Thread: World Fastest Drag Strip

World Fastest Drag Strip

In 2010 in Nashville,Tennessee I am wanting to build the worlds best and fastest drag strip every built in the world.I would like to ask for input from all the drag racers from all over the world for help with this.I would like to here what you guys ideas would be, as far as power,track surface,electronics.And any other ideas or input that you might have,to make this the best track every.Thanks Go Fast Products
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Go Fast Products - Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"
    Visit Go Fast HERE!
    Visit our NEW Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"!

Cool I have it

It is flattering that someone wants to build a better dragstrip than we already have here at Pacific Slot Car Raceways . Best wishes but structural bridge building should be in your builders backround HaHaHa.

Of course just kidding and we at PSCR wish you the best. If I can answer questions about being only a few thousands from perfectly flat or how to power with the best power supplies myself or our great crew of contributors can offer help, just let us know.

Best wishes,

Rob McCuistion
    Pacific Slot Car Raceways
    2908 Meridian Ave E #104
    Edgewood, Wa 98371
    www.pacificslotcarraceways.com
    253-642-SLOT

It will be tough to top TR Motorplex! Maybe Tricky Ricky will give you
    some drag strip speed secrets.

Smile Better

Quote Originally Posted by rlmleisure
    It is flattering that someone wants to build a better dragstrip than we already have here at Pacific Slot Car Raceways . Best wishes but structural bridge building should be in your builders backround HaHaHa.

Of course just kidding and we at PSCR wish you the best. If I can answer questions about being only a few thousands from perfectly flat or how to power with the best power supplies myself or our great crew of contributors can offer help, just let us know.

Best wishes,

Rob McCuistion
    Pacific Slot Car Raceways
    2908 Meridian Ave E #104
    Edgewood, Wa 98371
    www.pacificslotcarraceways.com
    253-642-SLOT
    Well I guess if your are off a few thousands then there can be a track better than what you have.lol
    Last edited by Mr.GoFast; 12-21-2009 at 10:56 PM.
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Go Fast Products - Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"
    Visit Go Fast HERE!
    Visit our NEW Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"!

BACK TO THE SUBJECT: I have been out of touch...what is the current record, by whom, when, and where? Last I had heard it was somewhere near 130MPH and under .500 sec ET...and that was five years ago...
    and then... what is/was the physical characteristics of the track: wire size, number of taps and spacing, size/type of braid, track surface/paint.
    This is to assume other standards are also met of SDRA (or other) sanctioning standards of track dimensions and maximum track voltage.
    Last edited by Ramcatlarry; 01-01-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

The current world record is like .410 or .411 @ about 136. It was run at 2 different places, Bullitt in Kentucky and Flashbacks in Georgia.

Best Drag Strip

In 1964\65 I managed a track in Covina, Ca that was built by Revel - Surveyed Level with precision Insturments. The highest Grade Polished Formica track surface with 3/8" square bus bar forming the slot with #6 wire gauge taping off of 4.0 battery cable every 8 foot section. We had a selector swich for voltage from 4 - 8 D 8 truck batteries to be switched from 12 to 18 to 24 to 30 to 36 volts.

Quicker than the other LA tracks on 6 volts less.

This is an old thread so I dont know if you scrapped the idea or built a track. You probably want to go with the rivergate 90 amp power supplies and trackmate timing system. For surface I would go with a fairly slick formica. Its hard to explain the texture, not too rough, but not polished. The track at Flashbacks is very quick we do have one of the top 5 quickest and fastest passes ever by a wheel driven slot car but I think it would be a little quicker if it was a bit slicker.

bulitt speedway is the fastest track in the nation hands down, good luck

Mid America has a pretty good dragstrip also! Ask the Pro Slot guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
    Mid America has a pretty good dragstrip also! Ask the Pro Slot guys.
    It is indeed!