Thread: BOW/Proslot 16D arm

BOW/Proslot 16D arm

Monty, I see Ken-O is marketing a 16D Arm that you did some work on. Can you please tell me more about what is done to that amr?

Next question, Zapping the new Hawk 7, Which way goes down in the well?

Thank you as always sir!!
    Shawn
    Gilbert, AZ
    Falcon Wing/G12/Flexi/Nascar/Drag Race

Shawn,

The Ken-O arms are the Proslot FX Chinese armatures that I tie, epoxy dip, true, and balance. There should be a modest performance increase from the improved balance, and a significant reliability boost from the kevlar wrap and extra epoxy since dislocated windings are a typical failure mode on them otherwise.

The Hawk motor has ceramic magnets, i.e., readily reversible. Therefore, the side that goes down is whichever side you want to hold the positive magnet. Exchange leadwires as necessary for the car to move forward. Its the Falcon 7, with matrix neo magnets, that is somewhat less accomodating.
    A clean slotcar is a happy slotcar!!

The Hawk 7 has the same type of magnets as the falcon 7!
    Racing now at Wanker Valley Raceway and awaiting puppies!!

John,

Excuse me, sir, you are correct. I was indeed referring to the JK 3030 Hawk, an 'S' can, when saying it is ceramic magneted. Yes, I would expect the Falcon 7 lookalike DOES have the same magnets as, well, a Falcon 7. Yes, I can see from Swiss' posts that it has a newer armature. And yes, its a confusing name.

Shawn, I don't actually go and buy every new motor, and nobody sends product samples. I've done some rebuilds/arm replacement on the 'S' can Hawks, with good results. I don't mess with sealed motors at all if I can help it.

As for zapping one, use the same procedure as with a Falcon: if it doesn't run better, or loses power, zap it the other way.
    A clean slotcar is a happy slotcar!!

You got it, thanks as always
    Gilbert, AZ
    Falcon Wing/G12/Flexi/Nascar/Drag Race