Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dorkiest 4-inch body alive!

I have heard it through the grapevine that any discontinued body from JK or Parma can be made if you get the whole batch - like 50 shells - or so. The molds are on the shelf....

I have to get into the storage locker, but I should have some of almost any of JK bodies from a few years ago. I touched the box with the sedans the other day....
    Last edited by Ramcatlarry; 03-27-2009 at 09:34 AM.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Quote Originally Posted by backintheslot
    Yep, I have the yellow one. Faux dualie rear tires too. But, Surprisingly they handle pretty good for a big Ole brick!

Why go faux?

bits,

Check out this truck chassis!

CMF3 comes up with some very interesting setups.

We've have gotten together on a few occasions and I have seen this up close and personal.

It's pretty cool!

Talk about unique!
    Florida Slotter, aka Marty Stanley,
    A "Double 60's" Slot Racer
    Killer X Raceways Team Racer

Guys, these are all great ideas. Thanks.

One of the salient points, though, is that I don't want to commission 50 or 20 or 10 bodies from anyone, as then they'd only be available from me or one track. This needs to be easy for anyone who wants to race.

Order the body from your track. Paint it up real cool. Pop it on your 16-d flexi. Have fun. I don't want anyone to have to buy or build a whole new car for one silly race.

Still, keep 'em comin'

Since no one makes a Gremlin...

You may be able to get some Toytech Cheetahs (coupe and roadster) out there from your distributors (lets face it, few track owners, the real sick ones, are going stock this stuff; thank god for the sick ones!). While not wholly ugly, its downforce (as in none) would level the playing field. I think you can still find Toytech Cadzillas and Batmobiles too, but who knows how many...

(... now if only we could get them to bring back the Pacer )

Rick

Shame nobody has a minivan or better yet a Prius, you could hold a Soccer Mom 500.
    Improving performance one hazardous material at a time.

any COT car
    [COLOR="Black"]TEAM ACES AND 8's http://f2000.us/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDee
    Shame nobody has a minivan or better yet a Prius, you could hold a Soccer Mom 500.
    Years ago, I came up with two ideas for crackpot enduros, posted 'em up on here and got minimal response. With the "coming out of the woodwork" of a few of you guys, I repeat them here for your contemplation.

1. SUBURBAN NIGHTMARE

- Cars run an agreed upon chassis/motor configuration with Volvo station wagon bodies.

- At tech, each driver is given a painted plastic interior, a small plastic baby and two strips of 1" by 1/4" masking tape.

- While the tech supervisor observes (to insure no cheating, sadly), the driver then uses the tape to secure the baby in the rear of the interior, then secures the interior in the car in the normal fashion (using however much tape, staples, etc. driver prefers).

- If at anytime during the race the baby becomes loose in the interior, car is pulled, racer is docked 25 laps, and must re-secure the baby in the interior under the watchful eye of the tech marshall (again, with the cheating).

- Extra laps are awarded for best costume. 25 - first place, 10 - second, 5 - third.

- The local soft rock or classic rock station should be playing on the sound system at all times.

2. DEATH ON THE INTERSTATE

In this Enduro of two-driver teams, each runs a 4.5" balanced 16D SuperTruck and a Volkswagen Womp. This race should take place on a high-speed, banked track.

- Trucks are run on the Purple set. VWs run on the white set.

- Nerfing is acceptable behavior, as is parking on the bank. Actually, it is preferred behavior, as the point is to get the most laps at the expense of other drivers. Strategy on the curves becomes more important than speed, handling or longetivity.

- Extra laps are awarded for best costumes. 25 - first place, 10 - second, 5 - third. One team member should look like a serious truck driver, the other should look like a college student/hippie.

- Classic trucker/pre-80's country music should be playing on the sound system at all times.

- Large bowls containing a mix of equal parts uwrapped No-Doz™ and Sominex™ tablets should be on the counter at tech, and while not mandatory, eating a fistful at check-in is understood to be "in the spirit of the race".

Enjoy.

Durl

P.S. At least ONE of the rules in #2 will be a part of this year's Durl's Enduro.
    Last edited by Big Ol' Durl; 04-02-2009 at 04:16 PM.

The verdict is in!

By somewhat popular demand the body has been chosen for this year's Durl's Enduro 5 and the winner is:

Champion Vintage Modifieds

BackintheSlot and FlSlotter, as the instigator and facilitator of the winning body, you are entitled to the following prizes:

BITS: Your entry fee is comped (should you choose to enter), plus a race poster (once its done) and some free interiors (because I just know you don't have enough of those damn things)

FLSLTR: Same deal. Send me your mailing address.

My thanks to all of you for your great suggestions.

Now, does anybody know where I can get some hi-res photos of real vintage modifieds in action? Nobody around here seems to race them.

BTW, the date for the race is Sunday, October 25th. Hope you all can make it. For info on past Enduros, check this out!
    Last edited by Big Ol' Durl; 04-20-2009 at 08:55 AM.

What the *@!$ , my eyes hurt, you mean Vintage Mortifieds.
    Can I build a "proxy car" and send it in
    Guy Middleton
    Everything I was taught in Engineering school I had already learned from slot cars....

Quote Originally Posted by MentalKase
    What the *@!$ , my eyes hurt, you mean Vintage Mortifieds.
    Can I build a "proxy car" and send it in
    Proxy cars are ALWAYS welcome, and there are plenty of drivers hanging around on race day, who couldn't get a ride together.

Let the healing begin.

Durl, Thank you! Since I work a rotating shift and my schedule is printed out a year in advance, I can tell you that the day of this years event is a 12hr work day for me.

However, I may be able to attend as it gives me plenty of time to manipulate the system.

If I can find a suitable partner, I will gladly give you a run for your money in the am/ad division!

Should be a hole pant load O'Fun!
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12