Thread: DRAWW New Digital Slot Club in Pacific Northwest

DRAWW New Digital Slot Club in Pacific Northwest

So, what is DRAWW? Well, the forum name should help. We are the Digital Racing Alliance of Western Washington. That's about as simple as it gets, but to expand on that, we are a casual racing group who enjoy digital slot racing of all kinds, brought together by our region, aka the Pacific Northwest including Washington, Oregon, and even Canada (Vancouver/BC area), and anyone who wants to make the trip to an event in the area. We support and encourage ALL kinds of digital slot racing including, but not limited to: Scalextric Sport Digital, SCX The Digital System, Ninco Digital, Carrera D142/D132/D124/Pro-X, Scorpius, oXigen, Davic, BLST, and even AC2Car! If you have a track that allows lane changing and the sharing of lanes between 2 or more cars, and you're in the area, we want you to know about us, and to know about you. Even if you don't have a track of your own, but like the idea and want to get involved, then please join in! We like all kinds of slot racing, and analog is great, but our focus is on the digital aspect of the hobby.

What will we be doing here? Same as everyone else. We'll be coordinating and announcing events (aka races), discussing potential and active race series, helping each other with technical and tuning issues, and having as much fun as possible.

We do have a couple other outlets for DRAWW activity, so be sure to check those out and use the ones that you're most comfortable with, but be sure to subscribe to this forum as well, just to make sure nothing gets missed. My DRAWW web page can be found here for quick access to all DRAWW communication outlets: http://www.ggaub.com/slots/draww.shtml

We also need your help! If you know anyone in the area who is a digital slot racer, or even just curious about digital racing, please point them here. If you've seen people post in other forums about digital, and they live in the general area of the Puget Sound (Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Vancouver, etc), please point them in our direction. The only way for the DRAWW to grow and become active is to get the people to know about us.

Any questions or concerns or ideas? Please post them here.

Later The I just joined this club and the above is a copy of our introductory Post by our fearless leader to the SCI forums Rockinator
    Gambling, It's only a problem if you're losing.

explain?like video games?are u f.k.m.?r-u?

The other side

My take: With all world wide 1/32 slot car manufacturing having gone to it. it gunna get bigger. Back in 2008 I worked the BRM booth at the hobby show in Chicago. For us commercial 8 laner's, picture being able to change lanes on the track or driving to hard and having your car stop because you ran it outa fuel. The guys that build and design this stuff are as hardcore as they get. Out of all the sets I liked the Carerra and SCX stuff the best with Ninco close behind. These aren't like the old home sets of old.

BTW

All most all these 1/32 Plastic cars can work very well on a non-glued wood track!

HRK
    Racer on ice!

No Video Game

fester, I wouldn't dream of...what ever it was you were asking if I was doing.

1/32 Digital Slot Car racing. On a track. In a house or Garage. Kind of like regular slot cars with a twist. Up to 6 cars at the same time on a 2 lane (or more) track. All controlled independently of each other and able to switch lanes at lane change tracks. Supposed to be more like REAL racing. I've heard different takes on it. From "Way Cool" To "It's like driving in a parade" I had a track set up for about 6 months and nobody came over to play. So I took it down. THEN I find these DRAWW guys in my own back yard. So I will see what it's really like for me.

Later The eager to get to try my digital cars on a track with OTHER digital cars Rockinator
    Gambling, It's only a problem if you're losing.

Quote Originally Posted by fester View Post
    explain?like video games?are u f.k.m.?r-u?
    What? Was Toby typing?

Quote Originally Posted by sweendog1969 View Post
    What? Was Toby typing?
    Different fester, Shawn.

Hey - you're young enough - you should be able to understand "text-speak"!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok, So if you guys are done hi jacking my thread. hhhrrruuumph! Ok, SO I actually got to race with 5 other guys on a 2 lane track at the same time. What a Kick! No parade at all. You still have to keep the car on. Lane changes were smooth and easy. Although sometimes my car would change lanes without my permission. Annoying but a glitch. My favorite type of race was one where we had a fuel load and had to pit at some point. The bad thing about that race was how frustratingly slow the cars were with a full fuel load. But I believe that is a software glitch and can be corrected. The system is not perfect yet but quite a change from regular slot racing. "Bumping" and "Nerfing" are NOT discouraged but are rather unavoidable when there are so many cars fighting for the same real estate. We have yet to settle on a class of car we would like to run although with these guys you can bet it will be without traction magnets. Good times, I will try it again!

later, The hooked on Digital Rockinator

The random lane changing was a problematic controller, I think, Rock. I'm gonna swap it out with a different one.
    Also, the slowness on a full tank was on purpose. If you didn't notice the difference, there wouldn't be much point to it, eh? But, that's not a glitch so much as the way I set it up. The software lets you set your own power levels for the fuel levels. People who don't like a full tank to make the car so slow can give it a higher top speed on a full tank. I think I had mine at 50%. Maybe a little severe, but I like it to actually make a difference how much fuel is in the car. ;-)

There's another race this Sunday. If anyone wants to come, let us know and we'll help you find the place.
    -Greg