Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: updated approved parts list

Been very distracted lately, haven't had much chance to peek in here. Why do I keep expecting Bill Murray to do a feature on Punxatawny Phil?
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but anything you catch comes home with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Aubin 3 sixteen View Post
    Been very distracted lately, haven't had much chance to peek in here. Why do I keep expecting Bill Murray to do a feature on Punxatawny Phil?
    I should just set up the forum on some sort of video loop perhaps... just bump the old threads once every few months. I wonder if anybody would notice.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Then I don't get it. Cahozza doesn't make a "Cahozza motor". They take a Cahozza setup and load it with a Koford arm. Even if they were going to sell this as a "Cahozza motor" it isn't. This is nothing more than what several racers do by mixing and matching parts. The only thing that would have to pass USRA approval would have been the setup. If the setup was approved then the T5 magnets would have been approved. I have a problem with the paragraph 3B in C-CAN SPECIFICATIONS. It states at the end "(this would not rule out "matched" pairs of approved magnets)". I'm confused on what that means. Does it mean that "matched" sets of magnets are bound by the rule and cannot be sold at a higher price, or does it mean that "matched" magnets are the exception to the price rule and the higher price is acceptable due to the fact that they are "matched"? I would also ask you to keep in mind that the price of an item will differ greatly from manufacture to racer since it passes through other sets of hands that are looking for a profit from the item.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Specifically, the KE580 is a setup "kit" per Eagle Distributing, not a completed setup, and therefore should not be allowed. But here, we have Roger declaring it still legal.
    We have Brian's Chassis, not in stock at a Distributor, in Assembled form, on Dec 1, but arrangements were made, and the Distributor considered it acceptable, so it's still legal.
    We have BOW Arms, which had a similar agreement on Dec 1., and they aren't legal?

Does anyone see where there's a problem with any of this?

Motor specs are division 1 that would be mike not roger get your facts straight.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Also the Brian chassis has been made avaliable to distributer on dec 1st but no orders have been placed. They are available if you would like to order one your track just needs to order one and the distributor will place a order.

Also Monty has still failed to ship any part of his order to eri so it looks like he can't meet the demand from even one distributor.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

what??? was somebody bored and decided to start beating on the old dead horse again?

what is this... round 5 or 6?

lose interest in watching the bears beat up on the hawks, or what?
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Maybe usraprez needs to unhook his keyboard.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    Maybe usraprez needs to unhook his keyboard.
    Maybe you should get your facts straight. There is no D-can setup for Division 1. The KE580 is a D-can Division 2 only "setup" supposedly, but instead is a "kit" bag of parts! I have my facts straight. Perhaps you should unhook yours until you can stop putting your foot in your mouth? Perhaps a certain track owner should do his research as an official, instead of pushing a personal agenda? I'm simply trying to get the rules applied fairly and equitably. What's your dog in the fight Michael?

Paul, I'm not trying to beat on a dead hose, just trying to get clarification on a speciifc Item, and to make it clear this list needs further scrutinization.

Did you fall asleep during the first 4 times this was hashed & rehashed???

Just wondering why you just now decided to pick up a club and start beating on a month old carcass.

Well... my Seahawks are done... it's 5:30 AM here... I'm going to bed.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

The horse is dead just stop.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

So, no clarification on the Ke580?
    Is the 575 also a bag of parts?

How many other products that are approved are out of production? How many don't meet some other rule? I am convinced the Division 1 Director went through the entire list of parts, and got rid of everything that did not conform. I find it hard to believe there is only 1 part on the entire Division 2 list that doesn't meet the current rules.

The Parma #595 Flexi 2 chassis is on the list. Do any of you guys know how long it's been since those were made?

Paul we have no intent on rehashing this. What we do want to know is what DISTRIBUTOR has the mentioned parts at the correct price so we can pass this on to our local track so they can order them for us. I really don't see what is so hard to understand about that. We are aware they are avaliable elsewhere but wish to support 'OUR' track!! So this information would be appreciated. David Stox

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................

cricket noises in the background.....................
    " A little less whining and a little more driving should cure the problem "
    Ronald R. Van Wagnen