View Poll Results: What is the fastest Eurosport Body?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red Fox Audi R10 Long

6 42.86%
  • Red Fox Acura

1 7.14%
  • Red Fox Audi R10 ISRA

7 50.00%

Thread: Eurosport: Which Body Is Faster?

Eurosport: Which Body Is Faster?

Over the past three years, three different bodies have been mandated or favored by racers in 1/24 Eurosport. The 2008 Nats had the Red Fox Audi R10 (long), the 2009 Nats had the Red Fox Acura, and the 2010 Nats had the Red Fox R10 (ISRA). Which body is the fastest? Please back up your vote with solid data, not just based on what you "think" is the fastest body.
    Last edited by fxgeorge; 08-24-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Thread needed technical adjustments...

Paul is sleeping, I added the poll for you, let me know if thats not what you wanted.

Jim

Thanks Jim, you fixed it up PERFECT! Yeah, I guess Paul is in a different time zone and different day now!! He doesn't care though, he's in paradise surrounded by gorgeous examples of the opposite sex now....

Hey George, maybe the more meaningful poll would have been: which body can go the farthest without experiencing the dreaded body suck? :-)

I voted for the current body because it is the one I have gone the fastest with at Mid-America. I know, it could have been the resurfaced track, car, motor, tires or the excellent new Fettroller I am currently using from 3rd Eye, but whatever the reason I voted for the current body. I like the over all balance I get with the car, maybe the long Audi and Acura had more down force, but my results have been better with the new body.

Quote Originally Posted by fxgeorge View Post
    Thanks Jim, you fixed it up PERFECT! Yeah, I guess Paul is in a different time zone and different day now!! He doesn't care though, he's in paradise surrounded by gorgeous examples of the opposite sex now....
    1 - yes... I am in a different time zone... a day ahead of you, and I'm actually sleeping on a somewhat more "normal" schedule.
    2 - yes, I am surrounded by gorgeous examples of the opposite sex now... (but very happy with the one that is mine)
    BTW - Miss Philippines was 4th runner up in Miss Universe yesterday (but I think my own Miss Philippines is even better )
    3 - I'm taking my own poll - was it fastest body, or best body??? let me check... ( I better not comment on KVAN's "body suck" remark...)
    4 - I've got your Davao coffee.... PM me your address.

P.S. - HEY! Who changed my avatar??? Jim????
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldweirdherald View Post
    P.S. - HEY! Who changed my avatar??? Jim????
    Wasn't me! Maybe your new chickypoo is more computer literate than you thought!

Paul:

Avitar the OWH movie version in 4D...I was begining to wonder if you were doing the rock lobster, it wasn't me either. Its supposed to be animated to move the arms a flapping...stick in Paintshop Pro animator to modify you original ani-gif... still wasn't me...

As for Euro body its not on the list...BPA Porche or BMW HD or Redfox two HD bodies ha ha...

RB
    Last edited by Slapshot; 08-24-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Here's what motivated me to start this poll. There seems to be some who feel that a 1/24 Eurosport using ISRA rules is slower than a 1/24 Eurosport using rules from the 2008 and 2009 USRA Nationals. I have done extensive, I mean really extensive testing over the past year preparing for the upcoming Worlds. I've concluded that there is really no difference. In fact, I prefer the ISRA rules and think my cars work better. Let's look at the rear tire track. In USRA in 08 and 09 we had to run 3.250". Now using ISRA rules we are wider at 3.267", quite a difference. Take a look at the SPOILER on the ISRA Audi R10 (short) and compare it to the WING on the bodies we used to run in USRA. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that big swoopy curved spoiler on our current body gives more downforce than the angled "wing" on the longer bodies. True, the ISRA body may be only mounted a maximum of 35mm which is considerably lower than the 1 5/8" we used to run in USRA....but that also translates into a lower c.g. My conclusion is that these three bodies are really quite evenly matched when taking into consideration the other rules for the class. I would tend to say that the Acura is the slowest body, I think the two Audi R10s, although equal, are better bodies.