Thread: Attention: Race Announcement Guidelines

Exclamation Attention: Race Announcement Guidelines

RACE ANNOUNCEMENT GUIDELINES

Please remember to post all the "WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, & WHY" info in the top post of every race announcement thread.

Just like a standard "Press Release"

THREAD TITLE: RACE EVENT TITLE - DATE

Body of Thread:

Make the following info BOLD:

Raceway / club / facility name
    Address
    Phone number
    Email
    Web site URL
    Contact person's name

Event Name / Series / Club or Org
    Date of event (or schedule of re-occuring events)
    Type of track & description
    Class/classes of cars to be raced (and any specific local rules)

Now describe the event briefly - list any other info, prizes, hype, challenges, food, hotel info (for big events), and any other promotional info to let people know what's going on!

OK???

If you are a secret club and you don't want anyone new to ever join in on your racing, then ok. However, if you would like to SHARE the fun racing with potential new racers - or even remind some of the occassional racers or racers who might want to travel there to visit - then you need to post more info (let alone if "fred & jim's" is a business that might actually want to make some more money from increased attendance).

In the top post of a thread - just be sure to edit in the name of the raceway / hobby shop / club / facility, the address, phone number, email, URL, etc. List what kind of track, and the class of cars being raced - any specific local rules, etc. And then post the date of the event - or schedule for re-occurring weekly or monthly races. Make this info BOLD in the top post - and you might be amazed at how it now serves as not only a reminder to the regulars and semi-regulars - but an invitation to visitors and newcomers as well!

Whenever I am in my local raceway, if I see an unfamiliar face, I try to ask them where they are from and how they heard about the place. It always made me feel good to hear them say "I read it about it on Old Weird Herald online!" - and I heard this from people quiet often!!!

Help this hobby GROW - share it with NEW friends!!!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

New Sub-Forums

New Sub-Forums

Series Schedules

Please post regional slot car racing org. series or season schedules in this forum. This will eliminate the need for "stickies" and keep these series schedules from becoming buried under race events that are already over, and should also make them much easier to find.

Major Events

Please post Major race event announcements in this forum. By "Major" I mean Regional, National, or World Championships - Major individual or recurring annual race events, that attract traveling racers from other states or regions. Again... no more need for "stickies" to keep these major race events from getting buried under more frequent regional or local race announcements.

Announcement threads that are deemed by admins or moderators to be posted in the wrong sub-forum or forum, or that may be a better fit in another forum, will be moved at our discretion.

PM myself or other moderator if you would like your thread moved, or see an existing thread that you think should be moved.

PK @ OWH
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com