Thread: Wife needs help!!!

Wife needs help!!!

Please help if you can. In about a month (when my husband's disability starts) I have talked him into purchasing me 2 or 3 slot cars. I am not asking for free hand outs. I want to start slot car racing at a local track, but I have a few problems - my husband has brain damage and is unable to understand (and remember) many of the things that we need to know. We have gone to a local track, and 1 of the regulars let me borrow a car, and another paid for my first race. On an 8 lane track I finished 9 out of 11, completing 164 of 200 laps. My problem is - I do want 2 or 3 complete cars when my husband gets his settlement. The owner will build the cars, and we do know him, but we want to ask others also. Does anyone have any cars that they wish to sell? The track runs 4 inch and 4.5 inch and they use 16d motors (parma 16d and super 16d I think). Some cars use the Proslot 16D, others use Parma DeathStar 16D. The cars are 1/24 scale. I need help with things such as DO YOU HAVE ANY USED CARS OR MOTORS OR OTHER ITEMS THAT I CAN USE FOR PRACTICE? DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE OF WHAT CONTROLLER TO GET? I am also wanting to get into drag racing also. The drag cars are also 1/24, but can run any motor and set up (bracket racing). PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF ANY ADVICE THAT YOU MAY HAVE, AND OF ANY PARTS OR SOFT BODIES, TIRE ADVISE, ETC.
    WHIT.

Whit, you didn't mention where you race and your profile doesn't tell us where you are from.
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

Some'thin smells just a wee bit fishy to me. But then, I could be wrong!....................
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

Yeah same thing I thought a few days ago!!
    Gilbert, AZ
    Falcon Wing/G12/Flexi/Nascar/Drag Race

Ever since

I once helped someone on this board asking for help and parts, only to find the stuff I sent, was on Ebay a week later. Then it gets even better, it was one of my customers who bought the stuff on Ebay. This is called a left, right combination. Before I help anyone on here, I need to know who they are or at least check them out.
    I just thought it odd, that this was this persons first post.
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

Either way, it would still help a lot to know what raceway, type of track, classes of cars raced there, and a bit of info about the local rules. Not only would this type of info tend to reassure people that the poster is sincere, but would greatly help in recommending or offering the right stuff.

Yes, it is a sad reality that there are people out there who are not entirely honest or sincere when posting to ask for help... which only makes it a bit more difficult to determine the ones who are. So with this in mind, it is always best to include enough info so we know that we are dealing with a real person.

Hey Whit? Are you still there? If so, let us know a bit more info please... if you are the real deal, then you would be surprised at how helpful fellow racers here on OWH can be.

PK
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 06-11-2010 at 03:16 PM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

left a PM a couple of days ago had no feedback starting to smell alot fishy.to bad there are a lot of people who are dishonest not too say this person is but you would think if they ask for a little help that they would respond.so those that went to help.can I have help other racers in the past and it worked out well so to say if you went help DONT MAKE IT SO HARD TO DO SO!!!!.