+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Head Light and Brake Light kits for Cars???

Talking Head Light and Brake Light kits for Cars???

I asked this question sometime ago and when I ran some of the suppliers they weren't selling them any more. Others were in the $30+ range which is a little high to ask my customers to buy.

So here it is again and any help would be great! We are racing GT1 Sports cars and I wanted to do four of our races with Head Lights and also brake lights if they wanted that.

Could someone recommend a good kit for 1/24 scale GT1 cars at 14.2 volts with a link? Around $20.00 would be great if possible.

Thank you very much!!!

Nothing that I know of in 1/24 but Slot.It has a 1/32 lighting kit that could be adapted.

Overdrive Slotservice offers lighting components but you would have to figure out how to install them on your cars.
    ‎‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs 1955-2011

kits available through Slick

Slick 7 makes a kit for this. I will post part # later today.
    Raceway of Tommorrow
    Home of The 2010 Divison 2 Scale NATS
    Home of The 2011 Division 1 NATS

Part #'s

Slick Headlight Set SL7-SS0009 Retail 2.98
    Slick Headlight Kit w/ Resistor's SL7-SS0015 Retail 3.25
    Chick's Hobbiz will be glad to order these if you can't get them 804-798-2298
    Raceway of Tommorrow
    Home of The 2010 Divison 2 Scale NATS
    Home of The 2011 Division 1 NATS

Has anyone used the slot-it kit and if so which one and how does it compare?

I'm thinking that the Slick 7 setup doesn't have a cap to keep the lights on when car deslots?

Any other kits out there better than slot-it please let me know.

Thank you!!!

Slot.It Light Kits

The Slot.It Headlight & Tail Light Kit with Brakes works great!

Not only do they feature working brake lights - but the lights stay on for about 15-20 seconds if you crash - which really helps the turn marshals to find the crashed car in dark enduro racing!

Team OWH used it to take 1st place in the 2007 "Dix Heures de Rapid Raceway" and 2nd place in 2008 - in the annual 1/24 hard body Enduro in Portland Oregon.

We use them in our 1/32 scale enduro series all the time here at 132 Slot Car Raceway in Tacoma WA with great success.

The wires are just long enough to fit the Porsche 962 1/24 body - and they feature a plug between the lights and circuit board so that you can easily unplug to remove the body to work on the chassis if needed.

We have them in stock here at www.132slotcar.us :

SISP06 Lighting Kit with brakes (Base & Lights) - $24.99

The components are also available separately for replacements.

We also have some of the Slick 7 light kits and components in stock - but not listed online yet. I have not tried them yet myself - but have heard they work very good also.

Paul K @ OWH
    and also at:
    sales@132slotcar.us
    www.132slotcar.us
    1-888-774-3227
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 01-16-2009 at 05:30 AM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Power source

Paul,

Do they work on track power only, battery cells or some combination of both?

Any suggestions for having the lights installed on a 1/24 body...what do you do to keep them in place and not get destroyed in case of a crash

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cya later racer
    Paul,

Do they work on track power only, battery cells or some combination of both?

Any suggestions for having the lights installed on a 1/24 body...what do you do to keep them in place and not get destroyed in case of a crash

Thanks.
    They run off of the track power, but they have a capacitor that stores some power so they stay on for about 15-20 seconds after you crash or stop.

We use Shoo Goo for all kinds of body & chassis gluing and/or reinforcing.

Shoo Goo is great for gluing in the lights, because it is flexible like silicone, yet can be peeled off if needed to replace lights.

Not only is it flexible, making it great for reinforcing or repairing hard bodies, wings, etc. -but it is much easier to use the hot glue, that requires a hot glue gun (and also melts when it gets hot).

You can buy Shoo Goo in department stores where they have all the other household glues, super glue, etc.

PK
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Much cheaper and easier

We do some 24hr races over this side of the pond, where during the night section the cars are required to have lights. They are required to stay on when the car deslots.

You need:

2 white led's
    2 Red leds's
    1 or 2 calculator or camera batteries
    some very thin, light wire.
    Velcro to attach the battery to the chassis.

Simply make up a simple ring with the lights, and tape them into the body. The battery lasts for about 24hrs!

This has very little to go wrong in a crash, and it is very light. We ran as fast in pitch black (the room lights are all switched off) at 3am, as we did at during the day section.

Night racing, great fun. Enjoy.

Visual

Bslotcar,

Can you post a picture of what your setup looks like? What do you use for the ring?

Thanks.

couldnt find the camera

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights.gif
Views:	378
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	5264Here you go. very light (Ha ha!) and simple.

Slot it kit

I have the slot it kit in my scratch built hardbody 962 porsche. and I love it. I believe its actually a small rechargable battery that holds the lights on for a few minutes and not a capacitor but thats not really an important detail. All that mattters is that it works and that the ilghts are very bright. The functional break lights is a trip and a awsome to watch if your not the one driving the car.

If I can i will try and make a short video the next time i am at the track. Wont be the greatest quality but it will give an idea of what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex"Ace"Molle
    I have the slot it kit in my scratch built hardbody 962 porsche. and I love it. I believe its actually a small rechargable battery that holds the lights on for a few minutes and not a capacitor but thats not really an important detail. All that mattters is that it works and that the ilghts are very bright. The functional break lights is a trip and a awsome to watch if your not the one driving the car.

If I can i will try and make a short video the next time i am at the track. Wont be the greatest quality but it will give an idea of what it looks like.

Still waiting on that video please. Would like to see it in action.

Slot car lights

Hello,
    I did a very simple circuit that works fine.
    IŽll send pics later.
    Renato
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	slot car brake li&.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	7266  

Lightbulb Home made lights

Here's my way to see the light :-)
    with just under 3g a very light setup

More pictures of parts and assemblies at https://picasaweb.google.com/gabe.in...etThereBeLight

My Ford GT light kit with flaming pipes:

-g

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast