View Poll Results: TIME TO CHANGE USRA SCALE NATIONALS?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron's Proposal as Quoted

16 24.62%
  • Ron's Proposal with some changes

47 72.31%
  • Stay with the current program

2 3.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Usra Scale Division - Time For Change?

I'd say reason 3 might be

It's new or atleast different.

In any case the USRA could learn from the others growth. IMO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Quit cryin and act like a MAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mark g
    Just look at how IRRA/D3 have taken off over the last 2 years, look at the attendance at various "National type" events . What was it 60+ can am cars in Ohio and there wasn't even a National title on the line.

The USRA hasn't grown and less raceways if any are running USRA rules weekly in the same time period. How many raceways run IRRA or D3 weekly?

Not sure if you noticed, but not everyone in Ohio was retro and there were (from what I saw) alot of past USRA racers there.
    Well the USRA doesn't seem to be too concerned as to why they have lost racers.

Yearly rule changes that obsolete previous years equipment, lack of communication to the members, escalating costs to stay competitive, escalating costs to attend events that get longer and longer over the years is what is killing USRA racing and keeping it from growing.

Factor in that racers are the one making and voting in the rules changes not taking into consideration what it will do to the rest of the industry is another reason.

Like you mentioned about former USRA racers now racing retro versus USRA, the reasons above I have mentioned above. These former racers got fed up with the constant changes that only cost them more money to stay competitive and attend events. Retro is much simpler and less money spent to go and have fun.

You have to ask yourself why 60 racers would show up for a event that there is nothing to win except a trophy versus a National event that pays out something other than a trophy. They could have went to a USRA event, but that would have cost them much more money to do so. That's one reason why they are racing retro these days.

When was the last time a USRA class had 60 entries in one class??? It had to be in the mid 90's the last time that happened and it declines more and more every year since.

Not knocking the USRA...just pointing out why less and less attend these days.

The USRA has to cut costs for their competitors if they expect to grow in the future.
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 06-03-2009 at 11:33 AM.
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

Just a quick update on this poll, in case you haven't checked. So far NOBODY wants to keep USRA Scale as is. About 1/3 would go with Ron's proposal as stated, the other 2/3 plus go with Ron, but with some changes.

72.22% to be exact so far.

Ron is a very knowledgeable person in today's slot racing.

72.22% to be exact so far.

Ron is a very knowledgeable person in today's slot racing.
    LOL knowledge and common sense doesn't get you far these days.
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hershman
    LOL knowledge and common sense doesn't get you far these days.

That's because no one understands

I couldn't resist.

I don't think anyone's bitchin and moaning Zip. I read it as simple discussion. Which as i've stated before is how grown adults reach resolution
    with out discussion/communication I believe the whole world would fall apart

So let's keep the positive discussion going. If you race slot cars and are a potential USRA racer. You should voice your opinion! It would seem the USRA is open to positive change and positive opinion. If we don't speak up, how would anyone know what people are willing to show up for.

Mark
    Maybe a bad choice of words on my part, but you get the message.

Each and every year there is a "fuss" Can't you guys get your act together?

Grown men playing with silly little toy electric cars
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

I agree, but ya gotta admitt ,we are seeing much more positive comments /imput from everyone then in the past.

either resolve or the End is just around the corner.

I have to agree with Zippity (Ron). It seems a shame that just prior to every Nats there is this type of both posative and negative bantering. It is a blackmail (or forcing an issue in progress) if done at the last minute or the week before.

Everyone had a whole year prior to bring up these points but didn't why is that? A lot of good changes could have been submitted many month prior but wern't. Submitting these idea early gives members a chance to review them calmly and think of the reprocussions involved in the actions that are being contimplated.

The big thing that has really failed. I should see (more of) enforced is membership. The membership should be pursued at beginning of the year, with dues. Better yet at the conclution of the Scale/Wing Nats prior to the next year beginning. Then enact rules from the base membership, but only that membership then reviewed by the BOD. Ideas are out there but to encact rule you have to have a solid core of active mebership base to support the "club".

Raymond
    Last edited by Slapshot; 05-28-2009 at 07:35 PM.

I think the reason that this discussion comes up just before the Nats is because racers take a real hard look at the Nats schedule and wonder how they are going to prepare a program for all those classes in time.
    ‎‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Maybe the USRA needs to learn how to use this info that comes up each year instead of discounting it as a bunch of guys that don't come racing anyway.

We aren't there for a reason!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot
    Everyone had a whole year prior to bring up these points but didn't why is that? A lot of good changes could have been submitted many month prior but wern't. Submitting these idea early gives members a chance to review them calmly and think of the reprocussions involved in the actions that are being contimplated.
    A good point, but why expect the members to adhere to a timetable that is regularly disregarded by USRA administration after USRA administration?

And while I'm on about the administration (and before anyone even THINKS about trotting out the "be happy anyone volunteers for office" argument) please consider the number of past and present problems caused by the abject failure of those elected or appointed to act on time and in accordance with existing by-laws and/or rules.
    Peter N. Varlan

Why couldn't this new organization be ISRA?

If folks are unhappy with the current USRA forms of scale racing, while not just adopt ISRA USA rules and race procedures? They seem to work and would unify two groups that are highly interested in promoting scale racing.

-Jeff
    Last edited by JayGee; 05-29-2009 at 12:45 PM.
    JayGee Racing Controllers - 24 Bands of Bliss
    www.jaygeeracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee
    If folks are unhappy with the current USRA forms of scale racing, while not just adopt ISRA USA rules and race procedures? They seem to work and would unify two groups that are highly interested in promoting scale racing.

-Jeff
    It's my impression that the ISRA's US regions do not observe the same rules and that many classes are raced on a regional basis that are not contested at the ISRA world championships (not a bad thing, btw).

Please enlighten me if I'm wrong on this.
    Peter N. Varlan

ISRA/USA Does race more classes then ISRA/world.

They(ISRA/USA) even have a few falcon classes, just not a 1/24th flexi falcon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast