Thread: front end height..!?

front end height..!?

What would you recomend height on a track that isnt perfectly built? It seams that the depth of the slot verrys a little and the recessed area also has a little difference and the joints were pressed 2 hard when assembled so there is humps at all the joints!! I havent raced at all this year and dont have the time to do a lot of testing because the track is soo far away! Thanks
    2nd place is the first looser!

Wow, a Question

It's been so long I don't know if I can remember how to answer a question!

There is not too much you can do about track humps except figure out how high they are and set your car up high enough to clear them. If the chassis rubs some on the tops don't worry unless it launches. Set your car as low as possible for handling. If the slots are routed uneven you might have to trim off the bottom of your guide flag. We once raced on a track the had a shallow slot coming in to the deadman on black and if you didn't trim a little off your guide blade you had no brakes.

Wow, I found the Lee Gilbert section on Old Weird Herald buried in the Tech section. I'd wondered where things got moved to. That's kind of strange, it'll take some time to get used to this new hidden format.

Buried Alive!

Yes George for some reason Paul have buried everyone in the Tech section that few people read. I guess Paul feels that everyone knows all they need to know about slot racing.

Don't worry guys - my intention was not to bury or hide the tech Tips or "Ask the Experts" forums!

I'm working on upgrading the forums, and with the new forum features, it will be much more organized to include the Expert forums within the Tech Tips, but they will show from the main page.

I may have gotten ahead of myself a bit - but I wanted to do a bit of organizing and maintenance before doing the upgrade.

I did not mean to make it harder to find the Expert forums at all - hopefully once I get the new format it will be much nicer and easy to find everything - as well as adding many new features.

Lee - there's only 1 person that professes to know all they need to know about slot racing - and I'm not setting up another special "Expert" forum just because they post a lot!

Sorry for the confusion - but please be patient, and I am hopeful it will be well worth the effort.

PK @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Paul I told you many times....I am not doing a Hockey Tech Tips Forum....zippo...nata

Raymond