View Poll Results: Should "Team Waa" be banned?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've heard more then enough of his BS - ban him!

29 41.43%
  • I think he should own up & answer the questions - or out he goes!

12 17.14%
  • Maybe he should be warned or put on a short leash

5 7.14%
  • Let him rant, as long as he doesn't break the rules

14 20.00%
  • I think he is good for a laugh - I enjoy the banter

6 8.57%
  • I think he makes some valid points - let him post!

4 5.71%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Should "Team Waa" be banned?

Just a waste of good air.
    Russ Toy
    I am team burrito and I approve this message.

Dear Mr. CMF3 - well said!

The thread killer analogy is a solid argument- but you're also saying you allow him to bend the thread in a way you don't want it to go. What is the most effective way to deal with a thread killer. IGNORE the child / beast. Y'all feed him. and not just him, there are others. I want to enjoy this sport with my BF and see what he's talking about. I didn't mean to intrude nor do i plan to continue to intrude. but hey I am that outsider looking in and thats what I see - a lot of bickering and defensiveness. If he genuinely is abusive or a true miscreant, then indeed, vote him off. Maybe Im wrong - but I live a happy life letting a lot of things roll off my back. and this guy - could easily be one of them.

I'm not from Illinois originally and I have family in the south. I pick that twang up. Here's one for ya: Oh my shattered nerves! LOL
    Have a wonderful Christmas, ya'll. I most definitely plan on it.

SCB

Thanks for the objective viewpoint. Please feel free to pipe up anytime you like (it’s not like we all know what we’re talking about either… ). And you’re right, feeding the ferret amphetamines ain’t such a good idea! Nor does it do any good to try to bludgeon the curmudgeon verbally (but there is always that temptation thing, kind of like “Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time…”). Life's too short, and it's best to just ignore those we don't want in our lives...

I’m happy to see someone not a slot car addict finding at least mild entertainment in the mental meanderings of a bunch of overgrown kids who like playing with toy cars. Hope you and the BF have tons of fun! Best to y’all in the new year with lots of slots and may all your X-mas’s be happy and white up there in the IL hinterlands (but with a little southern-style sunshine).

Rick

PS
    And they only call me "Mr" in the courtroom...

I geuss I have a some what more cinical view.

Babe, post a picture with a slot car tucked into your bra strap or I call bullsh!t.

Have a nice day ya'll............................................
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

Please reassure me that Team Waa is not the reincarnation of my old pal Local Racer

12-21-2010........Add to Ignore List............ Sham!
    Last edited by Ody; 12-22-2010 at 12:37 PM.

I'm as cynical as the next guy... Y'all need to remember that to create a second online persona would require some semblance of intelligence. Considering, I'd say y'all are barkin' up the wrong tree...

Rick

She must belong to San Francisco
    She must have lost her way
    Postin a poster of Poncho and Cisco
    One California day
    She said she believes in Robin Hood and brotherhood
    And colours of green and grey
    And all you can do is laugh at her
    Doesn't anybody know how to pray?
    Arizona, take off your rainbow shades
    Arizona, have another look at the world
    My myyy
    Arizona, cut off your Indian braids
    Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way
    Mmmm strip off your pride you're acting like a teeny-bopper run away child
    And scrape off the paint from the face of a little town saint
    Arizona, take off your hobo shoes
    Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way

One of the reasons I built a profile after perusing this forum for the sake of deliving into my guy's interests more, was to reach out to a particular person I saw posting on here. He's got a lot of courage and a difficult life. Not a burdened life but he has things to deal with most of us will never know. I felt compelled to reach out to him. He knows who he is, and he's right in your midst and you probably don't even know it. What he deals with on a daily basis - is nothing compared to the things people take so personally on here.

And to Mr. BackInTheSlot. I am a woman. All woman. I have an interest in this sport. Why should I have to post pics when nobody else has to. Why do I have to have more pics on my profile - that would seem out of place since none of you do. Just trying to fit in. You posted a pretty derogatory statement to me last night. I was up late since Im on vacation. i came back w a sassy answer and I noticed you deleted it. You, sir, were not a gentleman. I am not allowed to post pics of a sexual nature on this forum, so when you post one of you with a slot car in your jock strap and get away with it, I will post pics of me with a car in my bra. Otherwise, give me your email and Ill send it to you.

For a bunch of guys lamenting the lack of youth and females in your sport, you sure do you best to push them away.

Boys.........best!
    SCB

SCB - methinks ewe are another fella in drag (disguise)

Tell us your IP address and I'll confirm it

Wank on!!!!
    Racing now at Wanker Valley Raceway and awaiting puppies!!

Zippity: I can understand that. I've confirmed it with those I need to confirm it with.
    OWH knows my IP address. Guess I don't know how that confirms my sex?
    Honestly it's not worth it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet Act 1, scene 5, 159–167

Mr Waa is already suspected of multiple persona's... and may actually be capable of concocting a sham or two.

Female participation is pretty rare here on OWH (is it any wonder?) however Shontel is a pleasant exception and somehow manages to tolerate us geeks.

There have actually been many female slot car racers, and several quite accomplished ones. I think the "beat by a girl" jokes have grown old around National Champions Sherri Pederson & Connie Aloise, and Dallas Slot Cars owner Shontel Howard at wing car races, as they have by local PNW scale racers about PNW Eurosport Champion Alicia Gilbert.

Your IP address does not match Mr Waa... but it doesn't match up with where ya'll say your from either.

You sound much too intelligent to bother with pitiful nerdy geeks like us.

Slot car racers can tend to be both gullible and over-reacting nerds when it comes to females.
    (please cc me on any juicy photographic evidence involving slot cars and female undergarments, if emailing any to backintheslot... cuz I'm as guilty as anyone)

Can you blame anyone for being skeptical???

Wank on gang... just don't get your hopes up too high.
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 12-22-2010 at 03:51 PM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here lately....barely able to tolerate!

Sometimes I have to bite my tongue and remember this board is truly guy keyboard talk. I once wanted to delete/edit a post by MOM.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas to all! and happy holidays to any one who dosent do christmas.
    Last edited by shontelh; 12-22-2010 at 04:47 PM.
    Give me my glue bottle!!!!!!!!!![B]