Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Ready For The Worlds

Getting Ready For The Worlds

Lee, getting ready for the worlds I know our 1/32 Formula Ones have to be painted realistically, and the 1/32 Eurosport is pretty much the same as what we run here in The States, but that 1/24 Eurosport body is REALLY WEIRD Do we set up our cars for this body the same way we do here in the USA? The Red Fox Audi R10 we've been running lately looks like a school bus compared to the body for The Worlds!!! Oh, and the other thing is the narrow .800" rear tires instead of the nice big .900" we run here. Seems like we'd have the slippy slideys.

ISRA Worlds Race

George,

Yes, when we race in ISRA (Europe) we have to race in their back yard under their rules. The cars we are racing today (1/24th and 1/32) have been developed for the European rules. All we do here is mount the USRA (new) R10 on and bolt on some 900s and away we go.

After running the USRA R10 you will not like the ISRA R10. It is a lot shorter and more radical making a lessor handling car more critical to set up. We (you, Herman and I) will be testing in Chicago next week so you will see what I mean.

Even though I haven't tested the new 1/32 R10 it looks like a smaller version of the USRA R10 so it should work quite well.
    Last edited by Speedshop; 07-12-2008 at 12:57 AM.

I painted the ISRA Audi R10 yesterday....seems like there's something missing....like about an inch in length! Man, that thing is short, but still resembles the USRA R10 we've been running. The spoiler is a lot different. Well, I'll mount it up when we get to Chicago tomorrow, put a set of 800 tires and give it a try on the Midwest Monster. See ya there!

Thumbs down are you coming?

Lee and Greg

Are you guys coming to the Worlds? Won't be the same without you!! I dont see your names on the entry list.

I'm about to do a preview article for SCRN in the UK and would love to give you guys a mention.

Regards

Pat (I'm the guy who interviewed Greg when he was eating an apple in Slovakia!)

Quote Originally Posted by fxgeorge
    Lee, getting ready for the worlds I know our 1/32 Formula Ones have to be painted realistically, and the 1/32 Eurosport is pretty much the same as what we run here in The States, but that 1/24 Eurosport body is REALLY WEIRD Do we set up our cars for this body the same way we do here in the USA? The Red Fox Audi R10 we've been running lately looks like a school bus compared to the body for The Worlds!!! Oh, and the other thing is the narrow .800" rear tires instead of the nice big .900" we run here. Seems like we'd have the slippy slideys.
    Eurosport 24.
    Leave a vertical 1 m.m line in the front.
    Rear height of the body is teched on a block with recess for the rear wheels. You don't therefore have to think about the tire size when you mount the body.

Good luck.

http://www.isra-slot.com/
    ------------------------------------------
    4.4 Eurosport 1/24

4.4.1 Dimensions

A recessed tech block (guide and rear wheels) is used when measuring the car dimensions except ground clearance.

Car

Max height at rear wing 35.0

Max width excluding body pins and tape 83.0

Min vertical edge at front 1.0

Min ground clearance under rear axle and between rear tires 0.8

Wheels and axles

Max rear tire width 20.7

Min rear tire diameter 15.0

Min front wheel diameter 12.7

Min front wheel width 0.8

Min front wheel track 72.0

Chassis
    Max length; centres of rear axle and guide pivot hole 125.0

George the track is being built..

For entrant list go to the web site: http://www.isra2008.com/index.html

George for you heres the compleate 24 page ISRA international Rulebook in PDF form: http://www.isra-slot.com/ISRA%20rulebook%202008.pdf

I believe thes are the team USA so far....sign up is ending very soon so this may be it....so if your going George do so now....

15 Gawronski Paul USA y 2008-02-18 18:37:16
    201 Verdo Peter USA y 2008-01-01 11:41:00
    207 Schmitt Roger USA y 2008-03-11 00:05:42
    209 Bugenis William USA y 2008-04-19 18:27:09
    210 Stahl Mike USA y 2008-04-22 10:05:09
    212 Bishop Ray USA y 2008-05-10 08:45:13

Last edited by Slapshot; 08-13-2008 at 04:26 AM.

The ISRA 2008 track

The track is brand new. It is so new that the organizers hasn't even seen it.

They, the organizer, will get the track this Sunday and I hope that I will be able to take som pictures. If I can't do that I think that Brian Saunders or some of his fellow countrymen will do take some photos.

The weekend after this there will be a warm-up race on the track. The isra2008 web site has more info on that.

/Lasse

Yeah, I know, I started the thread "getting ready for the worlds". Circumstances revolving around a daughter's wedding next November in, get this, Rwanda requires saving my vacation time as I also plan to head down to South Africa....it'll be about a 4 week trip. It came down to deciding between The Worlds this year, or the USRA Scale Nats in May 2009. The Nats won that particular contest. Not my year for The Worlds, but maybe Finland! By the way, your track looks INCREDIBLE. Have a great time guys! Oh, one more thing, I never saw Greg Gilbert eat an apple, but I have seen him devour a large hamburger at Mikes At The Crossroads.
    Last edited by fxgeorge; 08-13-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Going to the Worlds

It doesn't look like I will be able to make the ISRA Worlds this year. I am working on a new business and can not take the time off. I also don't think Greg will be able to make it for the same reason. Herman James should be there along with Paul Garwronski so there will be a couple of top American racers racing. Both Greg and I hate to miss the number 1 race in the world but sometimes it can't be helped. Good luck to everybody racing the 2008 ISRA Worlds in October.

Thumbs down speed shop set ups

hi Lee
    I'm sorry you cant make the Worlds. You and Greg will be missed.

Have you used your single mag set up with 23/25 in 24 esport as well as 32nd?

I would ask the same question of Woody?

Regards

Pat

Worlds Motors

Hi Pat,

Yes we use the same 23/25 motors in both 1/24th and 1/32 cars. On the 1/32s we use a little more choke.

Hi Lee

Thanks for that. Just purchased one from D Harvey. What brush springs do you use?

For all you yanks coming to the worlds an image of the track has been posted on www.bscra.co.uk. Click on "whats new" The image was too big to post here.

Regards

Pat

This it?

Last edited by Zippity; 08-19-2008 at 02:42 AM.

Ron: Thats the view from New Zealand...

Heres the view from Seattle

then the east coast

then again back to NZ

The track will be built by Lars Harrysson
    Lap Length: 50 metres
    Direction: Right to left past drivers
    Braid Recess: Approx. 0.6mm
    Power Supplies: 8 x 40 amp Rapid Electronics units, 13.0v
    Power hook up: 4mm banana plug and British 3 amp plug
    Lane centres 110 mm, to outside wall 150 mm, inside wall minimum 90 mm, side walls 38 mm high
    Last edited by Slapshot; 08-19-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Very nice. I love the banana shaped driver's panel "straight".
    I also don't think guys have to worry about their cars getting
    damaged hitting the walls.
    Unless it's an optical illusion,they don't appear to be very tall.
    Maybe it was built that way for better visibility?
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast