Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    On Sunday morning after the Fresno race, Hermanator and I emerged from a good night's sleep in The Hotel not knowing what time it was. We sat around for a long time in CRASH CODGER's slot room and came up with an idea. Here is my test sample of this new idea which is really a repackaged OLD idea....Super Bee....one of the original Norcal Stock Car Association's classes (the others were "B Stock" and "A Stock").
    I think that this is a good candidate to replace the struggling truck series. I'm going to try to get one ready for the Rocklin race. Who was it that won the only LMP race we ever had on the purple angel? That guy was/is way cool!

Also, I have been thinking of a way to make the races multiple mains instead of a massive round robin. Not quite there on all the details yet....but I'm trying.
    Last edited by vegas; 02-13-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: word formatification
    that's a wrap!

Maybe the JK / Parma 4.5" version would make for an easier transition... swap bodies and go!......Just an idea.
    Last edited by backintheslot; 02-13-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: add JK
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

I like George's 4" version better as we already run them....and I hate to see the trucks get replaced. Maybe we could alternate??? JMO.

tested the Dubick 1/32 f-1 last night it was good a couple of tenths off the pace need to do some weighting and I think it will be a very good f-1 the motor was very good looking forward to this weekend. Also got to test my 2 new 1/24 motors . motor 1 a Cahozza .set up with mags that bill brown cut for me 12 segments hone to .518 with a Proslot 21 24.5 22*.500 arm very stout can't beat the price either just had to cap it . the 2nd motor is a Camen small block with 8 segments and a Valiko arm 21 25 22*.480 dia was also very stout so I have 2 euros ready my Horky and my Dubick. 2 club members have Dubicks on the way set up by Lee Gilbert and the word is he likes them better then the Castricone and Horky . Dubick should be well represented at the scale Nats.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Day off today prepping for euro race tomorrow and Garden State Isra Series Sunday. have six euro motors to finish rebuilding and 1 12 and 1 or 2 16 d's also going to try and get 1 new .540 45* 12 Motor done .550 hole Smq's Proslot arm Proslot end bell hardware bearing can side (USRA) style. waiting on arm order four 4 more 12 motors and 1 16-d should be here next week . Will also be finishing FX JRL didn't have the right front tires for it will have it ready for next weeks warm up race at The Speedzone going to race sunday 1/24th Euro and JRL .Now if I can just stop playing Combat arms I will get it all done (LOL)
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Well, it looks like we've resigned ourselves to the fact that there is a group of banked track racers and a group of speed crazed flat track morons like me, and the two groups will remain separate. So, my NORCAL future will continue with two classes, LMP and GT12. In a way this is a relief as I can continue to practice all during the NASCAR race and whatever they want to run for the 2nd race. This actually gives me about eight additional hours of testing on the flat track at each venue as the raceway opens at 8am and generally we do not finish the banked track stuff until about 4pm. We had a good discussion about the 2nd NORCAL class and it was useful, I think in the long run a good thing for NORCAL as an organization.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Day off today prepping for euro race tomorrow and Garden State Isra Series Sunday. have six euro motors to finish rebuilding and 1 12 and 1 or 2 16 d's also going to try and get 1 new .540 45* 12 Motor done .550 hole Smq's Proslot arm Proslot end bell hardware bearing can side (USRA) style. waiting on arm order four 4 more 12 motors and 1 16-d should be here next week . Will also be finishing FX JRL didn't have the right front tires for it will have it ready for next weeks warm up race at The Speedzone going to race sunday 1/24th Euro and JRL .Now if I can just stop playing Combat arms I will get it all done (LOL)
    "Day off" eh? Hmmmm, sounds like a phone call "hi, this is Mic (cough, cough). I don't feel so hot today, won't be coming in to work today (hack, hack, hack)" This goes to show what the real WORK is and what the "work" is. Mic is a true WORKER as we can see. Have a good day at WORK Mic!

"Day off" eh? Hmmmm, sounds like a phone call "hi, this is Mic (cough, cough). I don't feel so hot today, won't be coming in to work today (hack, hack, hack)" This goes to show what the real WORK is and what the "work" is. Mic is a true WORKER as we can see. Have a good day at WORK Mic!
    Yea I called myself at about 7;30 am and did just that. LOL (cough cough)
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Ran the Dubick F-1 today started the race with 80 pitch opinion bad move lost gear half way through first heat. Put 72 pitch on and new gear lost 2 heats ran a few more heat but lack of time on the track and decided to pull it off. after race had 3 racers run the car fast lap for race was 5.96 Steve Whitt went 5.83 Matt Bruce went 5.75 and Andrew Eldridge went 5.72 with it the car is very good anyone looking for an f-1 euro should check out the Dubick don't think you will be disappointed . think I have to get the 1/32 euro Then I will have the full set.
    Last edited by Mic Byrd; 02-17-2013 at 04:14 AM.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Dubick have some proto F1 gears and some hubs similar to the cahoza ones.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    Also, I have been thinking of a way to make the races multiple mains instead of a massive round robin. Not quite there on all the details yet....but I'm trying.
    I've been thinking the same Vegas. Here's one possibility, use the "seeding" that we had in IMCA back in the pre-NORCAL days of yore. Another idea is to qualify and do multiple mains. Just adds qualifying time. Finally, looks like the direction we are headed in (finally, thank God) is to run an Amateur/Advanced race which is marshaled by the Expert/Pro group, then trade places. ALL cars get teched and impounded before both races. I have a theory that the A/A race will go better because you won't have the E/P guys whizzing around 1-2 seconds a lap faster....I truly believe that's a big factor in causing crashing. A/A can have a more laid back race at their appropriate pace. I have also observed many A/A racers expressing remorse over "getting in the way" or "causing wrecks" and other word formification. There's no need for that in slot car racing. Running two separate races is a SET UP FOR SUCCESS. For so long we have been set up for failure simply because the status quo is "easier". Thankfully it looks like that will change for next season.

well said racer!!

Finally, looks like the direction we are headed in (finally, thank God) is to run an Amateur/Advanced race which is marshaled by the Expert/Pro group, then trade places.
    I looked at this too and came to two conclusions from just looking back at the races this year so far. Some of the races would have had 4 or 5 Am/Ad guys marshalling 18 Ex/Pro guys. The other is that there still will be a disparity in skill and speed level. Take the last race in Fresno for example. The laps total spread in the Pro group between the front and the back was 40 laps!! That means that the guy that won the race is going to be passing the eighth place pro guy FIVE TIMES A LANE! Just some thoughts..
    that's a wrap!

just make nor cal for experts and pros?which will make everyone happy and start a new club for us slow guys we will wear hats with ears and sing kumbyfreakinya,or dump the trucks completely and use it for a lunch break so if the classes get split up we are not there till 2-3 in the morning.you were all once slow

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    The laps total spread in the Pro group between the front and the back was 40 laps!! That means that the guy that won the race is going to be passing the eighth place pro guy FIVE TIMES A LANE! Just some thoughts..
    Looks like you may have some guys that can't get in front of their pride. That large of a disparity in results either means a lot of guys are breaking down, or not keeping up. Maybe there needs to be a re-evaluation of who is an "expert/pro" and make some of them an EX-PRO...

Even golf has a SENIOR tour for those that want to play but can't hit the ball as well anymore.