Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What about a NASCAR Car of Tomorrow for slot racing?

What about a NASCAR Car of Tomorrow for slot racing?

I did go play with my tennis racquets, and haven't checked back in here all week. You spent three days going crazy. So, what is it about my ideas that is so controversial?

Since NASCAR has come out with a European style NASCAR called Car of Tomorrow, why don't we come out with a Eurosport NASCAR with a splitter on the front and a wing on the rear? The front splitter and functional rear wing would allow you to adjust the length of the body like you do with a wing car, for smoother and better handling.

My mother said if I only want the best and can't accept mediocrity I will have to accept 0. I wrote a letter about that to her just now. We are Southern and rich, so Daddy is what we call our Dads.

She doesn't believe Daddy has millions.

I said, in 1983 Daddy announced he had 1 million dollars. The market was at 1500. In a few years the market was at 4500 so the 1 million had grown to 3 million. In 1993 the market was at 8000. The one million had grown to 5 million when he retired. He had been making $250,000 a year in his job. Daddy was making twice as much money in the stock market as he was by working. You can only know he has it if you technically figure out what the stock market has done. The market has never grown that much.

I had a battle to fight with the slot car people who wanted to be petty and average, and run junk. I could have used some of that 5 million to convert junk American slot car racing to a high class international hobby.

Instead, I lost everything including an 18 year old girl I could have married, who is now 33. I'm 56. Having her would be hot right now. I lost it because I wanted the best slot cars. But the industry felt threatened by better cars. Regular people who were not part of the slotcar gang just wanted the best practical cars they could buy. My ideas were the most marketable. The ideas we pursued were only for the small group slot car enthusiasts who were mostly all losers in life. We had a very appealing hobby to offer the world if we had spent some money, and ignored the slot car enthusiasts

I fought that battle and lost everything, when Daddy had millions in reserve. He was just watching it grow, believing everyone earns their own way and good will overcome evil. No. Evil overcomes good, when good has nothing.

The reason I went to see my parents in Van Wyck the other night was because my new Malibu looked good when I had some tire black applied to the tires. I just got a job and could afford a new car, but didn't tell my parents about it for two months. I paid a guy to put tire black on the tires. He was detailing my boss's car. I asked him how much. He said $10. I said, “Hey! That’s a lot.” but I gave it to him to do my tires.

As a result, I went to see my parents and then wrote about the whole experience.

I said to the detail guy: “The tires look good. What kind of tire black do you use?” He said I couldn’t buy it at the store but he could get me a gallon for $28. He told me Don, my boss wanted some too. I said, “Great, bring me a gallon for $28 and me and Don will probably split it, $14 each.” I told Don the guy had charged me $10 but it looked good and I got a gallon for $28. We could split it for $14 each. My boss said, "I’m not going to do that. I can buy that stuff at a warehouse on Woodlawn behind IHOP.

Don had lost some respect for me. The next day Don asked me to get dinner, so I did and paid $23.44. We both got the same thing and I asked him to give me $11. Asking for $11.75 would have been awkward and asking for $12 was too much. But the whole experience had proven to Don I was lax about money and wouldn't fight for every last nickel. At the end of the day when he paid me for stringing racquets Don said he had already paid me the $11 for dinner, when he hadn't. He took me for an easy mark who would give a guy $10 to do tire black, so he cheated me out of $11.

And now I'm off until Monday, which is not good. Guys respect you if you stand up for your petty rights. And you could lose everything if you don't, not just the $5 you let the guy overcharge you, and the $18 you lost because you were trying to be accommodating. But your boss wouldn't spend the extra money because he knew where to get a gallon from the supplier, and no one was going to overcharge him a nickel.

But the whole Bible is about not thinking that way. God promises to take care of His Own and give money to people who aren't petty, aren't prideful, who are accommodating.

I was supposed to follow the Devil and be mediocre in how I managed my track, not demanding a high quality car. Yet, slot car racing died even though other shops were enthusiastically following mediocrity and scrounging for every dollar, like I was supposed to.

I was the only person who could have saved slot racing in Charlotte. Why didn’t God give me tens of thousands to fight the evil.

God did, by giving my Daddy millions.

But my father agrees with "guy morality" where you scrounge for every dollar and don't give anything away for free. The Iranian president, who I used to think was the Anti-Christ made the same complaint I make to all rich people in America including my father. We are not using our wealth and power in a loving way that increases the quality of life. We are only glorifying ourselves, and trying to dominate people while keeping them down.

I lost an 18 year old girl that I could have married. I lost my business when he had 5 million to transform slot car racing. What happened was bad. He has 9 million now that has grown from the original 1 million in 1983. He had other money coming in, so he never to had to spend any of that money. He makes everyone believe the money doesn't exist. That is the money God gave me so I would not have to live by guy morality, but do good things.

Let's create a high class scale car because NASCAR themselves have done that, and this serious car would cost about $13,000 less per year to race than a wing car. Unlike cheap scale cars, it would have the same feel as a wing car. You can fine tune the guide length, the body length. The center of gravity will be lower due to strap motors. You can buy power that will last three races. It's the slot car every non-enthusiast customer wants.

And now, NASCAR is running a high quality European style race car designed by Roger Penske, so we are almost obligated to make it for slot racing, but it's so controversial. Why?

WTF?????????

Leave the Daddy, Tire Black, Tennis, Millions, ex bosses and ex wife's to be to another forum, somewhere else.

Please?????
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

Y A W N

The name said it all.

And let us not forget

the farting dog, the live in that left him, the balance patent etc, etc.
    Oh... and the rocket science !
    " A little less whining and a little more driving should cure the problem "
    Ronald R. Van Wagnen

I feel like I am on the subway at 2:00Am with a nut.

Exclamation The last time I *tried* to read incoherant ramblings like this....

.... never mind....

I can make more sense out of "Teen Spirt" lyrics....
    All machines are amplifiers.

Secret identity?

This probably isn't a new deduction but somehow I goofed and read the post. Does John Cauthen live?

-----Jack

a malato

an albino... a mosqitoe and a beetle

yah!

I realized after I wrote that, what kind of response it would get, but Old Weird Herald is "Slot cars and the meaning of life." So I'm on subject for OWH. It is slot cars and the meaning of life.

I can now make money in a job doing what I do best, but in last three days I started to lose credibility because I gave a guy $10 to apply tire black. It was because I violated guy morality, which says you have to be tough and greedy, dominate, and always look out for yourself. By being nice and accommodating, I probably lost a very large amount of money.

It's not fair. How can the world overcome Guy Morality?

Guy morality respects a winner. Guy morality despises someone who is submissive to a higher power.

We are fighting a war on terror, which is specifically designed to rid the world of people who are submissive to a higher power. Islam means submission. We want to replace them with good Americans who are greedy, self-centered, who just look out for themselves following guy morality.

But although it appears all Americans follow guy morality, a vast amount of people quietly don't. Slot car racing was a hobby everyone loved in the 1960's where nerdy guys who were submissive to the laws of the universe could dominate.

How did that happen? It was because the cars were cheap to race and they were open class. There were no rules except the laws of the universe. Then, the submissive guys who weren't supposed to succeed socially, dominated!

But like in our war on terror, the hobby sought to get rid of the situation that allowed those guys to dominate. The hobby created lots of rules. Now the way to win is to cheat. That is acceptable in guy morality. The ones who lie and cheat their way through life could stay on top in slot racing.

But the hobby died when those people could dominate. And they can dominate. It's harder for the guys who are submissive to the pure laws of the universe to succeed because we don't have a cheap open class. You have to lie and cheat to win, or spend $15,000 to race an open car.

So I spend $27,000 to build a track, and I want to introduce a cheap open car. All hell breaks out against me. It's because guys are protecting guy morality. I can't believe it. These people aren't that smart. How could they know a cheap open car threatens guy morality?

Anyway, I'm saying since NASCAR has gone to a sophisticated race car with a wing and a splitter, slot racing should come out with a more sophisticated NASCAR that is exactly the same car I've been talking about all these years.

The cheap open car allows the nerdy guy who is submissive to the laws of the universe to come in and kick butt.

No. You have have not been calling for a cheap NASCAR. You actually have wanted to run some type of hot rod thing with a a diaplane on the front of it (see your avatar) and the front axle way out over the guide. The car of tomorrow is nothing like what you wanted.

Secondly NASCAR, from my limited knowledge, is the equivalent of spec racing. This is even more true with the new cars. You on the other hand seem to be very opposed to regulations. In fact, you just rambled on about it and how regulations mean nerds can't win.

I don't mind crazy, in fact I enjoy reading it, but I hate watching you contradict yourself. I think you should truly figure out what you want to see in a car and quit contradicting yourself. Keep posting though because I love reading your insane ramblings.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by oldchiguy
    This probably isn't a new deduction but somehow I goofed and read the post. Does John Cauthen live?

-----Jack

One and the same,or should we say the one and only.
    Remember the lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

how about you get this going then see how many loosers show up because that is what you are looking for and then you can be KING of the loosers.
    [COLOR="Black"]TEAM ACES AND 8's http://f2000.us/[/url]

You are saying NASCAR is a spec racer, so to build a Car of Tomorrow that is like open slot cars from the 'sixties would be wrong. You say what we need is a spec-racer blob with a molded-in wing on a Flexi chassis with a 16D motor, which is the same old same old.

I invented Pro Wire 12. The idea was to have an open wing car with low cost parts. The problem was it easily handled all the power you could possibly give it. And now Box 12 is the same as Pro Wire 12, and it has the same problem. Insiders make X-12 motors that can push a Box 12 to about 2.2 seconds but those motors are way out of the normal speed range from what you can buy off the shelf. Average people can't buy or assemble a Box 12 and be anywhere close to competitive with pros.

After inventing Pro Wire 12 and then seeing the problem, I said there were two solutions. One is to up the voltage and create a 22 volt C-Can motor that has awful power. Then you can race open wing cars with cheap parts. You can buy off the shelf parts for $120 that are capable of 2.2, if you learn to set it up, glue the track, and drive it.

That's the wing car average people want to buy and race. I had said more volts on Zippity's board when I first posted as Crazy Moron a long time ago. And then I read where people in Europe supported the fact if you want to go fast, a fast motor will run more dependably and longer if you have more track voltage.

But we have a "rule" that says you must run on no more than 14 or 16 volts. That rule forces the industry to build very expensive motors that have a short life in order to achieve the power an open wing car can handle. That limit we impose on open wing cars doubles or even triples the cost of racing open wing cars. A 22 volt cobalt motor would dependably deliver more power than an open wing car can handle. Then, anyone could buy an open wing car, and they have the power to beat any pro.

The other solution is to use a 16 volt volt cobalt motor and reduce downforce fairly. Reducing downforce so everyone has equal downforce is the trick.

We could build a car with a rear wing in many styles, and if a body isn't selling because it isn't fast enough, the track owner can mandate a larger rear wing for that body. The track owner can constantly adjust rear wing size to sell the bodies that aren't selling. So now you can have 30 to 50 body styles that all have equal performance.

The problem with my idea was always: "NASCARs don't have wings".

Now NASCARs have wings.

We can create a cheap open class with low downforce by adjusting rear wing size to sell what isn't selling. Every body style will have equal performance. That is the trick in low downforce open racing.

In the 'sixties, as long as we raced Can Am Lolas, we had slot car nirvana. A special pro hobby had been born that never existed before or since. Philippe de Lespenay destroyed it by introducing downforce, driving the same cars from 4.4 performance to 3.4. It was downforce that affected how fast you could go.

Now we need perfectly equalized downforce in many body styles. That is possible now that NASCARs have rear wings. We can achieve slot car nirvana again with a car that resembles a NASCAR.

Those 'sixties cars did have long noses. That was a handling requirement.

When do people finally say enough is enough.I have been reading these threads and have not said anything.I have been runniog slots with my kid now for about 2 years.I ahve been on this forum for about a 1 1/2. I came upon the forum by accident.I read now the different threads and all people want to do is bash other people.Is this what the hobby has come to.The funny part about it is it is always the same people.

If it wasn't for spec racing I would not have gotten started.We run Sealed motors,1/8 inch axles,we enen go as far as saying you have to run a nine tooth pinion.What it comes down to is what spur you want to run.We run on a 55 ft tri-oval and it has a sharp 180 turn on one end.This type of racing has helped my kid stay competitive with all others.And in fact he one one of these races about a month ago.AM I a nerd no.

I don't understand what people see in wing cars.But to me that is their choice.I do see wing racers helping others.I see scale racers being just as helpful.A lot a times you don't even have to ask.To me this is what should happen.Sometimes just a little help is what will make a difference in keeping people in this hobby.It helps keep them competive and this is what we need.

We don't need fancy cars.Though we do need rules.I think the rules in place are there for a reason.I do see people tryingt to make these cars,even the low end cars faster,which I think is not right because it come down to a pocketbook race.I think we all need to take one step back take a deep breath and take a look at the way the hobby is going and say how can I fix the hobby.And not how we can fix someone else.People are people they all have their ways.If you stop fuleing thier fire maybe they can see what they are doing.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast