Thread: I have another idea... oh crap !

Cool I have another idea... oh crap !

Why not ban the "negative" people for a while instead of locking a thread and leaving all the negative drivel exposed ?
    Is there smoke coming out of my ears yet? Two ideas in a few weeks... what is this world coming to ?
    Say Kassens.... I don't see my "stickeys" forum yet... what's up with that?
    " A little less whining and a little more driving should cure the problem "
    Ronald R. Van Wagnen

One man's negative is another man's positive.

And it is "Mr" Kassens

I'm still working on new House Rules & posting policies... as well as the new Race Event Calendar.

The new House Rules will also be accompanied by some guidelines for giving time outs for the kids that don't play nice. It will take a bit of mechanical setup as well, using features of the forum.

Actually... if I create a simple sub-forum in the Race Announcements, I could take care of most of the stickies as you suggested. How about a sub-forum for "Series Schedules" and another sub-forum for "Major Big Time Annual Nats-type Races" for stickies... & then leave all the others non-sticky for weekly & monthly races & events?

Gotta go renew my Visa today.... I'll work on it tonight when I get home.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Quote Originally Posted by multiracer View Post
    Why not ban the "negative" people for a while instead of locking a thread and leaving all the negative drivel exposed ?

If you guys just want all the threads and post to be everything is great lets all pat ourselves on the back and tell each other how great we are and how great every supplier and manufacture is than that's great.

Do me a favor and ban me now before it's like reading reading a slot car related verion of tele tubby land. I'm sure my buddy Roman will appreciate it?

At least I'll have another 15 minutes of my day back

BTW:

Ron you sure have done a 180 since your public whine about not getting your arms when you wanted them?

How about a topic with ALL 200 USRA racers talking about how great slot racing is and the great job everyone is doing since membership almost equals attendance at a local garage sale.
    NONE

Smile It is easy to recognise

the guilty person in a room that let the worst smelling fart ever.......... they usually pipe up first.
    G-day mate.
    Ronald R. Van Wagnen

Oooh, I don't think that's a fart I'm smelling, I think it's a time out!! Hahaha !!

Listen, I understand what all of you are getting at, but I have to agree that this is, or is supposed to be a public forum. So it sounds to me like if someone says something neg there's going to be problems. I myself find nothing wrong with disagreements, It's the American way lol. I feel there's nothing wrong with the way things are with the exception of personal attacks .

Vic
    Keep your finger on the trigger ,and your eye on the slot

Hey Multi

I gave this one a sticky just for you! I also think racers and such should be allowed to complain or argue when they do not like something. I have been the subject of many personal attacks over the last few years and have not responded. I said I wouldn't respond to any of it while I was representing the USRA, but thats over now! I can now respond to the fine people who complain about things like turnouts, but never seem to support any of the races they complain about. Hmmm!
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

Cool Ideas keep flowing Doug.

Maybe I could change my tag line to " a little less whining and a little more racing would help cure that problem "
    Ronald R. Van Wagnen

How about that

More racing less complaining!!!! Never happen!!!!!!
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

I recently returned home from Ireland. While I was there I read in a local paper about a man who while on his way home drunk from the pub was honked at because he was too slow crossing the street. He dropped his drawers and mooned the traffic he was holding up. He was ticketed and fined 80 euros for public exposure and his name and address were listed in the paper for all to see. Thats how they do it over there.

Now, On another board I belong to (also v-bulletin) they have a banned members list where they list the persons member name, date banned,the length of the time out received and the reason for doing so.

My point is this, Sometimes a little public humiliation is a good thing and can change the behavior of those who step out of line. If a person decides to continue on, they get the permanent ban hammer. A very "proactive" group of "same page" moderators is needed to help the system work.

The good thing about the list is, You can sometimes find out where some of your freinds went!
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

Anybody notice the changes???

I added 2 new sub-forums under Race Announcements: Major Races, & Series Scedules... no more stickies!

But... nobody seems to have noticed... at least no comments from the peanut gallery.

(at least it beats mooning the traffic!)

Working on many more changes...
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Quote Originally Posted by multiracer View Post
    the guilty person in a room that let the worst smelling fart ever.......... they usually pipe up first.
    G-day mate.
    I thought a fart was the FLINT AREA RACE TEAM!!! I'm a member so I'll pipe up now.
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506

Thanks Paul! I noticed the shrinking of "stickies" when I first opened the forum. Sometimes the good things don't get as much attention as the negativity.

John