• Mike Swiss - Chicagoland Raceway

28 32.94%
  • P.A. Watson - Slotcars of Katy Raceway

48 56.47%
  • Frank Sarkella - Rhonert Park Raceway

9 10.59%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Location Preference for 2008 USRA Wing Car Nats

That what i said or tried to, you no i dont have a college degree or my masters yet to talk on this board, just 6 more years and well see, as of right now im just a Tow truck driver, and we all no what people think about that
    When will you guys ever get your car to go around YFS

A tow truck driver and one fast slot racer. When I go up to test, I,ll shoot ya a pm to let you know. See you soon J.D. ............. Kev ;-)
    Last edited by Tire Killer; 05-18-2007 at 09:48 AM.
    Kevan Taylor
    Just another Camen racer in the Mid-Atlantic .......... Home to some of the world's greatest keyboard racers.

I'd have to say anywhere you hold a nats race(short of a refridgerator) it could get hot.

Good reason to think of holding the races in the winter months?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Quit cryin and act like a MAN!!!

Geez Mark, now that would just be common sense wouldnt it? lol

I have often wondered why we dont, but i think it must have to do with xmas costs? Other then that, i can see no real harm in having it in December. But then again, some guys might not like snow!! LOL
    Boola Racing

Talking

Got Heat?

Oh, i do know another reason. I was talking to Gugu, and he mentioned it is far more expensive to travel to the States in the month of December, then any other time.. Maybe that has something to do with it? lol

And we're lacking a bit of heat right now! lol Great for the Worlds tho!
    Boola Racing

Tell Gugu

Bunk said "You Go Home!" He will understand

Tell gugu or Les to call my cell 717-222-9532

Winter is much longer then december around here ,oct-april atleast

Thumbs up Slot Cars of Katy all The WAY

Having raced on PA’s track for the Manufactures Cup, along with the rest of the Wing community I can say the track presents different challenges. Connie and I did quite well; Connie having TQ’d, won C12, I won & TQ’d G27, and Connie TQ’d (I was second TQ) and second place in Pro G7 race…we certainly found the track to be quite GOOD.

Reality is that many of the turns are obscured by the high banking; I don’t remember exactly what turns, certainly Black, Purple, Yellow in the “dead man”, the back shoot is partially obscured, part of the 90, and certain areas of the donut.

It took some getting used too, however; having run the warm-up race earlier in the week helped with the tracks challenges. The locals are not aware of the tracks “view” challenges as they have gotten used to driving it accordingly.

I found PA’s track to be VERY GOOD and have always wanted to go back for a big race. Having hounded PA for the last few years to bid for the Nat’s, we support him 110% on hosting the 2008 Nat’s. From what I have heard "NO one want’s to go back to Chicagoland", and unless Frank gets a new track, that leaves PA's as the logical choice.

I look forward to the 2008 Nat’s being held at PA’s track; I am sure PA will make sure the power, track and facilities are first rate as he has done before. I expect the track is in very good condition and able to host a Nat’s event.

Summer in Texas is no worse than any other part of the country; just my opinion….

Carlos.
    ACE Racing System
    Last edited by acecarlos; 05-24-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    “THE BEST TEAM WINS-ACE RACING SYSTEM”

Because someone is going to kick my A$$ cause it is 1:30 in the morning

Why do you do stuff like this

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos
    Having raced on PA’s track for the Manufactures Cup, along with the rest of the Wing community I can say the track presents different challenges. Connie and I did quite well; Connie having TQ’d, won C12, I won & TQ’d G27, and Connie TQ’d (I was second TQ) and second place in Pro G7 race…we certainly found the track to be quite GOOD.

Reality is that many of the turns are obscured by the high banking; I don’t remember exactly what turns, certainly Black, Purple, Yellow in the “dead man”, the back shoot is partially obscured, part of the 90, and certain areas of the donut.

It took some getting used too, however; having run the warm-up race earlier in the week helped with the tracks challenges. The locals are not aware of the tracks “view” challenges as they have gotten used to driving it accordingly.

I found PA’s track to be VERY GOOD and have always wanted to go back for a big race. Having hounded PA for the last few years to bid for the Nat’s, we support him 110% on hosting the 2008 Nat’s. From what I have heard "NO one want’s to go back to Chicagoland", and unless Frank gets a new track, Rhonert Park is not the top choice either being very familiar with BP’s old track and why it was sold...leaves PA's as the logical choice.

I look forward to the 2008 Nat’s being held at PA’s track; I am sure PA will make sure the power, track and facilities are first rate as he has done before. I expect the track is in very good condition and able to host a Nat’s event.

Summer in Texas is no worse than any other part of the country; just my opinion….

Carlos.
    ACE Racing System

I really wish you would not say things like "no one wants to go back to chicago". I have a lot of respect for PA and if he gets that NAT's I will be glad for him because as everyone has said he does deserve it. I would really like to know why you would say something like that when you know it is not completely true. The reality of this is that some people will want to go to one place and some will want to go to the other as reflected in this poll. If you don't have anything nice to say try to not say anything at all for a change.

Tony
    Geez cry a little louder so EVERYONE knows just what kind of woman you are!!!

Thumbs up Just My Opinion

Hey Big Guy:

I clearly said: From what I have heard "NO one want’s to go back to Chicagoland"…I did not say that was necessarily my opinion. One of the topics at the Worlds was the location of the 2008 Nat’s and you should know as well as I what was discussed and what was not. Ironically; members of the team you associate the most with from the top to the bottom of the chain made the statement publicly that I ONLY repeated.

I like Mike and wish him all the luck as a raceway owner, whom ever the vote goes to; PA, Mike or Frank, I will support it 110%; yet I personally feel PA is the better choice at this time and a Nat’s in the Texas area would be good for Wing racing and long overdue.

Remember: “just my opinion”…

Carlos.

Question Excuse Me

I guess everyone needs to re-read my original post; the statement is incased in “” quotation marks; I did not originally make the statement public, only quoted what was openly discussed…

Further; I clearly stated it is my opinion ONLY…

If a problem exists with the statement; go to the original source and ask why it was made public…don’t shoot the messenger for publicly stating what was expressed openly by others…

Carlos.

GUYS,
    Please don't make this a personal assult on each other. The poll is just that a poll. if you look at exit polls for elections GORE would be president back in 2000. Lets keep this a discusion of our own opinins and not make blanket statements on any of the tracks.
    [COLOR="Black"]TEAM ACES AND 8's http://f2000.us/[/url]

Because someone is going to kick my A$$ cause it is 1:30 in the morning

Ok 1st off

I really don't care who said what. I just don't understand why we have to post the negative all the time. All you had to do was not put that in and we would have been fine. Why would you even want to repeat that at all. Does it help you make any kind of positive point?? Just think a little bit how it makes you sound when you post some of the stuff that you do.

Later
    Tony
    Geez cry a little louder so EVERYONE knows just what kind of woman you are!!!

Thumbs up Point Taken

Big Guy:

I guess one's personal opinion is not allowed anymore; we have all become too sensitive to the truth and prefer to “sugar coat” reality for our own comfort.

Like I said many times before: “Just my opinion”

Enough said; see you in Maryland my friend…

Carlos.

Tony, Carlos was not the only one who heard that "NO one want’s to go back to Chicagoland"… I heard it several times....It is just an opinion that some people have openly said, and so be it.

Zip, A lot of non wing racers are voting on this as well, so of course the poll is not going to be accurate. But still, with a vote of nearly 2:1, that is a strong showing for PA, as most recent Nats votes were all very close.

Josh B.
    Boola Racing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast