Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brazilian Nats Coverage

Hi Al,

great report! keep it up

Thank you,
    Christian
    Christian Kehl

Photo report of Day 2 by Owl Chump...

Well here is my ongoing report of the 2010 Brazilian Nat's beginning with this picture...

Go to the OWH Gallery to get the on going story of what happened at Red Fox Raceway...

go here:
    http://www.oldweirdherald.com/galler...2433&g2_page=2

More to come folks when I get the time to post!
    Last edited by Owl Chump; 11-22-2010 at 01:21 AM.
    Owl Chump

Photo report of Day 3 by Owl Chump...

OK! I've just added day 3 of my mis-guided adventures at this years Brazilian Nat's beginning with this picture...

go here:
    http://www.oldweirdherald.com/galler...2433&g2_page=4

Gee ! It seems so far that everything seems to begin with breakfast and/or food in some way or another! But that's not a bad thing I guess!!!
    Last edited by Owl Chump; 11-20-2010 at 01:08 AM.
    Owl Chump

Photo report of Day 4 by Owl Chump...

OK! I've just added day 4 of my adventures at this years Brazilian Nat's and it begins with this picture...

go here:
    http://www.oldweirdherald.com/galler...2433&g2_page=6

Gee! Day 4 starts and it's doesn't begin with a picture of food!
    Owl Chump

Nice coverage. Where is the track actually at? I know it says Sao Paulo, but this looks more out in the country.

Aruja, Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by b.rad View Post
    Nice coverage. Where is the track actually at? I know it says Sao Paulo, but this looks more out in the country.
    The track is actually located in the town of Aruja which is west of of Sao Paulo on the 116, and is the highway to Rio de Janeiro. It takes about 40-45 minutes to reach Sao Paulo from Aruja. The Sao Paulo international airport is between Sao Paulo and Aruja and closer to Aruja then Sao Paulo. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the international airport from Aruja.

But as Filipe told me, it all depends on the traffic. If there is no traffic it takes him about 40-45 minutes to reach Red Fox Raceway from Sao Paulo. With traffic it can take up to 3-4 hours!!!

More reports to come...
    Last edited by Owl Chump; 11-21-2010 at 12:50 AM.
    Owl Chump

Photo report of Day 5 by Owl Chump...

OK! I've added day 5 that contains the Open race for this years 2010 Brazilian Nat's. Look at the follow picture to see the start of Sunday...

go here:
    http://www.oldweirdherald.com/galler...2433&g2_page=8

You'd think that this would be the end of the 2010 Brazilian Nat's for me as I'll be headed to the airport to catch my 2:00am flight home. Well Noooooo! This is Brazilian so there will be more picture stories to come of what happened to me and what the other did in the coming days!
    Last edited by Owl Chump; 11-21-2010 at 03:11 AM.
    Owl Chump

I know that it really doesn't matter, but it is East of Sao Paulo.
    Telling someone how to get to the track is a lot like giving directions
    in KY.
    "It's off the main road about a mile and when the paved part
    ends your there."
    Really a beautiful part of the world!!!

Thumbs up Thanks Al

Al you not only had a great G-7 race but the photo coverage was super. Thanks for all the time you put into your reporting of this race. It was a lot of fun hanging out with you in Brazil. I am looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Skinner

Oh Les, Aruga is North East of Sao Paulo. I always thought Aruga was South of Sao Paulo till I looked on Google maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    I know that it really doesn't matter, but it is East of Sao Paulo.
    Telling someone how to get to the track is a lot like giving directions
    in KY.
    "It's off the main road about a mile and when the paved part
    ends your there."
    Really a beautiful part of the world!!!
    Hey Les! You're right! Aruja is east of Sao Paulo! Guess I've been in Brazil to long to remember which way is east or west! Great hanging out and working with you at the races Les and look in the mail Monday (hopefully) for a CD!
    Owl Chump

Quote Originally Posted by STUPIDFAST View Post
    Al you not only had a great G-7 race but the photo coverage was super. Thanks for all the time you put into your reporting of this race. It was a lot of fun hanging out with you in Brazil. I am looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Skinner

Oh Les, Aruga is North East of Sao Paulo. I always thought Aruga was South of Sao Paulo till I looked on Google maps.

Bill! It's people like you who make traveling to these race worth wild. You can't put a value on the good times and fun you have when attending a race like this and meeting up with friends from around the world. Of course it really helps when you have a good run in the G7 race too!
    Owl Chump

Great report! Looking forward to the next chapter of
    "THE CHRONICLES OF AL CHUCK OR THE OWL THE REDFOX AND THE RACE IN BRAZIL"
    Mike Blevins

serfprod@yahoo.com

Great coverage Al!

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

Photo report of Day 6 by Owl Chump...

Racing done, awards handed out, all my slot stuff packed, my bill paid and I'm ready to go to the airport. GuGu's says "No problem Owl! We get you there on time." OK I say!

I think we got done racing around 10:30 or so and I'm packed and ready to load my stuff into the car. GuGu's taking care of people paying their bills and what not and I'm quietly waiting for GuGu. GuGu is leisurely taking his time and attending to people and what not! Beuf says to me "Owl your plane leaves at what time?" as he is pointing to his watch! Finally Les looked at me and said "You still here?" "Where's GuGu?" as he went to find him.

Well for some reason GuGu thought it was 9:30pm and we had tons of time while it was really getting close to 12:30 now! Once he realized that I was running out of time he asked Filipe to take me to the hotel to pick up my luggage and go to the airport! But Filipe didn't know where the new hotel was that we were staying in. So we throw all my stuff into GuGu's car and head to the hotel with Filipe following us at top speed down the freeway and streets of Aruja. While speeding down the highway GuGu says "Maybe someone call airport and report a bomb!" We cracked up laughing then. At the hotel, GuGu talks to the desk clerk while I get my luggage. He says you go with Filipe now as we loaded all my stuff into Filipe's car. Then GuGu says "You no make flight you stay at Filipe's house and we meet for lunch tomorrow or rather today! And then GuGu had to show Filipe how to get back to the freeway from the hotel!

As I reported earlier, I missed my 2:00am flight back to the US. So American Airlines rescheduled my flight and I wouldn't get out until Tuesday evening at 11:55pm!

So now it's day 6 Monday and it's a Brazilian holiday and I've spent the night at Filipe's house. At least I was able to sleep and get in a shower and shave to not smell like a slot racer! Everyone was coming from Aruja to the best Brazilian steakhouse in all of Sao Paulo and that portion of Brazil from what Filipe has told me. Go to this picture to begin day6...

go here:
    http://www.oldweirdherald.com/galler...433&g2_page=10

At the of day 6 I would then go back with Carla and stay the night at GuGu's house before heading to the airport Tuesday evening. What other adventures await me???
    Last edited by Owl Chump; 11-22-2010 at 12:35 AM.
    Owl Chump

Photo report of Day 7 by Owl Chump...

It's day 7 and the final chapter of the adventures of Owl Chump at the Brazilian Nat's...

After a good nights sleep I awaken to the smell of fresh coffee on the dining room table along with breakfast! Now that's a great way to start the day.

go here:
    http://www.oldweirdherald.com/galler...433&g2_page=13

If you ever get the chance to travel out of the country to slot race, please do so! You will find it is the most rewarding adventure you might ever experience. You will meet and make new friends learn new things and see sights that you haven't ever experienced before.
    Owl Chump

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast