+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte Raceway and Hobbies

Smile Charlotte Raceway and Hobbies

796 Concord Parkway North
    Concord, NC 28027
    704-782-2800

This raceway is run by Dan Jimenez and his wife Debbie and their partner Bill Chiasson. Take exit 58A off I85 toward Monroe. It is on the left side just past the Lowe's store behind Day Lee auto on hwy29. They have 3 tracks, a Chris Dadd's 155ft pinched King, the scorpion from Chicago and an Engleman of approx 200 ft from Texas I believe. Coming soon is a 1/4 mile drag strip. They also carry NASCAR collectibles and will have an outdoor offroad R/C track in operation soon and will be stocking R/C cars, boats and I believe planes.
    Tuesday will be the first day of operation with the Grand opening to follow soon.All you racers and x-racers need to come out and look him over as this is a great facility. Pictures will follow as I recieve them. David Stox

Last edited by SST; 10-26-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Sweet new track(s) close to home...

Welcome!

Looking forward to racing there! Have added your track to my track listings on my web site.
    Roger Cleveland
    Vice President
    Mid South USRA

http://slotman21.tripod.com/

Charlotte Raceway and Hobbies

I went over 10/21/07, they were open for practice, King track is running. I ran my old Bush cars with Deathstar motors. Track, Building, parking, and most inportant the people are very nice! Wish them the best of luck!!!!!

Barry

The Blue King and Purple Scorpian tracks were formally at my Raceworld Raceway in McHenry , Illinois. The King hosted the 2006 Formula 2000 spray glue wingcar Nats. Lots of power available on it. The donut and top turn are pretty flat...everything else has a GOOD pitch to it.

The Purple track was made as a rental/party track....and works very good for that. We also had a LOT of fun on it with WOMPs, FCRs, and most any less than GT-12 class scale car. The lower level and donut turns are basically flat to +10 degree of banking. The top turn is maybe +20 deg and the Bank is more.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

50 year pin 1959-2009
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2009 member 0028
    retired raceway owner(for now)
    Omni/Cidex service center

yes we did have fun on those tracks larry it was sort of sad to see them go but I think some plans may be coming together to go out there next year sometime
    Robbie S and S Racing

It's called a turn not a curved striaght away

I have corrected the first post to include Bill Chiasson who is Dan and Debbie's partner and to correctly spell DEBBIE. She just informed me that the engleman is almost ready and should be finished by early next week. If you haven't stopped by do yourself a favor and drop in and say Hello.

new pictures

Thumbs up Wow.........

I WISH.......Man-o-man HAS ANYBODY GOT A SPARE BEDROOM WITH SLOTCAR GARAGE ATTACHED.........I'LL MOVE TOMORROW..............

It looks like a winner...Just wish where I move to next would have a track setup like what you have.

BEST OF LUCK,
    PHIL I.

Thumbs up What a great track

Man What a set-up. Why can't something like this come to the Tidewater area of Virginia............................
    Buzzard

That is a nice facility ........ When is the first wing-car race and what kind of power is on the King? ........... Kev ;-)
    Kevan Taylor
    Just another Camen racer in the Mid-Atlantic .......... Home to some of the world's greatest keyboard racers.

Exclamation Charlotte Track

Tired to call to find out their race schedule. No answer and their mail box is full.
    Anyone know when they are open and their schedule.

It's a 4 1/2 hour drive for us so were're not going till we can find out.

Buzzard

Kev the king has a 90amp bulldog and 1 8D battery at present. No wing races scheduled yet. They will be upgrading to 2-90amp supplies and 2-8D batteries and maybe some power relays. Buzzard, try calling aroud 8:00 pm most nights. They are racing some Group10 and 4 1/5 scale at present. Also a wing flexi with chinese s16d's on Friday.

Thanks for the info Dave ......... wing cars on the Engleman could be cool ........ talk to ya soon ........... Kev :-)
    Kevan Taylor
    Just another Camen racer in the Mid-Atlantic .......... Home to some of the world's greatest keyboard racers.

Mid South USRA race

There is a Mid South USRA race scheduled @ CR&H on May 8-9.
    Roger Cleveland
    Vice President
    Mid South USRA

http://slotman21.tripod.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast