Thread: What the Best all around Racing

What the Best all around Racing

Ho 4-lanes....Drag Racing...or Racing any track...1/43 scale..1/32 scale or 1/24 scale[/B][/SIZE]

fisherman,

It all depends on what will float your boat!

Sorry I can't be any more specific then that, but all of it has pros and cons.
    Florida Slotter, aka Marty Stanley,
    A "Double 60's" Slot Racer
    Killer X Raceways Team Racer

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    What the Best all around Racing
    All round? Oval probably

All racing is the best. Everyone has what they like and what they dont care for.....Look at my sig......I LOVE IT ALL
    Gilbert, AZ
    Falcon Wing/G12/Flexi/Nascar/Drag Race

Eurosport racing is the best.
    Verlin Jeff Nangle

EUROSPORT
    Tss Hobbies Belleville, Michigan
    Carsteen controller
    Mossetti ES, Mack 12, Sanders 12 chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    All round? Oval probably

Zippity Doo Dah,

Oh no Brer Zippity, please don't throuw me on to that oval!

A friend of mine is a track owner. He runs one of the best operations I've seen. He has a very small oval in his shop. It's a total of 56 feet per lap length. It's simple to drive, yet very hard to compete on, if that makes any sense.

The easy to drive makes rentals, birthday parites and such similar 'money producers' easy to provide track time for.

Hard to compete on makes it a joy to race on. your lap time vary greatly from the outside lane (red) to the inside lane (black). It's almost like you have to run your own race and not worry about the other cars on the track. We have run a multitude of races there with much different equipment. I think our most fun is when we run Womps there. The rules are very well written, very restrictive and as a result, the racing is super close. You can't pass down the straightaway as all the cars are about the same speed. You must plan your pass and execute it at the precise time. I've seen cars 'knotted' in a pack for almost the whole heat. Of course this is good for the red lane, but bad for the black lane. The amount of banking is so low that you have to blip the throttle or your car will never make it through the turn. it is truly a driver's track and the intensity of the racing is quite high. 4.5 inch Stock Cars are a blast, JK "Modifieds" (a JK Indy Car chassis with a JK Modified body on it) is another category that is super fun. It's just a fun track and will give you all the challenge you could ever want.

About the only thing that is not fun on that track is Wing Cars of any kind. I put my Spec-15 car on the oval one night and found I could simply hold the throttle WFO and the car just ran 1.2 second laps, lap after lap after lap after lap ad nauseum!

Is it the 'best racing'? I'm not even going to attempt to answer that question.
    Last edited by fl_slotter; 08-13-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    Florida Slotter, aka Marty Stanley,
    A "Double 60's" Slot Racer
    Killer X Raceways Team Racer

HO - T-Jet
    Sincerely,

Jeff Strause

The car, scale you are racing that day! Seriously, I love to pull the trigger. The only thing I don't really care for is drag racing. I love running T-Jets, Polomers, 32nd scale plastics all the way to Eurosports. About the only thing I haven't raced is wings. The only real reason for that is I just don't need to shell out the time/money to race them. But now that they're going to be raced every other weekend at the track, I just might pick up a couple of those too. We'll see
    Gary Johnson

I've raced all scales & all types of slot cars, and the only type I never really got into (like gearbear), is drag racing. I tried it, and I can understand the attraction for those who enjoy it... I was just never much into drag racing is all.

That being said - I find that ANY form, type or scale of racing, from the cheapest T-Jets, plastic cars, or Falcon cars, to the fastest super magnet unlimited cars... the most enjoyable races were the races where there were very close hard fought battles, or with close finishes right down to the last second.

I remember races where the power went off and everyone lets out a yell or cheer, and high fives each other for the great race - no matter who wound up winning it. In fact, on many occasions I'll be telling a friend about the great race - and then he'll ask "well... what place did you wind up?" - and I don't even remember!!!

I think I enjoy those kinds of races even more then the ones I win!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

imho A full track of FCRs with sealed 501s and all the racers having to use resistor controllers is about as much fun as I have ever had without my wife being involved.

Csaba once said slot car racing was sort of like ball room dancing with the required sense of rhythm. Right then I thought no way! It is more like fencing.

Since racing FCRs, with the longer wheel base that makes nerfing so much more a part of the action, I would say it is more like a knife fight in phone booth.

About as much fun as being locked up in a gymnasium with a barrel of monkeys that all have machine guns.

I do not understand why more people don't enjoy slot car racing?
    "Ever onward."

Nelson Swanberg

Thumbs up Whats my fav.....

THE ONE I'M RUNNING AT THAT TIME...

I started in HO in 62....went badly...Did 1/24th in 64 & been there ever since. Tried drags as I ran NHRA....Wasn't as fun as road courses...Womps....one when other run them. If all the cars were put together.......About 50 or so...G7...6 Eyes don't like them so...no..$$$ 12s & down

OLPHRT
    PHIL I.

My favorite is 50's style hardbody with 501's and H&R chassis with big tires. The cars look great and realistic plus they are slow enough that you can actually drive them. When they crash they roll and flip, parts go flying but no worries. Just get out the glue and you are ready again for next week. Also, they are usually close in speed which makes for fun intense finishes without all the anger and drama that sometimes happens too frequently with other classes of racing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50's race startli&#.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	7311  

Last edited by Daytonaman; 10-10-2010 at 12:00 PM.