Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

KVAN, yes, you're 1/32 ES is an incredible car. The older Horky chassis is still hard to beat. It was a pleasure to work on the cars as it gave me more seat time in the slot room.

When I finish mounting one more GT12 body this evening, I will start packing for the race at Fresno on Saturday. Leaving work at 5:00 and driving straight to Comcast in Livermore to pick up Hermanator. Reservations at Casa De Hood on Friday & Saturday night.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Haven't been doing much as of late . Some family issues have kept me busy . got started on the Dubik f-1 built motor set axle and bearings. motor is a Camen f-1 setup single mag Valiko arm 44 28.5 5* sound sweet. The other motor is a Camen small block 8 mag Valiko 21 24.5 for my 1/24 euro will be running these at the Garden State Isra Club this Saturday We are going to run F-1 1/32 Euro and 1/24 Euro on the Anaconda then Sunday we will run Garden State Isra Series 1/32 production G-10 b-Pro and open 12.
    Looking forward to a fun weekend of racing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dubick f-1..jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	12357  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dubick F-1,1..jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	12358  

Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Haven't been doing much as of late . Some family issues have kept me busy . got started on the Dubik f-1 built motor set axle and bearings. motor is a Camen f-1 setup single mag Valiko arm 44 28.5 5* sound sweet. The other motor is a Camen small block 8 mag Valiko 21 24.5 for my 1/24 euro will be running these at the Garden State Isra Club this Saturday We are going to run F-1 1/32 Euro and 1/24 Euro on the Anaconda then Sunday we will run Garden State Isra Series 1/32 production G-10 b-Pro and open 12.
    Looking forward to a fun weekend of racing.
    Mic, same here, I've been pretty tied up with work. My promotion is slowly taking shape and looking like it's heading in the direction of an appointment to the clinical faculty at the school. A 7% increase but best of all, a rate of two days a month of vacation time which means more possibilities for slot trips and grandson trips.

Your Dubick looks pretty state of the art to me. I'm assuming you haven't gotten it out on the track yet. Hermanator and I have talked a lot about F1 and came to the conclusion the chassis design may not have much room for innovation, but it comes down to the final track tuning, the motor choice and the controller. The latter cannot be underestimated. I still use my oldest Speedshop controller that I put an extra 30 feet of choke and it has a switch that turns off the relay. Makes it feel like a Falcon 7 with severe anemia.

Otherwise I am mostly preparing two cars a month for the NORCAL series, an LMP and a GT12. I am learning to put less and less time into prepping the cars because these races are an absolute zoo. We did have a good race at Modesto when somehow they grouped all the experts and pros together in the lane rotation. We could actually race eachother that way. But last week in Fresno we were back to the usual mixture of cars running 4.2s along with cars running 5.7s......arrrrrhhhhggggggg

Just so you know, I didn't do anything different in Modesto than what I always do with the line ups/computers. However, I think their randomization of order was turned off?? Some folks really benefited while others wanted to shoot me....LOL. I have heard that folks in the Pro and Expert division are willing to turn marshall the Am and Advanced divisions. If that's the case, I'd think we could split them. Talk with the Codger more on that. He is the ultimate authority when it comes to these types of experiments. Cheers!
    Jay Herrod

Truth be told, I think that the lineup used in Modesto on the flat track was a result of reverse alphabetical order. Even then I thought that things came out more or less well mixed for skill and speed.
    that's a wrap!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    Just so you know, I didn't do anything different in Modesto than what I always do with the line ups/computers. However, I think their randomization of order was turned off?? Some folks really benefited while others wanted to shoot me....LOL. I have heard that folks in the Pro and Expert division are willing to turn marshall the Am and Advanced divisions. If that's the case, I'd think we could split them. Talk with the Codger more on that. He is the ultimate authority when it comes to these types of experiments. Cheers!
    Yes, I am one who will personally turn marshal the entire amateur/advanced race if it means we can run the driver divisions separately. You can hold me to that promise! I know that we have pretty much lost one pro racer who is tired of the monthly massacre, I won't be far behind after this season unless we split it. I got a glimpse of how great NORCAL can be during a couple of Modesto races. Once last season we did a split and it was awesome. Then there was the accidental non randomized order this last time....again, it was fantastic. Rocky and I talked about it and I told him that he really won the race fair and square, he was just too fast. It wasn't the usual, "he won because he lucked out and had a bunch of clean heats". What the heck kind of racing is that?!?!?

Finished up new Dubick 1/32 f-1 will test tomorrow night . Also set bearings up on a second 1/32 Dubick f-1 and a Dubick 1/24 euro Both with 2 mil .these 2 chassis are for a race buddy . for those of you not familiar with these Dubick chassis very nice workmanship and a little cheaper the the other 2 big names. its hard to pick which is better my Horky or my Dubick 1/24 euro. will give report on the f-1 after testing on the anaconda at the Garden State Isra Club.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    Truth be told, I think that the lineup used in Modesto on the flat track was a result of reverse alphabetical order. Even then I thought that things came out more or less well mixed for skill and speed.
    You're right Ryan. It must have keyed on first names. I do remember seeing Chris C at the bottom of both line ups and Victor R toward the beginning. He wasn't a fan of that sort of sorts. George and I having names that begin close together also raced at about the same time. Victor asked if I had done something different, which I didn't. I know for sure he'd appreciate the separation of classes. I look forward to it in Rocklin. See ya Saturday Vegas? Sorry to hijack your post Slot Car Racer.
    Jay Herrod

On Sunday morning after the Fresno race, Hermanator and I emerged from a good night's sleep in The Hotel not knowing what time it was. We sat around for a long time in CRASH CODGER's slot room and came up with an idea. Here is my test sample of this new idea which is really a repackaged OLD idea....Super Bee....one of the original Norcal Stock Car Association's classes (the others were "B Stock" and "A Stock").

DSCN4895
    DSCN4898
    DSCN4897
    DSCN4896
    DSCN4899
    DSCN4900

You know, this looks like a fun class! Good idea from CRASH CODGER!!! You know what, this would get me racing on banked tracks every month....kind of bring me back to my roots as a racer. Let's see what happens in the 2013-14 season......

Looks interesting George. Is that a Contender?

Bernie Schatz

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    On Sunday morning after the Fresno race, Hermanator and I emerged from a good night's sleep in The Hotel not knowing what time it was. We sat around for a long time in CRASH CODGER's slot room and came up with an idea. Here is my test sample of this new idea which is really a repackaged OLD idea....Super Bee....one of the original Norcal Stock Car Association's classes (the others were "B Stock" and "A Stock").
    You know, this looks like a fun class! Good idea from CRASH CODGER!!! You know what, this would get me racing on banked tracks every month....kind of bring me back to my roots as a racer. Let's see what happens in the 2013-14 season......
    Looks like fun to me.... I've got a couple UL T5 setups that have some small holes and a couple small super wasps laying around in the box somewhere....god knows I have a chassis or two that need something to do. Need the body for sure.... hope to see you Saturday.
    Jay Herrod

Other than the body, which is really cool, that is pretty much what we race in Modesto as an "A" stock car; c cans with SW or CTR arms. Throw in the S16Cs and let's do it!!!

George
    What is that body shell. I've not seen it in the UK
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    Looks like fun to me.... I've got a couple UL T5 setups that have some small holes and a couple small super wasps laying around in the box somewhere....god knows I have a chassis or two that need something to do. Need the body for sure.... hope to see you Saturday.
    Good Jay, hope to see you Saturday. Part of the idea of this class, if you race LMP already, you'll probably have an extra car or parts to build a car....you'll have Contender and Super Wasp motors. All it takes is picking up one of these JK Products Dirt Modified bodies, JK 6233, 6234, 6235. We want something that bridges the gap between NASCAR (16D) and the LMP class....makes a smoother transition from what we currently have. S16C means new purchases. The A Stock class of the original NCSCRA was actually a G12 motor and an "outlaw" stock car body (DCR Lumina, etc)

George, you are right on the S16C arms....what are the odds of another class being added? I think I will get a body and setone up.