View Poll Results: Posts in color

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should eliminate the option (Black is best)

4 12.90%
  • Don't care

18 58.06%
  • Not as bad as all CAPS, but still annoying

6 19.35%
  • All posts should be in color

3 9.68%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who finds posts typed in color annoying?

Shoot them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mark g
    Maybe Jim has trouble with seeing Black and white? Maybe that's why he posts in color? personally I'd like to see Jim post in more color

I can't read the yellow!
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 08-25-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Chicago,IL Just waiting to get back to the Beach!
    My vision is not what it used to be. Color is extremely hard for me to read. I usually just skip them. If I ever race again it will have to be real slow cars! Maybe rental cars with restrictor plates!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scale Series
    You guys are *******S.
    For the love of god... I am very sympathetic to anyone with a handicapped. I know from personal expericence when i spend almost a year not being able to walk from an accident. But you can believe this i didn't spend my time feeling sorry for myself or trying to decide how the world should change to accommodate me. You just learn to do things in a different way, so in your case Scale since you have a vision problem seeing certain colors why not just spend 5 seconds Copy and Paste the text to a text document on your desk top........ then its a black text. But instead of just solving the problem you have, you feel the need to ask everyone who uses a color to stop in order to accommodate you. I am not trying to be insensitive but if the only problem you have in life is not being able to see certain colors then look around at people who have very serious handicaps an consider yourself lucky.
    Rick

That's why I paint my cars in bright Fluro colours

Getting older is a real bummer sometimes.

To be honest I find posts in light colors to be somewhere between difficult and impossible to read, not just here but in general. I'm sure it is a function of my age and failing eyesight, but I am also quite certain that no one really cares that I find it difficult
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but anything you catch comes home with you!

Change the way you see the world....
    In Explorer:
    Override website font and color settings
    If you want to have the fonts and colors you specify in Internet Explorer to be used for all websites, regardless of the fonts that have been set by the website designer, follow these steps.

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    On the General tab, click Accessibility.
    Select the Ignore colors specified on webpages, Ignore font styles specified on webpages, and Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check boxes, and then click OK twice.
    In Firefox:
    Tools>Options>Content>Colors...check use System Colors, uncheck Allow pages to use their own colors.
    How hard is that?
    "I don't think I'm ever more 'aware' than I am right after I hit my thumb with a hammer." -- Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Hey Scale Series

Maybe instead of practcing a little more on red, you should practice a little more on Green.

Ron
    JK

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity
    Shoot them!!!
    Hear, hear!
    Peter N. Varlan

JimHT,

So you're expecting logic to win over emotion?

Pretty cool!

If I don't like a post for whatever reason, I just don't read it.

There is a word.

They're is a word.

Their is a word.

All have completely different meanings, spellings and should be used in different ways. No one complains about that, so why worry about colors?

Sheesh!
    Florida Slotter, aka Marty Stanley,
    A "Double 60's" Slot Racer
    Killer X Raceways Team Racer

I would have to say that those complaining about some font colors being hard to read have a valid point...

But I also am of the belief that I prefer to not keep adding rules or restrictions that restrict people's creativity or preferences.

I get complaints if I am too strict, but also get complaints if I allow too much freedom - damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I guess my feeling is that it is OK to suggest or request changing to a more readable color if having trouble reading someone's posts, but it is up to them if they don't care if some people can't read their words of wisdom due to font color.

I'm not thrilled about the concept of being called a Nazi forum owner because of not allowing anyone to type in green.

But please.... again... it is not OK to start name calling and fighting over it.

Nobody needs to be accused of "discriminating" over the "visually impaired" by using too gay of a color when typing about their toy cars on a forum.

For those who truly do have declining eyesight issues, then the posts suggesting browser settings to override the colors is a possible positive solution that could help for all web browsing.

Let's keep it in perspective, folks....

PK @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now you are bringing "sexuality" into the debate over font colours - sheeesh!!!

I use color from time to time. When I do it is to catch the eye because I think it may be of some relavence.You may not but I do. There is no need in beoching about color, just a simple could you please use the default settings and repost for me and most people will turn off the colors. And Thanx Zip[ for pointing out I can't sphell......
    [COLOR="Black"]TEAM ACES AND 8's http://f2000.us/[/url]

Personally I would much rather have people post in whatever color they want to post in. Having the information here is a much better alternative then not having the information here.

I consider myself capable of taking any of the information - in whatever format / color / font / etc they works for them and moving it to what I consider proper for my usage.

It would probably be quicker to do that then spend the time complaining. I do understand different people have different priorities.
    Florida Slotter, aka Marty Stanley,
    A "Double 60's" Slot Racer
    Killer X Raceways Team Racer

Chicago,IL Just waiting to get back to the Beach!
    Until you have walked a mile in my shoes you can not understand my limitations. Being almost blind and 100% disabled but still enjoying reading OWH the best that I can, is one of my few pleasures left. I can't race any more. But I still enjoy the hobby/sport/business of Slot Car Racing. From the 60s until I die I will always be a slot racer and track owner at heart. So if someone has to be cutesy and post in a color that I can't read then I just don't read it and may miss an important or interesting bit of information. Then so be it. Everyone is not as able as you may be and a wise person considers that. Just the same as making our raceways handicap accessible. Would you cut off a percentage of your potential customers because they can not access your facility? One of the best racers I ever saw was Martin Grahmann at Jerry's Grand Raceway many years ago. Severely handicapped , in a wheelchair, with an attendant...but he raced his a$$ off. Just my opinion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast