Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday August 4 Spec 15

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track

Wow what a ride

My Grandson Jordan K called me on Friday night with "Paw Paw, can I race tomorrow"...How could I say no....so off to build a Spec 15 car I went. Couple of hours later I got some test laps and it felt pretty good with that Hi-Speed Venom off the wall premount. Note to James Grinstead , I read tech sheets

We got lucky with our first motor, not so lucky with #2 and #3 both felt like they were balanced using "Dull Deer Antler Technology" Oh well, maybe better luck next time.

Lucky motor #1 was so good that the youngster had built up a large lead in the semi and as I was thinking I should pull that mill and save it for the main, wham, he raced a guy into the turn and got the motor knocked out. Fell from 1st to 5th and we had to leave the fast mill in so he could make the move-up. He just squeaked in with 2 laps over 5th place.

Special note of thanks to Bill Fulmer, I saw and appreciate you being a gentleman while next to a younger less experienced driver.

In the main, we started with one of the other mills (it didn't get any better while sitting on the power supply) and had to put ole #1 back for the 2nd heat. It didn't take that little $hit more than a heat or 2 to get back out front and there was Luca ( Gugu's kid), Alan (from Tx), and Aaron chism (from Mechanicsville) right there with him. He held a multi lap lead until the motor started going south in the 7th heat. Luca passed him in the 7th and it was all he could do to hold Alan off in the 8th heat for a 2nd place finish. Wow, I was exhausted. This was only his 4th race ever and what a fun race it was.

I remember standing next to Gugu as we watched our young racers duke it out and I suspect the radiating pride was almost too much for naked eyes.

Thank-you to all the racers that participate in this class, to the USRA for having it, and to the Mfg's that help make it happen. This was the only time I touched a slotcar during the Nats but it made my whole Nats experience worthwhile.
    Last edited by RomanK; 08-16-2007 at 01:04 PM.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Congrats to Baby Gu

I think we better start worring about this little guy. I know his poppa will always be handing him a good car. Won't be long before Baby Gu is yelling at his poppa to us his game in the pits.
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

spec motors

Thanks to who ever supplied the motors. In the same respect had they been run or tested. All 3 motors i got would only go 3.0+(well maybe a little faster but not near as fast as every body else) stacks rubbing the mags on all 3. I think spec motors should be run then throw out the fastest 2 or 3 and the slowest 2 or 3. Seems it would make a better race. Thanks MERRELL TODD aka; CRY BABY

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RomanK
    Special note of thanks to Bill Fulmer, I saw and appreciate you being a gentleman while next to a younger less experienced driver.

I remember standing next to Gugu as we watched our young racers duke it out and I suspect the radiating pride was almost too much for naked eyes.

Roman,thanks for the kind words. Yes you and Gugu looked like cats that ate the proverbial canaries. Bill
    Remember the lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12