+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difalco Design Genesis Controller

Difalco Design Genesis Controller

Racers, here are some first shots of our new Genesis transistor/heatsink module for our new cable controller. This system will be offered as both modules and controllers using our Fanatic and HD30 controller heads. Product will be available to ship in approximately 3-4 weeks.

Our modules will be greatly improved with this new system. Besides the obvious lightweight handle the brake fuse is now pre-mounted on the heatsink eliminating extra wiring. The most difficult technical part of our previous modules was splicing the heatsink into the main wires below the handle. This has been replaced by braiding a control wire into the main wires, cutting off the Parma alligator clips and soldering the wires to the correct section on the R.P.M. (Remote Panel Mount) PCB on the heatsink. Adding a relay to the Genesis module is now as simple as installing the relay into holes in the RPM PCB and soldering 4 joints. New instructions with digital pictures will also improve assembly ease.

The only feature that this system will not have is dual polarity capability, it is strictly for positive tracks. If you need a dual polarity controller I will still be producing all of our current "E"motion models, both single and dual polarity.

As with everything I produce the Genesis is compatible with all versions of our "E" motion Pro Plus, Fanatic and HD30 controllers for racers who want to convert to this new layout. You can choose just to move the heatsink to the end of your current wires by adding the R.P.M. PCB or also replace the wire set with a single cable. It will be a while before I will be able to offer conversion upgrades!

I will have a controller to show at Bill Pinch's race in Cocoa,FL and will post more pictures when I can.

If you have any questions please post them, preferably in the technical talk controller section!

Last edited by oldweirdherald; 11-19-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: paid advertisement - approved 11/20/2010 PK
    Jim Difalco
    Difalco Design
    www.difalcoonline.com
    askjim@difalcoonline.com

When will the upgrades to the current controllers be available?

*bump* Any news yet? Would love to upgrade my 251

I believe Jim has said the middle of April at the soonest for upgrades because he is trying to fill orders for the completed Genesis controllers. I know we had 8 at our State series race on Saturday, and the raceway sold 6 of the 8 by the end of race day, they were that popular. Jim will make the announcement when he has the upgrade parts available I'm sure.

Mike R

May is almost here....when can we see what we have to do to update our 1/24 HD30 controllers?

any info on this?

+ Reply to Thread