Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BarnBurner 2003

BarnBurner 2003

Who's coming?

From Finland there are two nutheads coming.
    Gugu also told me he would attend.

See you, Antti

I really wanna go. So if I go, Harter, Acello, Burger will most likely be there.... Maybe even Greco will go...
    Slik' - | E-Mail: SlikerJr@Rochester.rr.com | AIM: BlaqHole99

Websites:
    -TimMcCreadie.com
    -PitPaint.com
    <br><br>Visit PitStopRacewayAndHobby.com!

OOO Yea... When is it?
    Slik' - | E-Mail: SlikerJr@Rochester.rr.com | AIM: BlaqHole99

Websites:
    -TimMcCreadie.com
    -PitPaint.com
    <br><br>Visit PitStopRacewayAndHobby.com!

Always the last weekend in Feb., which would make it 2/19 through 2/23. I bet Doug will run a schedule like the NENATS, with the addition of maybe E24 ?
    PK

maybe the race should be re-named
    the erkle driving experience - erkle was the man at the ne nats!

and of course the catch phrase would be : are you experienced

Talking Team DQ

heard last night that Team DQ, from Slots-a-Lot is comin' back for more!:

Angry Thats not funny Flash!!!!!!

Those guys are great racers, I do not blame them for what their chassis builder did. They all drove great!!!!!!! My apologies to Derek, Chef and Zach for not catching it in pre-tech rather then post tech!!!

LOL (don't get Bent)

Bent.......there were no hard feelings expressed last night and non were meant to be conveyed in my post......had hoped the smilely faces would have made the point......PJ runs the best racing program for the best racers..........today I ordered the tee shirts for the Barnburner.........black with a huge DQ on them.......if you want one let me know....
    Last edited by Flash24; 10-31-2002 at 08:29 PM.

The unfortunate part of all this is that the G12 rules are vague, poorly written and create multiple interpretations depending on who is enforcing them. The static bracing as used was legal last year and this year it isn't. The written rule hasn't changed only how tech has chosen to enforce it. So that before we blame the builder too much for this problem, we need to look at the rule and how it is written and enforced. It seems as though the USRA is tightening the screws down on G12 and what is an acceptable interpretation of the rules. Thats fine except when you are incapable of actually finding out what is legal and isn't by reading the rules. This situation is a perfect example of that. One last point on this topic is that if the rules are going to be interpreted this way then it is essential that a thorough tech, before the race, is needed. The culpret here is not the tech inspector, the race director, the racer or the builder, its the poorly written rules.
    PK

As of course my DQ was hard as it took a long time to beat ET's record and I did it in the best fashon. I will be back for the Barnburner for retibution. I will still be running my usual program and NOTHING WILL BE ILLEGAL. My goal is two in a row and to get the record.
    DDDDDDerek
    USRA Div. 1 Assistant Tech Director
    You know that fat kid who lost weight

The World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway

Honey Badger Does'nt Give A Sh*t, It Does What It Wants!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up

You go, D-man....

Thumbs up oh yea!

Good for you Derek

Slots-A-Lot Will Be There

The whole slots a lot gang will be there. It ell Be

Joe SSS,DDDerek,Kenny P,Chef,Zach,(Mark S, if am box is on a sunday.)

And Probaly many more.....

joe SSS

Exclamation Ill Be there

Ille there wit the slots alot gang.......as long as i can do god in school......lol
    NiCk C.

I'll be there too !

I hope Derek does win the Barn Burner! He is a great kid and it killed me to DQ him. Get ready for a long pre tech on all gp12 cars this year.
    Paul, I do not think you can Blame the USRA on this one. The braces in Question were not allowed at the 2001 nats and most of those guys knew it! They had to remove them then. The problem that has come up is the NE Nats and the Barn Burner are running the same rules as the nats. The comment that came up was "this is not a USRA sanctioned event" while that is true. What rules am I supposed to go by? Either we follow the rules or we don't. Who decides what rules to follow and what rules we don't?
    I am not trying to be nit picky! If he lost his driver or a front wheel during the race, I would not DQ anyone. Motor and Chassis infractions can not be allowed.
    My conversation with Chris G before I went on vacation, he was accusing me of DQing a Slot A lot boy, to give one of my own the win. I think everyone knows I would never do that! I have DQed my own guys in the past. (Remember JP, he took 4lane stickers off the car, on his way to tech and came up light)
    The relationship between PJ and Slots a lot has always been very close and I'm sure it will continue!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast