Thread: Power supply

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Power supply

Does any body knows were I can buy Rivergate 75 amps power supplies and 1 ohms capacitor for a King track

Eagle Distributing carries Rivergate.
    www.eagledist.com

Big Caps

I did a lot of searching, & the best buys I found were China Imports on Ebay. They are made for car audio systems, but they work good on slot tracks. I have 9 farads on each lane of my drag strip & 4 farads on my hillclimb. Many have a built-in digital voltmeter. You should be able to get one for well under $100.

What size is the max. motor (opens on down) are you going to run? We're going to run 27's here on down to Falcons. Pete at Crawley Dist. has been the best for me when it comes to info on power & programming. He's helped me threw this whole process combining both. Also Steve Oligive & Gary Gerding - ask the guys that build them. Roman has been helpful too. Pete has been instrumental in the SRT part of it - what we need, etc. We're going to run 27's on down on our Hillclimb - we're using (2) 90 amp power supplies w/ a 1 Farad cap. This is not per/lane. Just one can. Just a top flow thing. Pete at Crawley has a website where you can get the right cap. for around $34 plus shipping. Just ask him. Go to Rivergate yourself. David Hitt is full of information. http://www.rivergatedist.com/PowerSupply.htm . You'll get into trouble if you run more than (2) 1 farad caps.There's no such thing as a dumb question. Ask before you act or you will end up paying for it. Almost made that mistake.
    Last edited by ctw327; 09-10-2008 at 04:03 AM.
    ctw327
    "Retrofied"

I thank you all for your replies, things are more clear