Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barn Burner Feb 18th-23rd

Aiport?

Doug,

what airport is the best to fly into, and the closest so maybe one of you generous long islanders could pick me up?????

I think I am going to fly into Islip...its is very close to the track
    Chilli

Trolling the boards and fanning the flames once again...at least for a day or two.

Islip is very close

If you can fly into Islip, if for some reason we can't get you, airport shuttle is very cheap.

doug,
    with these gp10's...how many laps should we be expecting to have to do to make the main?

Depends?

How clean the heats are! I would think between 205- 210.

Just bought my ticket

Yo Les!!

I'll be getting into Islip at 12:48 on Delta friday afternoon

the flight is coming from Cinci at 10:45 incase you wanted to try to make the same flight

Leavin monday at 1:15 in the afternoon and heading back through Cinci

I just looked on Orbitz that same flight would cost about $283
    Last edited by Slotracer152; 01-28-2003 at 12:32 PM.
    Chilli

Trolling the boards and fanning the flames once again...at least for a day or two.

Lightbulb Time to bring this to the top.

So who's coming?

Les and I are coming into Islip around 1 on friday...not sure if we have a ride or not though

les?
    Chilli

Lemme know a few days in advance, I'm not racing that day and will be happy to pick you and Les up at MacArthur.

I am racing Cobalt 12 and International 15, Jaeger is coming home late Sat. night and will race 27 and 7 on Sun , followed by an early drive back to school on Mon morning, he will probably be a little tired in class on Mon. LOL.
    PK

Thumbs up Jeagermeister

Life is full of these small sacrifices Paul.....lol.

Besides, I think racing 27s and Opens at this race will be an education in itself and if he wins, he can buy his own books for a while.

Last edited by weedracer; 02-08-2003 at 03:39 PM.

Books?

No way!!! That's skateboard and soda money! Maybe some new CD's or speaker money! Books are what you buy with Paul's money. I will talk to the kid at the race, make sure he understands. I think he will listen to me on this one!

Day?

What day is everybody planning on arriving??

International Terrorist En Route to Barnburner

Republished from The Oregonian, Feb 9, 2003:

It has been disclosed from internal sources that the international slot car terrorist known as "Old Weird Herald" has been rumoured to be heading to an upcoming gathering described as "The Barnburner", scheduled for Feb. 18-22 somewhere on Long Island, NY. Upon further inquiries as to the nature of the event, it was described as "a bunch of grown-ups who play with toy cars".

Due to the immense international tension surrounding "Old Weird Herald", it is understood that he now travels with a heavily armed entourage of personal body guards.

"OWH", as the online slot car publication is refered to among the cult-like following of slot car racing fanatics who follow the online publication, is reported to be attending the Barnburner to provide what was refered to as "Almost Live" coverage of the event. It is not known, however, how the international slot car media will be recieving or reacting to the Old Weird Herald coverage of the event, due to a recently published boycott of the OWH web site, as well as it's reported lack of faith in the credibility of the American online publication's journalistic integrity.

OWH's recent appearances include "Almost Dead" coverage of the Pacific NW AMCA racing, the Portland "Beaverfest" Warm-up Race, in Portland, OR, and the HO Slot Car event known as "The Fray in Ferndale" in Ferndale, Calif.

OWH was last seen this weekend apparently in charge of a jammed-packed slot car raceway called "Raceway USA" in Portland, Oregon, entertaining Cub Scout Troops, hosting birthday parties, and race directing weekly races for even more of these "grown-ups (and kids) who play with toy cars".

Paul "OWH" Kassens could not be reached online for further comments, as he was reportly last seen leaving the bustling raceway headed out for "Suds, pizza, and Beaver hunting", headed somewhere in the direction of Beaverton, Oregon. Witnesses recently reported having spotted his van in the vicinity of "Wankers Corner", just a few miles from Beaverton.

Authorities and slot racers on Long Island have been warned of "OWH's" appearance, reportedly to be arriving at Islip McArthur airport sometime Thursday Feb 20. Local Long Island night clubs will also be staked out in anticipation of his arrival, as he is reported to also be celebrating his birthday, and has been rumoured to occassionally frequent such establishments.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't think I want to know what Wankers Corner is

but judging by the second photo...I think I know who I am partying with on Long Island
    Last edited by Slotracer152; 02-10-2003 at 01:22 AM.
    Chilli

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast