Thread: G27 Lite

G27 Lite

Which arm dia. has preference, the .480 or the .459 dia. arms and setups? Any help is appreciated!
    You can't polish a turd, but you can sprinkle some glitter on it!

Arm Diameter

Most folks are running .490s. However, some are experimenting with .495 and even as big as .500...

wjd

Thanks for the info. What's the advantage of going that big? More torque?
    You can't polish a turd, but you can sprinkle some glitter on it!

Bigger Is Faster!

Steve,

You're stuck in that drag racing mentality. Circuit cars don't run on 16 volts, and if you keep it in the slot they don't do standing starts either.

With tracks getting faster, larger arms have been the trend for a long time. The smaller stuff was originally made to enhance handeling, but were never all that fast.

I'm sure you noticed that .560 dia. 'D' arms are now a standard, and the best flat track 'C' motors are using .540 dia. arms. I've had lots of success with larger dia. Euro arms as well.

The only reason even larger hasn't happened is that both setups and blanks would need to be designed and built in tandem, but it will happen eventually.

FWIW, I have drag racing customers doing well with the big S16d arms. The 'big block' G20's, according to the feedback I'm getting, are slow off the line but do excellent trap speeds. Now, isn't that just what you would want in a wing car?
    A clean slotcar is a happy slotcar!!