Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Favorite Flexi Chassis - Why?

When i first started racing flexis at the track that i was racing at in the 1980s we all used the Parma Flexi 1.When we got Champion chassis in stock i ran the Turbo Flex for sprint races and the Champion Astro for enduros.The current JK flexi chassis are my favourites though.
    Tony Anderson

The rules of the New Zealand controlling body (NZSCA), restrict the chassis that we race in our mainstay classes - namely Falcon LMP, S16D Saloon and S16D GTP, to the Champion Turbo Flex Chassis only.

Oh how I would love to be able to race the JK Cheetah chassis, but that is another story
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

It'll never happen Zip. Apparently people with $700 controllers, $600 tyre truers, $600 com lathes, $1000's worth of tools, and running multiple $150 motors in $150 chassis' can't afford the $30 to change a couple chassis over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    listen, study, spy, try, research, invent

So true

Is there anyway we can set a pole on this thread with the different flex-chassis. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-7 View Post
    Is there anyway we can set a pole on this thread with the different flex-chassis. Thanks.
    Not a bad idea! That would be interesting to see what people are running these days!

But can't do it in this thread - since this is an existing thread. You must check a box to create a poll when creating a new thread.

Best bet is to make a poll in the "Poll Position" forum, and then place a link here in this thread.

I'm a bit out of the loop on current Flexi chassis being used... but if racers could post a list of all the current Flexi chassis being used, then I can create a poll thread and link it here.

Paul K @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Im new to this slot car racing. A couple of weeks in? Sorry I dont know all the classis to include. I do know that all the racers here are running the Champion chassis. Me just starting out makes me wander about other chassis? But I wont have any help? JK chassis is what the Track owner is sellng. And I do want to support him. Thanks for the post.

The JK c21 is comparable in style to the Champion, but lighter and much easier to drive right out of the box. The TFlex(Champion) requires a fair amount of set up to make it handle to its optimum. ALOT of racers are stuck on this chassis....... they have been around for a long time.
    Alan Ingram

Any of the JK chassis are great, and it often comes down to the tracks rules... The Cheetah 7, 11, 21, 24 and 25 in 4" and 7 and now 21 in 4.5". Justin almost exclusively runs the x25 chassis for banked and flat track, and prefers the "2-piece" chassis to the "3-piece" chassis. For 4.5", he runs the Cheetah 7 chassis, although will likely switch to the new 21 chassis next season. The Cheetah 21 is a great chassis if "non-drop through" is a requirement for the motor. These chassis handle great and take a lot of abuse!

As for non-JK chassis, the Turbo-flex is still a great chassis. In 4.5", at times, it is a better option than the JK chassis, depending on track condition. It is slightly heavier, but not by much. It's usually not as good as the Cheetah 7 on flat tracks, although we've gotten both to go really good on flat tracks.

Recently, Justin's been playing around with "older" chassis with some pretty good results (And some quite comical!) A few months ago, he built a Mosetti Titan chassis, and that thing is wicked fast on our flatt MTT track when the traction is good. Not so much when the track is loose. A couple weeks ago, he built an RJR Storm chassis. That thing is a rocket! Crushed the his old track record by 4 laps with it, and it had more in it... But... Don't breath on it. It will bend! So, probably not the best choice for most people to race...

I think a lot of it depends on your driving style too... There are some people that simply don't like the Cheetah 7's handling, compared to the Turbo-flex. I think the Cheetah 7 is "snappier"; it can be driven harder, faster, but is less forgiving. The Turbo-flex is more forgiving. You can drive it hard and it won't "surprise" you suddenly. Or, at least those are my observations and the feedback I get from Justin...
    Michael Colvin

Hey Mike, its pretty cool y'all found an old RJR Storm. I still have a couple in what I call my chassis grave (collection).

They were a fast chassi. But like you said, better not breath on it nevertheless sneeze on it. Might not want to stare at it to long either. Ha-ha.
    KellyRacing

Viper sold the Storm for awhile after Jerry bought out RJR.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

Our track actually has several in the back room... All brand new old stock... Since some of these chassis come from an era that we weren't around to partake in, he's getting to experience some of the "history" of slot cars now. It gives him a chance to play around with setting up the various cars too, which I think will help him tune his current cars better...
    Michael Colvin

Poll is up in the Poll Position Section. Sorry if I miss your favorite chassis in the poll. Just add it to the post thread. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12