Thread: Log in duration

Is there a way to extend the duration of my log in time? If I'm in the middle of a post and get a phone call or some sort of interruption, I will lose the content of my post when I re-enter my screen name and password.

Kevin- if there isn't a way to tweak this on the board, I'll show you a trick to deal with this situation next time you're at Mid-America.
    ‎‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Thanks MG. I'll ask for some pointers this saturday at the wing car race at Roger's.

I am a little surprised with your response though.

I would have expected from you and the rest of my chicago area friends to have jumped on the chance to give me a little grief about a duration problem that I am having.

Kevin

Kev,
    this can help with your duration

feel better now?

rog
    Roger Schmitt
    USRA Pres

MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

Thanks Rog, now that's what I've come to expect from this crowd, glad someone lived up to the rep.

FYI, the duration problem only seemed to present itself when a certain long legged red head was involved.

Oh come on Kevin- it saddens me that you expected a cheap shot.

And you know how partial I am to tall redheads...
    ‎‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Hmmm... I could say that I've had no problems with the duration thing... but then again, ever since I hit 50...

perhaps that has something to do with why so many of us old farts spend so much time playing with toy cars...

As far as the LOGIN duration - I haven't had any problem with THAT lately... but since it is always a possibility, I usually tend to protect and preserve my efforts in a couple ways...

1 ) Always back up your work. After every paragraph, or on race reports after each class, I highlight (select) all, and hit "control c" or right mouse "copy", before proceeding. ALWAYS do this before hitting the "submit" button. If it logs you out - then paste the text to a Wordpad or other text document, before logging back in and trying again.

2 ) On long posts or race reports - just type the whole thing on a text document first... (saving it occasionally)... THEN copy / paste it to your forum post.

If you have saved your text, and sometimes even if not... you can usually hit the "back" arrow button on your browser to recover your text. If it is still there when you hit "back" - then NOW select all and copy it before proceeding!

I don't think there is any login time limit - but often the forum will log you out for no apparent reason. It's some sort of cookies thing... so the rule of thumb is to always save your work before submitting.

Otherwise... for the "duration" problem... I have a few thousand emails per day I could forward to you...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And he was me thinking it was all to do with "dial-up" verses "broadband"

Pointless definitions:

dialup - "I would like a dialup of mayo on my sandwich."

broadband - "Joan Jett was in a broadband before starting her own group."

(Probably should discuss duration issues in "Out Of The Slot", literally...; don't know 'bout anyone else, but my major "duration" issue is finding a female cohort who'll "endure" me for a sufficient length of time...)

Don't think I'll save this one as a word.doc...

Rick

Thanks for all the help guys, now I'm feelin' the luv!

And Rog, if I get that 4hr side effect thing going on with your solution, I won't be calling you!!!

For any of you out there that were losing sleep over my duration problem I came up with a simple cure. No more posting!

Actually, just by checking the box to rememeber my password when signing on, keeps my putor logged on until I choose to log out.