Thread: isra 900 wide tire rule

isra 900 wide tire rule

Mr Gilbert i have 2 of your euro chassis and my guestion is this . Isra will no longer allow 900 wide tires next year will we who have your euro chassis be able to get them to hook up with .815 wide tires . have you tired .815 and any insight would be great
    Thanks
    Last edited by Mic Byrd; 11-09-2009 at 07:11 AM.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

900 tires

We at the Speedshop have used 810 tires many times. When we race ISRA in Europe 810s are required. My question is are you saying USA ISRA is not allowing 900 tires or are you saying USRA is using European ISRA rules that do not allow 900 tires?

At the USRA Nats this year Greg Gilbert drove his Speedshop chassis car to 2nd place with 810 tires because the track had so much bite. Of course your car should work best on "Speedshop" 810s. Go ahead an try 810s on your Speedshop, you might be surprised.

.900 wide tires and ISRA/USA

Mic and Lee,
    There has been some confusion about ISRA and ISRA/USA rules. While ISRA has never allowed .900 wide rear tires , ISRA/USA has always allowed .900 wide tires and will continue to do so. I see no reason to obsolete a widely used chassis over .090 in tire width. I have seen Speed Shop cars work fine with .810 wide tires at large races with a well rubbered track,but many times at regional or weekly races a driver does not find those conditions. A .900 wide tire is an easy fix. I think the main philosophical difference between ISRA and ISRA/USA is they write there rules with 1 race a year in mind, ISRA/USA rules are written with daily, weekly and monthly racing in mind.
    Lou

Lou, I'm glad you point out that basic distinction between the two organizations. I can't emphasize enough how well the Speedshop chassis works with any width tire. It's a chassis that is easy to tune for any track condition...you can tighten it, or loosen it with any number of adjustments. I have run my Speedshop cars with .850" tires maximum width, and usually run with .815". The night before the Scale Nats, we were all out on the Midwest Monster pounding around at 3.9 seconds. I was running 3.9s using my oldest Speedshop chassis with .815 tires and it was working great. Sounds like Lou has clarified for the series back east, so you should have no problems running your car Mic.

Thanks to all how helped answer my questions. lou see you saturday . lee and george will you share some tuning tips .new to eruo racing as of last year . have raced off and on from late sixtys as a kid. But Need to catch up on euro chassis
    thanks again
    Last edited by Mic Byrd; 11-11-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com