View Poll Results: Should "Team Waa" be banned?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've heard more then enough of his BS - ban him!

29 41.43%
  • I think he should own up & answer the questions - or out he goes!

12 17.14%
  • Maybe he should be warned or put on a short leash

5 7.14%
  • Let him rant, as long as he doesn't break the rules

14 20.00%
  • I think he is good for a laugh - I enjoy the banter

6 8.57%
  • I think he makes some valid points - let him post!

4 5.71%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Should "Team Waa" be banned?

Should "Team Waa" be banned?

Anyone else fed up with Team Waa? Or do you find him to be entertaining? Or do you think he should be able to ramble on or post his opinions no matter how repetitive or anoying, as long as he doesn't break the rules?

No matter what I do, it seems I get complaints... so I thought I'd seek some input and put it to a vote... at least for some guidance.

What do you think, gang?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Paul,
    I myself don't mind him, but I understand others who he gets in it with, getting ticked off after a while.

I would say to give him 1 final notice . If he persist, than do what you have to do.

I think you have been more than fair.
    Keep your finger on the trigger ,and your eye on the slot

Downers Grove Il Slot car Capitol of the World
    I voted to make him Pony up by Identifying himself and answer something!
    Give him a shot, Don"t like seeing anyone Banned, but sure seems like he is yanking the chain a bit to hard!
    anyone can choose to ignore but many will not let his statements stand unchallenged.
    I predict that given a chance he will not play nice ,seam's like the type that just cant help himself.
    Cheeto Racing

I like matching wits with someone who is only half prepared.............MoM........It's your sandbox...........
    Resident Curmudgeon
    "Manta" Ray Price

Iv put Ben Waa balls and a couple of others on the ignore option its fantastic
    A runaway Ben Waa LMAO
    Last edited by Ody; 12-21-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ody View Post
    Iv put Ben Waa balls and a couple of others on the ignore option its fantastic
    Hahahaha !!!! Good one Ody.
    Keep your finger on the trigger ,and your eye on the slot

Isn't that Team Waa balls?

I say put him in the corner and give him a time out.

If he returns and starts up his old tricks, IP ban his a$$ for good.

I'll give him a little credit, He did divert the attention from that other subject that now holds the thread lock record.
    Last edited by backintheslot; 12-21-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: add the credit line
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

Thank you for your votes..>Keep the votes coming in....Thank You so much....

On second thought, Screw'm, Pull the plug.............
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

I find him entertaining. I find peoples post's responding, even more fun.
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

How about having his raceway sponcer the blog or he gets banned? just a thought. I vote that unless "house rules" are broken let him post
    [COLOR="Black"]TEAM ACES AND 8's http://f2000.us/[/url]

Don't ban him, yet.

Hell, a lot of us like playing with retards - it helps pass the time

Has he broken the rules of the website? If so, then toss him.

If not, how would you justify tossing him? Hey, just because he has a differing viewpoint on a subject does not make him wrong.

Besides, no one here is forcing you to read his posts. Lots of tools, perhaps you need to learn how to use them. You are the one that hits the little button. Hey, there is a "Back" button on my browser. If I see something I do like, I just leave that thread and look for threads that interest me or I find something useful in. It's kind of like the "Delete" key on my PC. It works!

There are other sites out there that censor you for what you say, mostly if it is not quite in line with what they feel should be stated. Okay, it's their sandbox, but I do have differing views on some things. If our opinions conflict and we can't state our case, who's at fault there?

Let him stay. I do agree with Zippity's analysis!
    Florida Slotter, aka Marty Stanley,
    A "Double 60's" Slot Racer
    Killer X Raceways Team Racer

Quote Originally Posted by fl_slotter View Post
    Has he broken the rules of the website? If so, then toss him.

If not, how would you justify tossing him? Hey, just because he has a differing viewpoint on a subject does not make him wrong.

Besides, no one here is forcing you to read his posts. Lots of tools, perhaps you need to learn how to use them. You are the one that hits the little button. Hey, there is a "Back" button on my browser. If I see something I do like, I just leave that thread and look for threads that interest me or I find something useful in. It's kind of like the "Delete" key on my PC. It works!

There are other sites out there that censor you for what you say, mostly if it is not quite in line with what they feel should be stated. Okay, it's their sandbox, but I do have differing views on some things. If our opinions conflict and we can't state our case, who's at fault there?

Let him stay. I do agree with Zippity's analysis!
    You guys keep on "feeding" him.......
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

Honestly, this is pretty funny…

While it is tempting and easier to just ban someone who rarely if ever brings anything of worth, much less positive, to the conversation, it is also more difficult but usually more effective for the others involved to exercise a greater level of constraint and just ignore the interloper who repeatedly makes themselves persona non grata.

That said, even the entertainment value is diminished when the participant in question constantly uses childish “baiting” tactics to draw attention to oneself. Admittedly it gets pretty old when every post seems to include some infantile attempt at self-posturing with condescending diatribe such as:

“…no one get unhinged and start screaming like a little child that needs his Momma's you know what. No temper tantrums or wise *** comments either. Be adults and argue or discuss like men not babies gentlemen.”

“…no one get their girlie panties in a knot…”

“I am sure the naysayers and the lunatics will howl once again…”

“If these observations Piss you off...good.......I hope so. Time to start the whining.....Let's here from anyone who has the cajones to comment…”

“…for all the whiners on this site… Sure go ahead and complain, whine and bitch as you guys all do…”

See what I mean…

Of course the above examples alone are probably enough to warrant a warning to any person unable to carry on a civil and intelligent conversation on any social networking website.

Ignoring people of little worth in one’s life usually results in being a lot happier; besides, life is too short to suffer fools. At least it works for me. I’m pretty sure not everyone on the face of the planet likes me too, and I would offer them the same recommendation. And if you keep a sense of humor about it, all the better…

So what is it… Website castration and exile to the other slot car forums? (I can feel the love already…)

Rick

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast