Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thunder rubber tires???

Why not add to the confusion

I bet there is a little Olgilvie in every Gerding custom track. Why not call them Gerding Custom Olgilvie tracks?
    It's Thunder not wonder.
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

Thunder Rubber tires are for the rich and famous!
    Chase Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bent rim View Post
    I bet there is a little Olgilvie in every Gerding custom track. Why not call them Gerding Custom Olgilvie tracks?
    It's Thunder not wonder.
    Should I rename my company "Ogilvie, Silky, Ford, Tunkel, Cruzin and Gerding Fast Tracks"?
    I've learned something from all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
    Should I rename my company "Ogilvie, Silky, Ford, Tunkel, Cruzin and Gerding Fast Tracks"?
    I've learned something from all of them.
    Hey Gary... so you could say... you're sorta stealing their "Thunder" ???

Hey Bent Rim.... is it true that Erkle mistakenly used a "Blunder Rubber" ???
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 04-15-2010 at 08:04 AM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

If you see Raw Thunder Rubber and Wonder Rubber Donuts and hold them in your hand there is a difference in feel and texture. Once they are trued they look very similar but they are not. Just as there is a difference SBR and Natural. And they all react different to Treating.
    Just as with SBR Rubber every batch is different, sometimes harder and sometimes bitier, this is why treating began to overcome the inconsistency of the rubber.
    Treating also causes the Treater to walk funny for a few hours afterwards.

Correct that they are not the same BUT they do perform almost identically for retro cars anyway. That is probably why there is some confusion.

I have run both for some time now.

Surprised someone hasn't asked what's the difference between "Chems" and "Treated" LOL
    Joe " Noose" Neumeister - Team Nutley
    Sometimes known as a serial despoiler of the clear purity of virgin Lexan bodies
    Noose Custom Painting - Since 1967!
    Chairman - IRRA Body Committee
    The only thing bad about retro is admitting that you remember doing it originally.

Hey Gary

You forgot Hasse, Chris Dadds, Engleman and American. If you did change the company name, I would sure hate to be the one who had to write you a check.

Paul, Erkle's rubbers work about as good as your new Icons. Man these things look like crap. I have to point to them just to figure out which is which. Maybe I could have Erkle's kids draw you some better ones!
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

Quote Originally Posted by tnttires View Post
    If you see Raw Thunder Rubber and Wonder Rubber Donuts and hold them in your hand there is a difference in feel and texture. Once they are trued they look very similar but they are not. Just as there is a difference SBR and Natural. And they all react different to Treating.
    Just as with SBR Rubber every batch is different, sometimes harder and sometimes bitier, this is why treating began to overcome the inconsistency of the rubber.
    Treating also causes the Treater to walk funny for a few hours afterwards.
    It all depends on what chemicals your in too. man....You should understand.....That.........

60s OLPHRT
    PHIL I.

aaa MOM. About them icons...Da Big Puba is like me.....-0^0-...kinda blind
    Last edited by Phil I.; 04-15-2010 at 03:37 PM.

You forgot Hasse, Chris Dadds, Engleman and American. If you did change the company name, I would sure hate to be the one who had to write you a check.
    Bent, you're right, I didn't mean to omit any trackbuilders. If it's okay with you, I'll keep my current name.
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 04-15-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Paul, Erkle's rubbers work about as good as your new Icons. Man these things look like crap. I have to point to them just to figure out which is which. Maybe I could have Erkle's kids draw you some better ones!
    I agree about the smiley's - I have to roll-over the mouse and squint to tell them apart too! I was thinking it was just me getting older and blinder! I have no idea why the NEW upgraded forum software went to such lame smiley's. I'll have to see if I can replace the new ones with the old ones...

I know one thing for sure... I DO NOT want to start using those silly gay cutesy animated smileys used to death on other forums!!!

I swear... every time I see one of those dancing banana's, it makes me want to put wings on my 1/32 cars and spudge gloo all over someone's plastic track! (insert Tim Allen grunts here...)

While I do enjoy all scales & types of slot car racing... OWH is just NOT the place for debates about how many lugnuts on a birdcage Maserati or which is the proper position for the thumbs on your 1/32 scale driver figure... sprinkled with dozens of jumping and dancing little animated icons!

I'll see if I can restore the MANLY little smileys - just for you, Mr Rim!
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Question

MOM, Why are you reading other forums???
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506

But Mom, I want to see ya spudge some'thin!

P.S I agree about the B nanners but, The viking woman who jiggles her juggs is kind of cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by backintheslot; 04-16-2010 at 05:27 AM.
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

Been slow on this forum so I'll stir the pot a bit. Thunder rubber and everyone's wonder rubber all come from the same distributer, they are water jet by the same said distributer.

The distributer asks the client what shore 0 durometer they prefer and he does his best to get a sheet of that duro. They get water jet and shipped as donuts to the company to mount and grind.

Quote Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6 View Post
    Been slow on this forum so I'll stir the pot a bit. Thunder rubber and everyone's wonder rubber all come from the same distributer, they are water jet by the same said distributer and the sheets are made in the same "factory".

The distributer asks the client what shore 0 durometer they prefer and he does his best to get a sheet of that duro. They get water jet and shipped as donuts to the company to mount and grind.
    Cut? As in water jet cut?
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Yup.

Where did your website with arm specs go?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast