Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: updated approved parts list

"usraprez" - If you have a specific question regarding a specific item, then post your question in a clear manor and maybe it can be answered by the USRA Tech Director for the division it applies to.

I posted a sticky thread with all the USRA officials names & contact info. Contact them directly if you want straight answers. I suspect they are not posting here lately, because I imagine they are tired of constantly debating their decisions.

I have read your last few posts and I can't really find a specific question - it sounds a lot more like a rant about how and why the list was determined, and complaining about whether it made sense or not. That is the dead horse part.

BTW - what year were you the "usraprez"??? Why didn't you fix all these problems back then???

SST - If you want to order a part from your local raceway, that is great! You simply give him the brand and part number and let him order it. It is up to him to call his distributor to place the order. If his favorite distributor doesn't have it, he can either back order it, or call another distributor. What are there... 4 or 5 slot car distributors??? By all means - support your local raceway!!! But give him you order and let him order the parts. You don't need to tie his shoes for him, do you?

As you said "I really don't see what is so hard to understand about that".

Are you trying to do your local raceway owner's job, or are you really making some sort of point that you want to know where and when they are available? Most of these posts lately seem to be questioning the availability issues... not really asking where to buy the part...

If your raceway owner can't find them at a distributor - he could call up a raceway who does have them and ask where they got them. After doing all that normal ordering stuff... if he can't find them, then maybe you have a problem to post about regarding where they are available... but it seems the first step is to just order the item.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I got

Quote Originally Posted by pchpartsexpress View Post
    the parma #595 flexi 2 chassis is on the list. Do any of you guys know how long it's been since those were made?
    over 75 new rollers in stock if your interested in one. They can be obtained:d
    Raceway of Tommorrow
    Home of The 2010 Divison 2 Scale NATS
    Home of The 2011 Division 1 NATS

Chick he is talking about the 4" chassis not the 4.5". The 4' is no longer avaliable from PARMA per there website

Quote Originally Posted by SST View Post
    Chick he is talking about the 4" chassis not the 4.5". The 4' is no longer avaliable from PARMA per there website

really?

lookee here
    http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...172.0.0?pp=15&

Did ya see this one too?

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...172.0.0?pp=15&

what were you saying?
    Roger Schmitt

MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

While there is a complete car without a body, and a RTR starter set with the flexi 2 I believe the question was a 4" flexi 2 chassis. Using the link you provided there does not seem to be a stand alone 4" flexi 2 chassis available.

Using the search function, I can get their site to pull up all 13 listings, rather than 7.
    Still, they have a 595B 4" Center Section, and 595A Top Pan, but not a bagged complete chassis.

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...595B/137.0.1.1
    http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...595A/137.0.1.1

In their defense, they have a lot of RTR's based on the 4" model, as Roger pointed out. I haven't been through the book lately to see if a bagged chassis is required for legality though.

Roger, what about the fact the KE580 is listed at Eagle as a kit, not a setup?
    And who has the 575? And is the 575 also a kit, or is it a completed setup?

Edit: Pulled this up directly with a part # lookup. Here it specifically says this part is discontinued, and they will attempt to find you one.
    So looks like Flexi-2 4" should be removed from list as well. The 595 (Chassis) is no longer listed as a part # either.....

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...ber&t=1&i=all&
    Last edited by usraprez; 01-18-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Found Relevant Information

Roger we are talking CHASSIS . Do we need to define a chassis for you? David Stox

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz............

snore sound...... then we,we,we,we........
    " A little less whining and a little more driving should cure the problem "
    Ronald R. Van Wagnen

Grasping for Straws

I say if punting flexi-2 chassis will make everyone happy punt them both 4" and 4.5". Who runs them anyway?????????????? I don't see or hear anyone trying to purchase them, as chassis have progressed to new lighter models. Thers a pile of things listed in the rulebook that are no longer produced, wanted etc. ! So those of you who are procentense on pointing these items out, help the U.S.R.A. board members as they volunteer there time to run this organization. They have full-time jobs just as the rest of us do, everyone wants to bust Roger's balls but do you realize he ran uncontested. Any of you could have RAN against him. After all this I'm sure we will need a new Divison 2 director, let's see how many of you are willing to step up donate your time and constantly be rediculde. So send them P.M.'s or e-mail with questions or concerns would be greatly appericated instead of the constance bashing and B.S. that is posted on the board. Also in general the majority of you who have issues never attend major events anyway. What needs to happen everyone needs to put there differences aside in both Divison 1 and 2 attend the N.A.T.S. make your PROPOSALS let your voices be heard in the meetings and if there is enough yes's versus no's for said proposal it will be entered on the online vote. If not that propsal stops at meeting. Hope to see each and everyone of you at the N.A.T.S. this year and we have so many of you running for office it will take days if not weeks to reveiw your resumes.
    Raceway of Tommorrow
    Home of The 2010 Divison 2 Scale NATS
    Home of The 2011 Division 1 NATS

Oh Chicky-poo ........................ :-)
    Kevan Taylor
    Just another Camen racer in the Mid-Atlantic .......... Home to some of the world's greatest keyboard racers.

NEVER NEVER in the history of USRA Scale Div II did a "chassis" HAVE TO be available SEPARATELY to be approved and legal to be used in USRA Scale racing.

The rule NEVER and still does not state that chassis used in ready to run cars have to be approved and available as a separate product. That is left up to the MFG to decide how they wish to sell their products.

In the past there was one chassis that was made legal and it never came as a RTR car.

The Flexi 2 chassis is STILL AVAILABLE.... you just have to buy a RTR to get one. That is not the USRA's business to dictate how the MFG's are to sell their chassis when it comes to stamped steel chassis.

There has NEVER been a USRA price limit for stamped steel chassis as there has never been a USRA price limit for RTR stamped steel cars.

SO if you really want a Flexi 2 chassis to run in USRA 4" classes..... go buy a RTR car and get yourself one to use.

SO while Parma used to sell the Flexi 2 chassis separate.... they have decided at one point to no longer do so........the chassis is still available in a RTR and that does not make it "questionable" for USRA use as there are no USRA rules to make it a questionable issue.

Same goes for arms/motors...... a MFG could decide not to sell arms or set-ups separate and ONLY as complete motors...meaning you would have to buy a complete motor when you only needed a armature or a set-up. AGAIN...there is nothing in the USRA rules stating that arms or set-ups HAVE TO BE SOLD SEPARATE. The only kicker to this rule is that in the 16-D classes, they approve set-ups and armatures only and separately and not complete motors as the rules for the D-Can classes DO NOT require complete production motors to be submitted. While in the C-Can classes, the complete motor is to be submitted and approved and then there is no requirement by the USRA that the MFG has to sell separate arms or set-ups for the C-Can classes.
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

I still have two or three flexi 2's new in the bag if this is a hot item maybe I should put it on e-bay???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]RICH
    THE GROOVE RACEWAY (check out my home page) and PSC race team
    PRECISION SLOT CARS CHASSIS FIXTURES, BUILD THEM TO WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by THE GROOVE View Post
    I still have two or three flexi 2's new in the bag if this is a hot item maybe I should put it on e-bay???
    Nah, forget it. If they were hot, Ken O would be selling them...
    Phil Matthews

Ron pease refer to 2010 USRA rules page19 paragraph 4. With the FLEX II no longer in production then it is crystal clear it is NOT legal and should have been removed from the list. There are also several other chassis on the list no longer in production but still also on the list. David Stox

David,

Did you read the following? Seems to me, if they still produce the chassis, just don't sell it separately it should still be legal.

A product will be considered to be no longer commercially-available after
    production has ceased. Products in this status which have been approved
    for competition will continue to be legal for USRA competition for a period
    of no longer than 3 years after production ceases. For motors and
    armatures specifically this time is extended to 5 years. Manufacturers must
    notify the National Director in writing when a USRA approved product
    ceases production.
    Gary Johnson