Thread: C Can magnets

C Can magnets

Lee I would like to hear what is your choice of C can magnet for G12 wing and G12 euor's for King and road courses and why.

Which Mags?

Gill,

We don't race wing cars so I don't have any info or you. We race the lower C Can classes as warmup races for Euros and don't spend a lot of time on motors. Right now I like Koford C can mags for both Contenders and 12s. They seem to give more power than Pro Slots and that's what you need in the C can classes. You need to ask Greg Gilbert this question because he had the C Can power at the Flat Track Worlds. Are you there Greg?

Let me tell ya, after racing with Greg last weekend, I can vouch for what Lee says...the guy is an incredible C Can builder. Hopefully he'll share some info with us! I did notice what appears to be a Cahoza can in his magic shoppe. Personally, I agree with Lee on the Koford magnets, they provide excellent horsepower. I've got them in both the three screw and the four screw Kelly cans and honed to 535 for the 518 arms, and 550 for the 540 arms. Both seem to work well for me. Gill, you ask why, and that's a very good question. All I can say is, I have done a lot of testing with various magnets: Kamen, Cahoza, Mura, Pro Slot...and I found the Kofords to be the way to go for me personally.

So Far....

My best results recently have been with the new Kofords and the Cahoza T-5s.

My Indy car actually used the old Brazillian Kelly magnets and my B-Production had the newest Kamens. I have also had great results with the first and second generation Kamen magnets.

The Cahoza motors in the cars Jim Hugger and I raced both had T-5s and were both built by Bill Brown at BOW to my specs. Bill also built my 1/32 Euro motor used at the Scale nats(2nd) and the AFTW (1st).

The C-can that won GT-12 in three USRA Scale Nats in a row, 04,05,06 used ProSlot Mega 3s.

I'd say for wing cars, Cahoza or Koford.

Greg G.
    How Sweet It Is!!!!!