTU's. I think Milton Gamble can quote how many.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Quote Originally Posted by swiss
    JD,
    If it went to us,Port Jeff certainly could bid. His region is not adjacent to us.
    The region with Indiana,Michigan & Ohio are clearly in between Illinois & New York.

Also there is virtually no way you can say a place can handle a Nat's crowd until it actually happens. Having A/C able to keep with 15 racers and 15 soldering irons going is not the same as 70 racers with 60 irons going and all those extra people going in and out the doors.
    Along with the extra irons & lights,each body puts out a certain amount of BTU's. I think Milton Gamble can quote how many.
    Yo JD, I'm afraid Mikey has you on that one, Doug's reason for not bidding had to be somethiong other than geographic location.

Mikey as far as not being able to estimate HVAC load.....using ASHRAE and ACCA documentation a "Heat Gain Survey" could be performed that will in fact tell all that needs to be known.
    Last edited by RomanK; 05-18-2007 at 07:14 AM.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Once again I stand corected, I thought Dougie wanted the nats but couldnt get them, Just looking after my big brother from the island, After all I did buy the Doug Baur vodo doll, (which already had many pin holes in it) lol prior to my buying it, The guy who sold it to me said it was worth 10 laps a race, so I have that going for me
    When will you guys ever get your car to go around YFS

Um, correction? Since Maryland has the nats this year, i think that basically says that PJ cant have it next year due to it being in the neighboring region, thus no Nats Bid.

Kenny, It DOES get hot in BP. & I'll leave it @ that....
    Boola Racing

Josh,
    JD was referring to Doug being able to bid in 2008 for the 2009 Nat's, not in 2007 for 2008.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

actually, i think he was talking about both?

Either way, PJ cant put in this year, but they can next year!
    Boola Racing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast