Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: ISRA World Championships USA 2010

Are you allowed only 1 handout motor per team for the Production race, or are you allowed to buy 2?

Jonathan

Jonathon,
    you can purchase extra motors.

roger
    Roger Schmitt
    USRA Pres

MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

official Hotel sponsor

We now have an official Hotel sponsor

the OakBrook Holiday Inn

here is what you get

Hotel will pick up and drop people off at both Chicago airports, call for the shuttle

Hotel will provide 2 free trips to the track each day one morning and one evening.
    There will be a mid day shuttle as well at a cost of $2 per person

Each room will be provided with 2 free breakfasts per day stay at the hotel restaurant.

Room cost is $59.00 per day

Also included at the hotel is
    free local calls
    Free Wireless internet in all rooms and the lobby
    Free coffee and tea 24 hours a day
    Free use of the Fitness center
    Free use of the pool and hot tub

Right now I have 30 rooms available for the event so please book soon

here is the link for booking

http://ichotelsgroup.com/redirect?pa..._PMID=99801505

roger
    Roger Schmitt
    USRA Pres

109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

RULE: Number of entries

... the host nation may only enroll up to twice the number of the largest delegation from another nation and as long as the total number of entries do not exceed 100.

If the total exceeds 100 the host is always guaranteed the same number as the largest international delegation. This limitation is based on each class seen separately ...

http://israworlds.com/isra2010rules.html

So if you are a USA entrant it goes by your ISRA 2010 ranking (http://israworlds.com/ranking-2010.php) and then by your signup order (http://israworlds.com/entrants-2010....nited%20States).

Who gets to race can only really be confirmed when registration closes 30 days before the event.

So if signups get tight then these 2010 currently ranked entrants get first dibs for the USA:

18 Gawronski, Paul
    66 Gilbert, Greg
    69 Stah,l Mike
    91 Gilbert, Lee
    105 Verdo, Peter
    110 Schmitt, Roger
    116 Bugenis, William
    171 Schmitt, Laura

... and then it goes by signup order after these, so signup now!
    Last edited by dr verdo; 03-11-2010 at 06:26 AM. Reason: update
    Peter Verdo

LinkedIn

"Flat tracks should be flat and slot car controllers should be bipolar."

Peter, a couple of comments. First, I'm looking at the list of entrants on the ISRA 2010 website and cannot find #240....the numbers skip from 239 to 241.

Next is a question for you and other ISRA dignataries:

[QUOTE=dr verdo;240945][COLOR="blue"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]... the host nation may only enroll up to twice the number of the largest delegation from another nation and as long as the total number of entries do not exceed 100.
    QUOTE]

I think I need an example to understand this rule. As of today, we have 24 Americans signed up. I'm thinking of two interpretations of this rule, Peter. Version #1 would be "the largest delegation from another nation" would be the group from Latvia which numbers six (6) entrants. So, does that mean only twelve (12) Americans are currently eligible to race. If more Brits signed up, say we get eight (8), then 16 Americans may race? If we are using this interpretation, then currently half the Americans who have signed up, twelve, would not race. Seems kind of a sad thing for the track owner who then refunds 12 X $250 in entry fees = $3,000. Oh well, cest la vie.

The only other way I can interpret this rule is if you count up all sign ups from all outside countries. In this example we have DEN (1), BEL (2), BRA (2), GBR (4) and LAT (6) which would be a total of 15 racers from outside countries. Using that interpretation, we could have 30 Americans eligible to race which is six more than have currently signed up. As a side note, that would enable the track owner to collect 6 more entries = $1500.

From the sound of it, the first version limits the number of Americans by the number of the largest delegation from a SINGLE country. The second version limits the number of Americans by the number of racers from outside the USA. The first version is more restrictive and would potentially keep the number of entries lower possibly resulting in race entry refunds. The second version is more realistic and allows for a larger event overall.

Please let me know how we are supposed to look at your statement from your previous post.
    Last edited by fxgeorge; 03-12-2010 at 11:08 AM.

George,

we are allowed 2X the number of the largest entries from one other country.
    at that point if the total entries are under 100 i can fill the field up to 100 entries

65 teams are allowed to sign up for production as well

hope this helps

rog
    Roger Schmitt
    USRA Pres

109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

There are at least another 6 Brits coming and 4 more that might come and 4 more that possibliy might come, so that should get it up to 10 - 15 Brits, so 20- 30 host nations drivers. Roger, where is the timetable or am I being blind again?

Quote Originally Posted by dr verdo View Post

Race Day 1 SAT 2010.10.02
    Race Day 2 SUN 2010.10.03
    Race Day 3 MON 2010.10.04
    Race Day 4 TUE 2010.10.05
    Race Day 5 WED 2010.10.06
    Race Day 6 THU 2010.10.07
    Race Day 7 FRI 2010.10.08
    Race Day 8 SAT 2010.10.09

Now go to this link and match the race days to the schedule: http://israworlds.com/isra2010rules-summary.html
    Hi Brian, I know my name is not Roger, but I had asked the same question earlier on this thread and the Good Doctor posted the response above.

Hey Roger, thanks for clarifying that further for me. I think all the Americans who want to race should be accomodated. Brian, great to know we'll have 15-20 of your compatriots!

Thanks George

yup this link works

http://israworlds.com/isra2010rules-summary.html

rog
    Roger Schmitt
    USRA Pres

109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

I wish we had a flat track in fl to practice on!!!! Nascar with 12s sounds like some fun!!! I read over the rules and besides everything in mm which i have to figure out, what are the major differences? Stuff like being able to run 2 bodies if i read it correctly. Also chassis rules that are different such as bracing and chassis grinding rules(motor mount). Any help would be appreciated since I'm totally unfamiliar with the isra rules.

Hey Biscuit, dont tell me you coming to race? Ok, You get a spare body shell, which you can change to mid race if you need to, or incase your first effort fails tech (cut too low/high). The chassis cannot be modified, so no dremeling bits off it, no adding bracing. You can solder in the front axle (must be straight), the pintubes (floating is ok), and a 'brace' behind the motor (clearer explained in the rules), that about it. You cant: use sticker fronts, solder the lead wire retainer to the chassis, increase the movement by filing the slots.

Tech is very strict. If car isnt legal by the time tech closes, lap penalties. Tyres, motor, and body are all hand out. Tyres can be trued, motor is sealed (you cant take the springs off, or open it up), and the body is painted, you just have to cut it out and mount the supplied interior.

Hope that makes it clearer.

Thanks for the info Brian! As of right now the plan is to hopefully run the production race. It looks as if there are plenty of open spots. Its hard to justify going just to run 1 race but i saw the pre-enrty list and it looks pretty impressive. When i started racing i ran the champion chassis for years so i feel confident. The rules say nothing about rear axle, gears, guide, or wires so i'm assuming all that stuff is open to whatever. By "straight" does that mean i can't bend the front axle to set my front wheels? Running larger pinions sometimes causes issues with the motor brace in the champion. This is an area that grinding is almost required. Not sure if that is permitted or not. Also when i accidentally break the pin that comes with the chassis am i allowed to replace it with one of my choice? Sorry for all the questions just making sure i got all this stuff straight!

Rear axle has a min diameter, as do front wheels (13mm). Gears are free, so 64, 72 or 80dp are all fine. No grinding at all on the chassis, and as for the pin, I am not the tech man so good luck with that one! I think you can use any split pin if you want, but dont quote me! Other things to note, the race is 1 hr long, and all work to the car must be done in race time.

Hope you can make it there, it would be good to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by biscuit581 View Post
    Thanks for the info Brian! As of right now the plan is to hopefully run the production race. It looks as if there are plenty of open spots. Its hard to justify going just to run 1 race but i saw the pre-enrty list and it looks pretty impressive. When i started racing i ran the champion chassis for years so i feel confident. The rules say nothing about rear axle, gears, guide, or wires so i'm assuming all that stuff is open to whatever. By "straight" does that mean i can't bend the front axle to set my front wheels? Running larger pinions sometimes causes issues with the motor brace in the champion. This is an area that grinding is almost required. Not sure if that is permitted or not. Also when i accidentally break the pin that comes with the chassis am i allowed to replace it with one of my choice? Sorry for all the questions just making sure i got all this stuff straight!
    The big pinion issue will not come in to play. The motors we will be using are a handout Pro Slot VIP setup with a 38 degree .540 diameter X-12 arm. We have been running these cars locally, and the gearing that is working is 72 pitch, 7 x 42, 43, or 44. The tires are also handouts, Alpha Big Full hub Pirannahs. The body is is a handout too. Pre painted Parma COTs. Not too happy about the pre painted thing. Im one of those morons who likes to paint. Hope this info helps.

It's gonna be a party (right Brian?)
    Ken Swanson

Team BOW
    JK Products
    Chicagoland Raceway
    Mid-America Raceway
    ISRA USA Great Lakes Region
    BOWskateer Founding member # 001
    R.I.P. Monty. Miss You My Friend

Yeah its been a long time since Philly!! Thanks for the info guys, im not too familiar with 72p may be trying some metal because of the green flag rule! I got a couple more questions for you Brian i'm gonna send you a PM. My bad but i gotta pick your brain a little bit, you did win the race last year!