View Poll Results: Posts in color

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should eliminate the option (Black is best)

4 12.90%
  • Don't care

18 58.06%
  • Not as bad as all CAPS, but still annoying

6 19.35%
  • All posts should be in color

3 9.68%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who finds posts typed in color annoying?

I am all for having OWH be as "handicap accessible" as possible, but yet I do not believe in making things SO convenient for a minority, that they wind up being TOO restrictive for the majority.

While the raceways could be sure that Martin Gramann and others in wheelchairs could make it around the track, Martin Gramann also was able to not only race, but to be a European and USRA Champion because HE also went out of HIS way and adapted to overcome HIS handicap.

The "click" relay was developed for Martin, so he was the first to have a 25 foot long controller extension that enabled him to drive from across the track without losing power. And Martin used a wood board notched for the trigger to push the controller against to drive.

While many may have helped to make it so Martin could race, Martin excelled because HE also went out of his way to find solutions to his obstacles.

I am only using Martin as an example, because he was already brought up, and did make a great example for my point as well.

I think restricting colors and fonts would be a bit like restricting everyone to run the same body color on the track. It is up to you if you want to run a black body or fluorescent red body so you can see it, but should you require everyone else to run fluorescent colors as well, to accommodate you???

Should ALL the parking spaces or bathroom stalls be handicap only, or just enough to accommodate those who need it???

The answer then is to know the tricks to use on your computer and your browser that will enable you to read the information easier, wherever it is and however it is typed. Even if I changed the default font & color on OWH, you would still have problems reading other web sites unless they also changed.

The first step is simply to set your display options on your PC to a larger resolution, so the type is LARGER... then the colors can be over-written on your browser options as described previously.

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself" - Rick Nelson, Garden Party

PK @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Chicago,IL Just waiting to get back to the Beach!
    Paul, you grossly misunderstood my post. I never alluded to that you should change anything for my benefit. I have changed the resolution. I retired as a computer engineer, so I do know a little bit about them. I stated very plainly if I can read the posts I do, If I can not then I skip them. Again if you have not experienced disability , you do not understand it.

I understood you perfectly - no problem... I did not mean to offend you.

I was belaboring the point for the benefit of others who may not understand your view or mine... or just because I do tend to belabor points.

Sometimes, I'm just making feeble attempts to lighten the mood, and other times I just tend to get on a soapbox or don my schoolyard teacher cap.

I've experienced some things that may be considered a disability (including being a bit dense at times), but perhaps not the same disabilities as you or others. There are many things I do not understand... but I do try.

The "until you've walked a mile in my shoes..." analogy just doesn't have the same impact, if used by a guy in a wheelchair.

(again - a childish attempt to lighten the mood... not meant to belittle anyone's handicap)

PK @ OWH - (maturity challenged)
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 08-25-2009 at 11:51 AM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Chicago,IL Just waiting to get back to the Beach!

Talking

Track!!!!!

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but anything you catch comes home with you!

I would like to see some in 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Aubin 3 sixteen
    A woman in New Zealand... fired... for typing IN ALL CAPITALS AND BOLD RED TYPE???

She didn't by chance work for Zippity, did she???
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

PC gone mad

I LIKE BOLD OFFENSIVE COLORS AND FONT MYSELF>>>>>>geesh

OR LIKETHIS EVERY WORD IS ANOTHERSIZEFONT COLOR
    All machines are amplifiers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123