Thread: Falcon 7 motor

Falcon 7 motor

Hi everyone,
    What's the trick to get thes Falcon 7's to run.
    Sure could use some help.
    Thanks
    Tommy

Gear them correctly

Apply 12-14 V DC power.

(boy that was easy)
    ‎‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Talking

hmm, here's some ideas!

1. Buy one!!
    2. Buy a second to support your Local Raceway!
    3. Put them in a car!!
    4. Get off this website and get to the track to try it out!
    5. Pull the trigger!!

Glad i could help

Josh B
    Boola Racing

details

What kind of car are you running it in? What size axle?What pitch gears? Type of track?

I've only ran one once,on our king track. Cheetah 7 chassis,3/32 axle ,11/39 64 pitch gears. I won the race with a fast time of 4.561 . That seemed fast for these motors.

Hope i've been of some help.

ENJOY!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Quit cryin and act like a MAN!!!

Depending on the track layout don't be afraid to try some really large pinions, even 12-13 tooth. The car will have poor brakes but (in some cases) the top end you gain is worth it.

And just as an asaide, most of the folks here are more than willing to give a straight answer to an honest question, you just have to wade through the chaf.
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but anything you catch comes home with you!

Lightbulb They were easily .3 quicker

during this weekend's Summer Runoffs at Slot Car Raceway, Rohnert Park, CA.....site of the upcoming 2008 USRA Scale Nationals and even sooner 2007 Pacific Coast Scale Championship. OK, end of shameless plug. We ran the new F7s with flexi chassis and JK Products GT bodies (Corvette, Maserati, Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc). The fastest FALCON FIVE I ever ran in practice with nobody on the track on the fastest lane was five seconds flat. During our race on Saturday, we ran FALCON SEVENS and were all running 4.8s DURING THE RACE with 8 cars on the track. Yeah, it could be gearing, but guys were running a wide assortment of gear ratios. I ran 13:44 with 72 pitch. Came in 2nd half a lap behind with three minute heats. That's even racing.

Thumbs up Falcon 7's

Thanks for the reply. So what your saying is the 7's are a little faster.
    John

A little = yes, a considerable amount

This may sound crazy, but one person I know mentioned that breaking the motor in a bit seems to help.

Seriously.

Durl

Arrow Well, the buzz

at the race this weekend was, A LOT faster and A LOT more consistent. Many of our racers were getting tired of the guy who got the one fast Falcon 5 and cleaned everybody's clock with it for six weeks. We found the Falcon 7s to be much more even this weekend.