Thread: Curious about the mossetti titan ss chassis

Curious about the mossetti titan ss chassis

I've never heard much about the mossetti titan ss chassis. How is it in comparsion to the champion turbo flex or the jk cheetah 11 chassis for gtp?

It ran well but was difficult to tune. The JK C11 family of chassis has basically obsoleted everything else on the market so stick with those....

wjd

While it is true that the Cheetah 11 does handle better that pretty much everything else on the market, the GTP class requires a chassis that is very durable as well. For the most part, GTP races are held on high speed banked tracks. The class also uses bodies that provide a large amount of downforce. You will tend to use tires that offer less traction to free the car up. All of these things considered, the Cheetah 11 may not be the best choice for the GTP class because it will not fair well in a high speed crash. The Mossetti Titan is a very durable chasis that handles quite well. It would still be a good choice for GTP racing.
    Ken Swanson

Team BOW
    JK Products
    Chicagoland Raceway
    Mid-America Raceway
    ISRA USA Great Lakes Region
    BOWskateer Founding member # 001
    R.I.P. Monty. Miss You My Friend

The Mossetti Titan 300 chassis was my favorite for many tracks. The wheelbase is longer then most of the other flexi chassis. As a result it is an easy to drive chassis. When tuned properly it runs like a Turbo-Flex, just a touch more forgiving.

With regard to strength, it is a very durable chassis.

Depending on the track, it can be a benefit.

That being said,, I do know a couple of racers here in Florida that run the Turbo-Flex chassis most of the time in all flexi classes. They are very hard to beat regardless of what you run against them.
    Florida Slotter, aka Marty Stanley,
    A "Double 60's" Slot Racer
    Killer X Raceways Team Racer

Thank you again guys very much for your information and input on this chassis. I think i'll try a few. Also i accidentally double posted this new thread can you tell me how to delete the second one? Thanks. Alvin b.

If they're still available, there is an aluminum (anodized!) pan, that really works, on most tracks, I used this off and on for a few years with good performance.
    Improving performance one hazardous material at a time.

wjdougherty, What made it difficult to tune?

Ken Swanson, I just got a Mossetti Titan chassis and for some reason I got this feeling it may just be a good choice for GTP. Time and Testing will tell. Thanks.
    Alvin B.

I run one weekly. People told me when I started to run it that it does not work consistently well, but I have found the opposite.

First off it is very durable, as posted above. My main Mossetti is currently run by my wife, which means it has to be fast, consistent and durable.

Advantages? Tunability. From the package you will find pan movement is fore-aft only with a tight side-to-side feel. To gain more side-to side, just bend the rear tabs inward and also you can bend down the rear tabs to control up-down movement. I like to run 0.020" of side-to-side, and keep fore-aft stock and limit up down to 0.020" too.

The aluminum pan needs downforce (not for stock car bodies), but works really well, especially for Falcon classes where you need light weight.

One beauty is the sliding front axle mount, as we have a rough older track here that likes a little front wheel contact. You can set that without having to file or grind :-)

Cheers, Phil.

This is my thoughts on those types of chassis. I run on a King, falcon LMP and expert LMP. I have ran against C11, X24, X25, I have a C11, With the falcon motor the Kelly speed FX out performs it hands down. With the C11 and a contender motor the C11 is a better car. I think that it depends on the track and motor in choosing the right set-up, On a hill climb or flat track maybe the C11 will have an edge. But like I said it really depends on what track you are on, and what motor to be used. The C11 and the Kelly both ran the same lap times but the Kelly was way easier to drive which made me more consistent.