Thread: Ciccarello

Ciccarello

That can't be Chicky's car ... it's not white.
    Rollin Isbell

AND it is a decent paint job as well

It says he now works for Serpent

Paul take this safety caution as a warning. These machines that your now racing can hurt you more than a 4oz. slot car. Speeds in excess of 120 mph on a long track can be very dangereous to turn marshalls and sometimes to drivers as well.
    If ever your in a ROAR sponsered race make sure they comply with their own safety rules. THESE CARS CAN KILL! FIGURE THE FORCE OF A 7 LB. CAR GOING 35MPH AND HITTING SOMEONES LEGS ,ANKLES, OR OTHER PARTS OF THE BODY. SPEED KILLS!!!!!!

This shouldn't be surprising, since Paul hasn't actively raced slot cars for 2 or 3 years, yet has been racing RCs during that time. Check out some of the RC boards, you'll find quite a few nice body painters there.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

Question Rc Cars Kill?

Quote Originally Posted by REWINDER357
    Paul take this safety caution as a warning. These machines that your now racing can hurt you more than a 4oz. slot car. Speeds in excess of 120 mph on a long track can be very dangereous to turn marshalls and sometimes to drivers as well.
    If ever your in a ROAR sponsered race make sure they comply with their own safety rules. THESE CARS CAN KILL! FIGURE THE FORCE OF A 7 LB. CAR GOING 35MPH AND HITTING SOMEONES LEGS ,ANKLES, OR OTHER PARTS OF THE BODY. SPEED KILLS!!!!!!
    Now, now Rewinder, lets not get too carried away. The cars are crazy fast, but I lived and breathed nothing but 1/8 R/C gas car racing for over 25 years, I raced at a couple of the ROAR NATIONALS and traveled the same series that Paul has been racing the last couple years. In all of the magazines and ROAR news letters that I received in that time, not to mention the 25 plus years that I helped run the CHICAGO RADIO CAR CLUB, which included in its membership the founding father and the 1st president of ROAR, the late Roy Moody, I have never heard of a death attributed to an R/C car!

Now maybe there has been a death or two, but my bet is that it was a guy who was strung up by his wife for using the mortgage money for that latest, going to make me a winner, rocket engine.

Paul, congratulations! Serpent is a great company, THE LEADER in innovation. Good luck!