Thread: Testing...

Testing...

I have received several PM's and emails from OWH readers who were getting "permission denied" messages when loggin in or trying to post on Thurs evening.

I was working on some of the settings and features on the forum admin, and I may have deactivated or changed something that caused this while working on it. I do see that others have logged in now, but I do not see any new posts. I switched the permissions back, so it should be working fine now.

I did change the registration options, so that new readers can complete registration, without the need for me to manually activate them. It uses new security features that should be able to reduce or eliminate the spammer registrations. This should not effect existing members from logging in or posting.

Please post here, or email me at paulk@oldweirdherald.com if you are still getting a "permission denied" error message when attempting to logon or post.

Paul K @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Had it, but rectified it by logging out and logging back on again.

And I thought that I had done something wrong
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Paul,

Happened to me and Clay also, Just clicked past it by selecting forum. Clay was able to send me a PM.
    A clean slotcar is a happy slotcar!!

I was playing around with the "CMS" system feature last night. I changed the permissions so only Admins could access it - but it left the "Home" page button for all to see. If you clicked on the "Home" button, it gave you the "no permission" spanking message. Seems dumb why it would not simply disable the button, rather then to leave the button and page, but then tell everyone they're not allowed... arrrrrggg!

I disabled the CMS now... I'll play around with it when I have more time. I plan to rebuild the rest of the OWH articles & pages around the CMS or Wordpress, so everything is easy to find...

Hopefully everyone can login now - I got a bunch of emails from people (including Clay) thinking they got banned or something...

PK
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Paul - no authentication problem BUT not able to upload .jpg files. Any thoughts?

Jim