Thread: GP 27 Qualifying Motors

GP 27 Qualifying Motors

Hi Paul,

Can you give me some basic parameters for building a GP 27 dedicated qualifying motor?

Arm diameter, timing, air gap, magnet type ect.

Also, I've been hearing some buzz about large diameter open arms being used for qualifying too, what do you know?

Thanks.

ya ya!!

I need some open qualifier info....not sure that my old .459 quad is going to cut it any more...I think 1.65 is as fast as she goes
    Chilli

Trolling the boards and fanning the flames once again...at least for a day or two.

I can't wait to see Paul's answer to this one. Chicky, bodies are painted, I now starting to get into race mode. I am going to look for a "14ch family radio today". Cya in Fla. Looks like I will make it to PJ.
    Scott

Well I am not quite sure what people are using now but I can tell you what I know from last years nats. The arm dia is 40deg .482 tristar and the magnets are .380 FQ at a .492 airgap. Horizontal hoods. I know this is a good starting point but I could be off a bit on this. I know Larry Blanton has some fast qualifiers. Try to contact him to see what he is running.

For opens right now the fast thing is a 64 .480, .350 6mags .492 airgap with the endbell cranked to the moon about 25 deg timing total. A fingered windowed can is what most people are using also.

Paul

adding my two cents worth - i belive beuf is using 6 mags for them now too. the one i got was .476 quad last year. just some usless info for ya