Thread: photo album upload snafu

photo album upload snafu

Anyone else having trouble uploading photos to the albums in their profiles? After selecting the photo file and clicking "upload", all I get is an exclamation point that tells me "This is not a valid image file". It's a jpeg, as they all are, which seems valid enough for me. Still, I went back and generated a new photo file just in case; still won't upload; same "error". So I tried uplaoding a photo I had previously uploaded; wouldn't upload, same "error". Very distrortning...

Thought ya might wanna know...

Rick

Same problem here - behind on getting track progress pics up. I see, though, that John Ford was able to get a photo up ... not sure how to pinpoint the problem. Paul?

Jim

test to see if pictures upload works yet

Nope. PDF OK - JPG not OK

Should be working now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leejim1988nats..jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	6599  

Yep, it'z workin'. Thanks a lot!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by jradford View Post
    Should be working now
    Okay we have file upload resizing which is great, now we need the whole album to not be dumped after an image is uploaded.

Worked for me! Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daisyslots View Post
    Okay we have file upload resizing which is great, now we need the whole album to not be dumped after an image is uploaded.
    not sure what you mean by an entire album getting dumped, can you elaborate? I'll be happy to fix if I can reproduce the issue.

Jim

I had three images that were of the correct KB that were used as attachments from the old board version. When I uploaded a test image that was in MBs the album was emptied but one image remains but not in the album.

Thanks for finding that plug-in in Paul's storage locker.

daisyslots,

I am still unable to reproduce your issue. From your posts I gather its your personal photo album you are having trouble with. On mine I was able to upload 20 or so photos (6MB +/-) without trouble. Keep in mind the system will automatically delete any photos not used in a post or a profile/avatar picture within an hour. My guess is the photo that is remaining in your album is likely used in a post or your profile/signature/avatar image. Am I close?

Quote Originally Posted by jradford View Post
    daisyslots,

I am still unable to reproduce your issue. From your posts I gather its your personal photo album you are having trouble with. On mine I was able to upload 20 or so photos (6MB +/-) without trouble. Keep in mind the system will automatically delete any photos not used in a post or a profile/avatar picture within an hour. My guess is the photo that is remaining in your album is likely used in a post or your profile/signature/avatar image. Am I close?
    Now that one is gone. So what the hell is the album for? Is it not to store images so that we can copy/paste into a thread?