Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You'd think someone would answer my phone call!

I am sure if you came by here its kind of hard to find and I always check my caller ID and I always answer my IMs

In the early 1990's I was a regional editor for Scale Auto Racing news magazine. As a test, I sent a letter (remember those boys and girls?) to every raceway I could find in the Northeast saying I was interested in slot car racing and that my family and I would like to visit sometime. Please send me information on things like hours of operation, days open, cost of things like cars and controllers - I gave my phone number if that was easier. I would estimate that a max of 20% responded, the one that I remember most was Modelville Hobby sending a response, perhaps that is one of the reasons they are still in business after all these years. Some things never change.
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but anything you catch comes home with you!

I hope yellow has contacted someone because he has not contact my track.
    Sincerely,

Jeff Strause

Jeff, I don't think he (yellow) ever intended to contact you, Swiss, Mid-America, or any one of the other raceways that provides good mail order service. I think he signed up on OWH just to post this one rant to see who would hoot & holler in his defense. You notice, he did get a few. You also notice, he never said what it was he was looking to buy nor in what part of the country he was located in. How can you help someone when that person don't provide enough information to help you help them? But to give credit where credit is due, you tried!
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

Good points Bill, but he did ask for my phone number via private message.

I just hope this is not someone who wants to cry wolf every time he has a problem with his track owner.

There is a GREAT group of track owners out here that will do just about anything for a racer that they think will stay around, just hope he is not a fly by the seat of his pants person.
    Sincerely,

Jeff Strause

Creative Marketing

I think this post was a setup to advertise a online website coming soon. Hoping to get racers to complain about getting parts then put the site out as the savior. Years ago I stopped dealing with a certain home set dealer, because I heard they were selling in Dept stores. Right before Christmas time I started to get a lot of phone calls requesting these sets. Like 5 a day. Caller ID showed me all the calls were coming from two different #'s and one of them was from the local dist. They just wanted me to think there was a sudden big demand for these sets. I am not sure if it is illegal, but it was pretty slick.
    Our first clue should always be the first post and no location.
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

At least he got his name right Doug!LMAO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Quit cryin and act like a MAN!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12