Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just thought I'd mention....

Just thought I'd mention....

Paul is in the house.

‎‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs 1955-2011

I wanted to point out that I will be at the raceway each day during the time there is racing activity. I will be posting at the end of each part of the worlds. Let me emphasize that results will be posted mere moments after they occur for the duration of the worlds. Any delays between the video feed and results posting may have to do with the results not being "official" due to rules discussions and the like.

There has been severe Internet service outages in the last 48 hours affecting not only Mid-America Raceway but also other businesses in the immediate area. I spoke with an AT& T service person this morning and they are working to diagnose the problem.

Racers and other attendees have been asked to curtail their use of streaming music and video on the wireless Internet router that is carrying the live world feed. I sincerely hope that we can all work together to assure coverage for our viewers around the world.
    Last edited by M G Brown; 10-07-2010 at 06:01 AM.
    ‎‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs 1955-2011

I think that this worlds will set a record for the most toilet paper rolls and hand towels used by participants.

If anyone is having trouble matching up a photo of a car with a driver- the car number is the same as the number following the driver name on all official race result documents that are being posted. IE: Qualifying lists, etc.

In the above photo we see that this is car # 45 belonging to Olli Kantamaa (winner of the Group H Quarterfinal)
    Last edited by M G Brown; 10-06-2010 at 10:21 PM.

There are no "podium photos" being posted as such because all event awards will be presented at the official awards banquet following the conclusion of the ES24 Main.

The TQ "presentations" are being staged and are not the official presentation.

MG,

For those of us who don't know, like me, could you give some comment on the format being used? Obviously, there are a lot of quarterfinals. Were there any semi-main sitouts? How many open semi spots are being contested for with the quarters? When the top however many move from the quarters, how will they seed into the semis?
    A clean slotcar is a happy slotcar!!

MG, thank you for doing a great job getting the info out. You and Mr.Mazur rock!

Correct me if I am wrong but, I beleive the heats are seaded by the qualifying times. Top 8 go to the main...........................
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

Format...

Monty,

Past ISRA races (except for production I believe) had the 4 fastest qualifiers sitting out in the A-semi and everyone else would race in consi (3 minute heats) and the fastest 20 drivers (by total laps) would then fill out the A-semi, B-semi and C-semi (4 minute heats). The fastest 8 from these three semi's would go to the main event (five minute heats).

This year it seems, everyone qualifies and runs in a consi (no sit-outs). The fastest 8 go to the A consi, next 8 to the B consi and so forth. Then the top 24 (by total laps) would go to the A, B C semi. They would be seeded 1-8 to the A-semi, 9-16 to the B-semi and 17-24 to the C-semi. They would race and then the top 8 from these three semi (by total laps) would go to the main event.
    Owl Chump

Don't you have a plane to catch!
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

Quote Originally Posted by backintheslot View Post
    Don't you have a plane to catch!
    I'm headed for SFO at 5am to catch a 6:30am flight to O'Hara. I should arrive around 12:30pm in time for lunch! ;-)
    Owl Chump

MMMMM lunch! You and the "Slick" one have a great trip.
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

Quote Originally Posted by M G Brown View Post
    If anyone is having trouble matching up a photo of a car with a driver- the car number is the same as the number following the driver name on all official race result documents that are being posted. IE: Qualifying lists, etc.

In the above photo we see that this is car # 45 belonging to Olli Kantamaa (winner of the Group H Quarterfinal)
    so much for the rule about a detailed driver. I read the ISRA rule book and it seems to me that there are a lot of rules they are not enforcing, like paint jobs on F1 cars, etc. If you're not going to enforce the written rule then why have it in the first place.
    Improving performance one hazardous material at a time.

Owl:
    Make sure MG has his breakfast lunch and dinner breaks so he can contiue on his awsome reports.

Steve unfortunatly the 1/32 Euro body showen follows the rules exactly. Most bodies in the past events are similar as to the extent of detailing. It is only in F1 there are more stringent detailing requirement rules. The body decoration in 1/32 euro and 1/24 euro is unrestricted, only "body line" and "pinstriping" detailing in a different color is manitory. There is absolutely no mention of detailing the interior driver other than it must be painted. http://israworlds.com/isra2010rules....Eurosport_1/32

Quote Originally Posted by ISRA rules

4.3.3 Body

Eurosport 1/32 is a single body class.

Legal body for 2010-2011 is Red Fox (Brasil) Audi LMP. (See also section 6 for homologation and submitting rules.) The body must not deviate from its shape as produced by the manufacturer.

The body must cover the entire chassis, including the rear axle and guide flag, in at least one unforced position. It can be fixed to the chassis with pins or sellotape.

Body decoration is unrestricted, but must be made in at least two different colors. The body must be completely opaque. Windows must be left clear and all four wheels must be completely visible when viewed from the side. Pin striping and/or bodyline detailing is mandatory.

The driver's licence number must be displayed in at least 3 different positions.
    All cars must contain a painted and 1/32 scale three-dimensional interior with the driver's helmet, shoulders, arms and the steering wheel mounted in the original cockpit position. No portion of the chassis must be seen through the cockpit area when viewed from above. Body cutting must maintain every detail of the real car (i.e. lights, wheel position, etc.).

Two bodies per car are permitted, provided that they are painted, trimmed and mounted identically. The extra body is kept in the enclosed park and made available on the return of the other. During a service break both bodies are available to the driver.
    Now on the brighter side there are a few that detail thier drivers like Brian Meharry.

Raymond Batchelor
    Last edited by Slapshot; 10-07-2010 at 02:37 AM.

Question

Hey Ray,

On my way to the airport now! Will pick up a big bottle of vitamin C for MG.
    Owl Chump

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    Owl:
    Make sure MG has his breakfast lunch and dinner breaks so he can contiue on his awsome reports.

Steve unfortunatly the 1/32 Euro body showen follows the rules exactly. Most bodies in the past events are similar as to the extent of detailing. It is only in F1 there are more stringent detailing requirement rules. The body decoration in 1/32 euro and 1/24 euro is unrestricted, only "body line" and "pinstriping" detailing in a different color is manitory. There is absolutely no mention of detailing the interior driver other than it must be painted. http://israworlds.com/isra2010rules....Eurosport_1/32

Now on the brighter side there are a few that detail thier drivers like Brian Meharry.

Raymond Batchelor

Brian's car should have won concorse hands down. Unfortunately it was never even considered because of the way the cars to be judged are selected. Brian's car was on one of the lower shelves of the cart that the cars are placed on after tech inspection. Because of this, when the cars that would be judged were chosen, no one bent down to look at the cars on these lower shelves. Brian always makes the extra effort to make his cars look amazing. It is truly unfortunate that a $20.00 pre painted body won concorse over one that took the owner hours to do.

Cheers
    Ken Swanson

Team BOW
    JK Products
    Chicagoland Raceway
    Mid-America Raceway
    ISRA USA Great Lakes Region
    BOWskateer Founding member # 001
    R.I.P. Monty. Miss You My Friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast