Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Keeping tracks open

Sir Paul, Too bad you don't want to discuss things and make up all sorts of Personal attacks once again.

So what? The truth still wins out Paul. One question:

How can you advocate asking for advertisers when you demean or ridicule anyone for advocating that people in the industry advertise? Sure it is expensive.

Another question:

Why not advocate the Businesses besides the tracks like the manufacturers, suppliers and do some promotion and advertising?

The real help will be a real United track Owners Association to lay down the rules for all...ALL the rules....not some Rules committee . ONLY track owners...no one affiliated with a manufacturer or supplier. About time to make the change Paul....

See post # 127

Until you reply with answers to that post, I see no reason for you to keep posting more drivel.

You simply refuse to offer anything new or positive to this thread of forum.

You've worn me out.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Along those same lines (racers helping out) I don't know how many times I've seen a "new" person walk into a raceway then migrate towards a racer sitting there working on their stuff. Typically the conversation migrates to "cost". So here goes proud racer explaining how he/she has thousands of dollars invested in his stuff with all the latest wiz bang stuff, cars, controllers, motors etc etc....typical response from new person? they thank him/her for their time and information and back out the door........

I like to use fishing as an example of how much slot car racing costs.....you can fish off the bank with a willow pole and a bent safety pin....or you can fish using a 50 thousand dollar bass boat being pulled by a 40 thousahnd dollar pick-up using the latest in fish finder technology and fishing gear....both examples are "fishing" but one doesn't scare the bejesus out of a perspective new person.

just a thought
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

have ready to race Falcon powered cars and use them on limited voltage

Roman, that is being done already around here at a few raceways. Tracks with adjustable voltage to let a newbie, a kid, or novice learn to drive. Crashing all the time with an overpowered car does not create customers.

The power supply should have a range of 8 volts or less on up to at least race voltage. This has been done around here and we sell many, many ready to race cars. A parent knows the cars have been tested and made race ready. (Nothing is crash ready). But they also know ahead of the time the voltage is reduced on that track to assist them. Nothing turns off a potential buyer or new person than crashing all the time. The kid gets turned off, the parents get pissed and no one returns. They will return to practice more and enjoy t heir purchase if they can drive it. they can always go the Hillclimb or other tracks to test ut their car. But after a minute they usually return to the rental track so they can race....and not crash.

And make sure the cars are race ready. Speed is not the issue...FUN is one key to increasing racers at a store. The cars someone buys at the local tracks here are race ready....And NOT outdated flexi ones or some thing like that Paul.

So please keep to what you know and not what you speculate Sir Paul.... Have a drink now man...
    Last edited by Team Waa; 12-16-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: misspelling

"that i done already around here at a few raceways" an interesting comment KC, not sure that it can be used as a positive though...care to share the status of those raceways at the moment?

Roman, So having ready to race cars is not positive? Please explain that buddy.

So what type of cars would you like for customers to purchase? Race ready cars are from 75.99 to about 89.99 for a kids car. Adult ready to race are 99.99 with a clear GTP or LMP body. I am sure you too could be competitive with one of these cars if you could drive them. These are not wing cars buddy.

A ready to race Winged Hawk or Falcon is 121.00...jsut for you...Even you could drive that? Maybe?

So what is the complaint now RomanK?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Waa View Post

The real help will be a real United track Owners Association to lay down the rules for all...ALL the rules....not some Rules committee . ONLY track owners...no one affiliated with a manufacturer or supplier. About time to make the change Paul....
    Just curious..... are you talking about car/racing rules or some type of "industry rules"????
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

And make sure the cars are race ready. Speed is not the issue...FUN is one key to increasing racers at a store. The cars someone buys at the local tracks here are race ready....And NOT outdated flexi ones or some thing like that Paul....

Are they new Flexi 5's, Cheetah 11's or even the new Cheetah 21 RTR's? Based on your ebay sales I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "race ready"? Better yet can you show us a picture of a "race ready" car from the counter?
    NONE

Uh.....Scale series, they are too hot for you to handle I am sure. kids cars are Flexi Five cars, Adults are Cheetah X-24 or X-25.

Roman, So having ready to race cars is not positive? Please explain that buddy.

So what type of cars would you like for customers to purchase? Race ready cars are from 75.99 to about 89.99 for a kids car. Adult ready to race are 99.99 with a clear GTP or LMP body. I am sure you too could be competitive with one of these cars if you could drive them. These are not wing cars buddy.

A ready to race Winged Hawk or Falcon is 121.00...jsut for you...Even you could drive that? Maybe?

So what is the complaint now RomanK?
    No in fact having a good RTR car availabble for purchase is a very good idea, your posts are so cryptic at times ("that i done already around here at a few raceways") that it's hard to figure ouit what you are talking about.

My main point in this, without being too blunt, is it seems that with your vast knowledge of what works in keeping raceways open and the short commings of the industry, it seems every raceway you have been associated with in the state of Az. has closed it's doors. Not sure that you are the best spokeperson for "Keeping Tracks Open" as your cerdibility is somewhat suspect
    Last edited by RomanK; 12-16-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Excellent post fatboy....you have made it plain the track owner needs to expand his role from keeper of the store to salesman.
    Years ago, when I was in sales, I would repeatedly tell my salesmen..."ask questions and listen" Many sales people have the ability to talk a customer out of a sale by simply flapping their own gums too much and trying to espouse their own knowledge. Know when to shut-up and listen....God gave us 2 ears and one mouth for a very good reason.
    As you said, qualify your customer....and quantify him too....if he is relatively new, he doesn't want to hear all the technical jargon....he won't understand it, he will be overwhelmed by it and he will walk away from it. Watch his body language....if he's looking elsewhere, you're losing him....if he's leaning on one foot then the other, you're losing him....ask a question and let him run the sale.
    Did I mention shut-up and let the customer talk?....he's the one who will talk himself into making the sale
    Answer questions with a question....
    Sell the sizzle, not the sausage
    And one last thing....shut-up.....

That's what we need, a government like body to look after us all.....thanks, but no thanks. Just look at what happens within the various racing groups now....rarely does a thread wind up running it's course....it ends up being locked.

Gee... anyone else notice that Team Waa dodges EVERY question asked of him, then he cuts down or ignores whatever you say, and goes on saying the same old things again. He NEVER answers any questions, or ever backs up any of his theories with any credentials.

Even in those moments when he makes a valid point... it's the lack of credibility, the hypocrisy, refusal to answer or acknowledge other's questions or input, and most of all... the arrogance and attitude that he has all the answers and we are all ignorant... that's what is most annoying.

Deja vu... same-oh, sam-oh... you can read the same stuff in this thread a year ago:
    http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...s-to-you/page2

Too bad all his old auctions on eBay have expired... they were good for a laugh!

It's really getting old.

I really do appreciate those with positive comments & suggestions.

I saw another thread about a "Slot car resurgance" in the Mid-South.

I'll bet that if they were to list all the things they are doing right, there might be some positive ideas to add to this thread!

They must be doing something right!

Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Quote Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
    That's what we need, a government like body to look after us all... thanks, but no thanks. Just look at what happens within the various racing groups now... rarely does a thread wind up running it's course... it ends up being locked.
    BA,

Suggest you expend some time investigating how other hobbies/leisure time activities are organized. Almost without exception, the successful ones have some sort of industry-level organization whose purpose is to advocate and manage the activity.

Quote Originally Posted by brassy View Post
    BA,

Suggest you expend some time investigating how other hobbies/leisure time activities are organized. Almost without exception, the successful ones have some sort of industry-level organization whose purpose is to advocate and manage the activity.
    Please by all means give the troops here a successful "example" so they can look into it themselves and see what you are trying to explain/tell them.
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"